Daigoro Ito, Shinigami [upgrade] [completed] Apr 29, 2010 3:51:14 GMT -5
Post by Dai on Apr 29, 2010 3:51:14 GMT -5
Name: Daigoro Ito
Actual Age: About 230
Appearing Age: 23
Daigoro stands at quite a tall 5'11", with a normal build and a ponytail as long as his body (ceremonial). He has now cut this hair short, and it hangs to about the small of his back. He occasionally wears it down, more often than he used to. He also wears the full-length cloth that he weaved throughout it, not having cut that in half.
Daigoro has deep red eyes and pale red hair. His features have been described as 'wolfish', and he seems to have longer-than-usual canines. He wears his zanpakuto on the right hip, rather than the left, so he can draw and hold it in an inverted grip. He is now rarely seen without a knowing smile on his face. He also has a tribal-styled wolf tattoo on the back of his right hand.
At first glance, Daigoro acts serious. He gets the job done, when it has to be done. But he usually has a smile on his face, unless there is a reason for him to frown. That said, he keeps to himself, and a few close friends. He sees nobody as his enemy, just an annoyance.
He used to be a strong advocate against the Arrancar and Vizards, yet now has changed face, stating that his job is to "destroy the Hollow race." He claims that he does not really care for the war between Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, since Arrancar are "still half-Shinigami." He has one or two Arrancar friends, but would never openly admit it.
His loyalty is almost unparalleled. His trust is easy to get, and difficult to lose, but once it's lost, you will have to prove yourself greatly to get it back. He only partially trusts the Gotei 13, but would sacrifice his life for those closest to him.
He refuses to kill without a perfectly good reason.
Born in 1783, Daigoro was taken away by his father, a now disgraced Samurai Executioner, or Ronin, who vowed revenge on the clan who had killed his wife. His father died two years later, just before he could kill the leader, but Daigoro picked up the spear and thrust it through the leader's heart.
13 years later, Daigoro was enlisted into the Western Japanese army, and stayed by his general, Mitsunari Ishida, till the end. He was honoured as one of the most intelligent soldiers of his time, earning himself the nickname, "the Wolf of the West". Daigoro was the last soldier to die before the execution of Ishida.
Daigoro had never cut his hair short before he entered Soul Society, and it was never cut while he lived there, though Daigoro did not remember why.
Daigoro was led to Soul Society, but mistakenly put into Rukongai because of his father's low social standing with the rest of Japan as a Ronin. He lived in District 79, and killed just to survive. His most notable killing was the Senkigo Gang, where he killed every single gang member, just because they tried to kill the members of his 'family'.
Daigoro eventually enrolled into Shinigami Academy, but was frowned upon during the training period. He made up for this by working on his stealth, in order to keep hidden, which got him a position in the 2nd Division.
After about 20 years, Daigoro finally decided that living alone in his thoughts was too much to bear, and decided that he needed to get rid of his burden. In his mind, he felt that his main attachment was slowing him down, his hair, the one thing that had stayed with hi his whole life, yet he didn't know why. And so he cut it, and has begun to feel much happier for it.
- Swordsmanship- Intermediate
- Kidō- Beginner
- Hohō - Advanced
- Hand to Hand - Advanced
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Intermediate
- Stamina - Beginner
- Intelligence - Advanced
Name: Kiba Ookami
Translation - Wolf Fang
Kiba Ookami is a kodachi, a short sword that is less than one shaku (about one foot) long. It's hilt is simple, white with red streaks, and the weapon is extremely light for it's size, weighing only about 15 ounces. The sword has no tsuba.
It also manifests itself in the tattoo on the back of Daigoro's right hand. This tattoo is a seal on Daigoro's powers, active even when in sealed form. Due to Daigoro's tolerance for spiritual pressure, as long as his zanpakuto is touching his body or clothes, a thin protective shield can stop and deflect most forms of spiritual energy, up to the strength of kido level 30, and any spiritual pressure. This shielding is not impervious, and as the level of outer energy increase, the more likely it is to disappear. It is just as strong internally, weakening Daigoro's kido, making him less likely to use it.
The wolf tattoo on Daigoro's hand shows the level of strength of Daigoro's shielding, but it is also a seal, created by Ookami himself to limit Daigoro's own powers by about 75%. It is not because Daigoro is too powerful, but because Ookami prefers Daigoro to be invisble, and will stubbornly hold onto the seal.
Ookami appears as a large, white wolf. He has red streaks throughout his fur. His height is up to Daigoro's waist, and his weight is low enough so that he is extremely nimble, despite his aged and weathered looks. He speaks in quite a gruff and angry voice.
Ookami is cautious in his choice of words, and decidedly paranoid. Whenever he addresses Daigoro, he is polite, and courteous, but gets thoroughly annoyed whenever Daigoro acts without thinking. He would prefer Daigoro to be the one out of the crowd, and out of danger.
Relationship to Master
Ookami and Daigoro have a master/student relationship, with Ookami trying to force his teachings onto Daigoro, and Daigoro -usually- listening.
Daigoro's inner world is a large, snow-filled forest, with more than just Daigoro and Ookami within. When Daigoro first came across Ookami and this world, he had to follow closely behind the wolf, not being allowed to stray into the fog, lest he was attacked by the others, Daigoro's inner demons. The fog has since lifted, and Daigoro has been able to see more around him.
Call Out Phrase: Shaapu, Kiba Ookami
Translation - Sharpen, Kiba Ookami
Kiba Ookami shoots out and doubles in length, to a total of two feet. This is accompanied by a blast of Reiatsu. Other than that, nothing changes, not even the weight and density of the blade itself.
Seishou-Hakaisha (Energy Cutter)
- Description of Attack - Seishou-Hakaisha has two base forms - crescent form and blade form. The effects are the same for either form. Crescent form takes the appearance of a square-ended crescent, that is fired from Daigoro's zanpakuto blade. Blade form stays on the sword, and is used for close range attacks. Both are white, with red streaks.
When Seishou-Hakaisha comes in contact with any form of spiritual bond, be it Reiatsu or basic spirit particles, it will destroy those bonds, and make them almost irreparable. It can only cut one or the other, though. Not both combined at once.
- Type - Defensive, Energy-based.
- Range - 20 metres crescent form, Daigoro's own physical range in Blade form.
- Limitation - This attack can only cut one or the other, not both at once. If Daigoro were to attempt to cut a cross of both, say, a spritually powered being, it would most likely kill him.
Bakuhatsu-Ryoku (Explosive Force)
- Description of Attack - This attack takes on a similar form to Seishou-Hakaisha, in that it is interchangeable between both a crescent and a blade-based melee attack. This form, however, is black with red streaks. As it flows through the air, it gathers up Reiatsu from the friction. As soon as it comes in contact with another source of Reiatsu, it explodes. Therefore, the further away from Daigoro the target is, the more powerful the attack will be.
- Type - Melee/Ranged
- Range - High, approx. 20 metres, or Daigoro's own sword range.
- Limitation - Close range attacks are weaker than long range, long range attacks are easy to dodge.
Chi Chiryô (Blood Cure)
- Description of Attack - This ability can only be used on the blade of Daigoro's zanpakuto itself. Daigoro causes the blade to glow red with black streaks. He then can do one of two things. He can take blood from his own body by cutting himself, which can then be used to heal the injuries of others, relatively quickly. Either that, or he can take blood from the body of somebody else, and heal his own wounds, which takes a lot longer.
- Type - Healing
- Range - Daigoro's own sword range.
- Limitation - Healing others requires a sacrifice of his own blood. It takes a long time for Daigoro to heal himself with somebody else's blood, and only uses it as a last resort.
Name: Runa Ookami
Translation - Lunar Fang
Runa Ookami is simply a double-length version of Kiba Ookami, with no real weight or density changes. When Daigoro activates it, it is accompanied with a cone of Reiatsu that bleaches his hair white with red streaks, changes his eyes into a deep black, and changes his features into even more like a wolf.
To use bankai, Daigoro must first break the seal which has been placed upon him. it requires him to hold up his right arm, level with his shoulder and to focus all of the reiatsu he currently has into the seal, which overloads it and smashes it. Black, tribal tattoos then work their way up Daigoro's right arm, onto his torso and around his right eye. Daigoro does not need to use bankai if he releases the seal, and it lasts for 30 minutes before re-sealing itself, with an hour long cooldown period.
Howaiito muun ha, hogo (white moon, protection)
- Description of Attack -
To activate this ability, Daigoro draws a circle into the air next to him with his zanpakuto, and etches the kanji symbol for white in the centre. The symbol then glows, and a wolf climbs out.
This ability is a pure form of Seishou-Hakaisha, appearing like a large white-and-red wolf, about twice Daigoro's height, that begins to prowl around him. This wolf is extremely nimble, and acts as a shield for Daigoro. It's abilities are extremely similar to Seishou-Hakaisha as well, but it'll block just about any attack, besides the most powerful ones (kido 75+), and with each time it blocks, it begins to shrink, and as it shrinks, it's defensive abilities weaken.
Daigoro is able to perform a more powerful version of Seishou-Hakaisha in this state, at the cost of a small part of the wolf's form.
- Type - Defensive.
- Range - 5 metres around Daigoro's body.
- Limitation - Each time it blocks, it's defensive abilites weaken, and eventually become negligible.
Burakku muun, kougeki (black moon, attack)
- Description of Attack - To activate this ability, Daigoro draws a circle into the air next to him with his zanpakuto, and etches the kanji symbol for black in the centre. The symbol then glows, and it engulfs the white wolf in black light. The wolf grows back to it's original size, and then seals itself within Daigoro's zanpakuto.
This ability is a pure form of Bakahatsu-Ryoku. When the blade of Daigoro's zanpakuto comes in contact with any form of Reiatsu, around an opponent or an attack, it will cut into the Reiatsu itself, and begin to drain it. Not much, but it goes into the zanpakuto. When it has gone into the zanpakuto, it begins to manifest itself as a cruel, black armour with a wolf's head-shaped helmet that forms itself over Daigoro's body, increasing his defense against attacks, but slowing him down, and disabling both shunpo and kido.
- Type - Defensive, Offensive
- Range - Daigoro's sword range.
- Limitation - It only cuts a small bit at a time. Daigoro cannot deactivate bankai while in this form, and cannot activate the third stage until the armour is complete.
Ketsueki tsuki, saishuu teki na (blood moon, final)
- Description of Attack - Daigoro can only activate this ability when his armour from the black moon ability is completely covering his body. He draws a circle in the ground in front of him, and etches the kanji symbol for blood into it. The armour then absorbs itself back into the blade. He holds out his hand, and cuts his finger, putting his own blood onto the blade, causing the sword to glow red. He then stabs the blade into the symbol, which glows, and spawns a red, flaming wolf next to Daigoro.
This ability is, in a sense, the pure form of Chi Chiryo. Once the wolf has spawned, Daigoro and the wolf then charge at a single enemy, moving faster than shunpo would normally take him. As the near the target, the wolf and Daigoro's zanpakuto begin to meld, into a flaming red lance, and Daigoro stabs the chosen opponent. The amount of Reiatsu drained, and the power of a bankai both will almost instantly kill a weakened opponent, but one with enough strength will survive.
Once this ability has been used, Daigoro's zanapkuto is instantly reverted to sealed state, and the seal on Daigoro's hand it closed to use for 12 hours.
- Type - Melee
- Range - As far as Daigoro runs.
- Limitation - Once the seal has been re-activated, Daigoro is left with just enough spiritual power to maintain his form as a Shinigami. Kido and Shunpo are closed to him for those 12 hours.
Daigoro woke up a few hours later, inside a forest. He looked up, and saw a massive white wolf staring at him.
"Who...are you?" Daigoro asked the wolf, feeling kind of stupid, seeing as he was talking to a giant wolf.
[glow=Red,2,300]"I am ... Ookami."[/glow] the Wolf replied. Daigoro jumped back in shock.
He talked? Daigoro thought to himself,
I must be going crazy. He looked around.
This forest, it isn't in Rukongai. Where am I?
[glow=Red,2,300]"Your head."[/glow] was Ookami's reply. Daigoro was shocked, the wolf KNEW what he had thought.
Daigoro decided to look around some more, but Ookami simply walked in front of him and patted a tree with a small hollow inside the trunk.
[glow=Red,2,300]"Look inside, and a destiny full of pain and danger will await you. If you wish to live the rest of eternity comfortably and safely, but with regret forever, walk away now. You have the ability to use reiatsu, Daigoro, will you use it? It is inside that tree."[/glow]
Ookami stared into Daigoro's eyes, for what seemed like hours, before Daigoro thought I'm going to regret this someday, and looked into the tree. A blinding light engulfed Daigoro, and he woke up in his bed in Rukongai again, with the knowledge that he had to become a Shinigami...
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them?Yes
- Have you read through the Shinigami Application Guide?Yes
- How many Characters do you currently posses?Canon - 1
Original - 5
Moderator Use Only
Upgrade: N/A or Number