Hollow - Palewraith - Event NPC Nov 11, 2010 16:15:14 GMT -5
Post by Aegoras on Nov 11, 2010 16:15:14 GMT -5
Palewraith is a rather tall, thin, lanky hollow with exceptionally long arms and legs. When standing at full height, he measures about 15' tall. His legs make up 9' of that height, and his arms are just shy of 12' each. His skeleton, while existent, seems to be made up of mostly cartilage, making him unnaturally flexible. He moves with lanky strides, randomly switching between biped and quadruped, and will often use his flexibility to curl around objects like a snake.
His mask is surprisingly human in appearance, even to a believable (albeit pale) flesh-tone. Only upon close examination or study does one notice that what appear to be movements of muscles and features are just shadows changing. The face on his mask is a widely-grinning child, as if engaged in joyous activities. The eyes are the only other give-away to the absence of humanity, as they are simply pale yellow orbs set beneath the holes.
His skin is rather slick, as if covered with secretions or mucus, and is a pale gray in color. The shine often gives the highlights that match the light being cast upon it. He wears a shredded black tunic and some semblance of trousers, but his arms, hand, feet, and head are bare. His hidden Hollow hole is in the center of his stomach.
Palewraith delights in deceit and trickery. He will often attempt to mislead his target for his own gain, or for no other reason than to simply to toy with them. He is sadistic to the core, and enjoys drawing out anger and frustration from whoever he has set his eyes on. He speaks with a smooth, creepy voice, and even when angry, sounds calm and collected. His laughter would be described as a child's giggle, though still fitting his voice.
He is often overconfident in his abilities and his hold on others, and will boast incessantly when in control, usually in an attempt to drive his opponent to make mistakes in their anger. He is quick to take advantage of mental or physical weaknesses, and considers honor to be a petty ideal. His overconfidence is also his biggest weakness, and will not bother to take precautions when he feels he doesn't have to. This leads him to make mistakes in battle, and he is unlikely to learn otherwise anytime soon.
In life, the man was an illusionist, specializing in staged hypnosis. He took his act around his small country and gathered small crowds in an effort to make money and fame. He was pretty good at it, too. He made a decent living with his sleight of hand and tricks of illusion, but his real crowd-pleasing ability was the hypnosis.
When he would call volunteers to the stage for his finale, the crowds would always get excited. The actual hypnosis was simple, and even the tasks he had his volunteers perform were easy enough. But people loved watching others make animal noises on command, or hop on one leg because they were told. The illusionist reveled in the attention he got, and boasted himself as the greatest hypnotist in the world. It was rare to find anyone that could resist his technique for long, though there were many that tried.
It wasn't long before he began to focus his shows on the hypnosis, and use the tricks of illusion as filler material. His fame was growing, and he was soon traveling farther and farther to promote himself and his act. The more famous he grew, the more haughty he became. But it would all come to an end in his early thirties; a fall from the wooden stage, his head split open on surrounding railing.
As a plus soul, he wandered for some time, lamenting his fate and what he considered to be a cruel and tragic end. His chain slowly eroded as he watched the living quickly forget who he was and what he did. He was so amazing, yet they wouldn't even remember him. It had all been for naught, and he would never forgive them for it. His chain was soon gone completely, and the transformation into a new young hollow was complete. Palewraith was born.
He quickly learned his new abilities, and while he was a very weak hollow compared to others, he found himself gifted in stealth and hypnosis. This must have carried over from his life, and he began to use these skills to trick and control his targets. He learned how to mask his reiatsu and move silently through shadows in order to apply the necessary seal for his trance, and has worked to perfect his methods.
He has yet to find a limit to the number of people he can induce trances in and feed off of, nor has he found a limit as to the strength of the victim. The more he feeds, the stronger he becomes. He has practiced and honed his skills, and has found that he truly delights in the mind games available within someone else's dreams.
Now he has set his sights on more powerful targets, and is planning on adding Soul Society and Hueco Mundo to Earth as his feeding grounds, and will be traveling to each to choose his targets. His confidence has grown, and he is now set on becoming infamous in his new life.
- Swordsmanship - Beginner
- Reiatsu-based Attacks - Advanced
- Sonído - Intermediate
- Hand to Hand - Advanced
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Intermediate
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Advanced
- Garganta - Allows travel between worlds.
- Hierro - Standard Hierro, resistant to slashing or stabbing.
- Cero - A standard crimson-colored Cero, gathered and fired from his mouth.
- Description of Attack - Palewraith forces his victim into a trance, during which the affected person appears to be in a coma-like state. He can manipulate the perceptions within this state and feed off the reiatsu given off by the victim. He uses various challenges and games to force the victim to release more reiatsu, and can change them to suit his wishes. He can run multiple trances at the same time, though can only fully concentrate on one at a time.
- Type - Hypnosis
- Range - Unlimited
- Limitation - While the range of the ability itself is unlimited, Palewraith must first make contact with the intended target and place a seal on the back of their neck. The seal will last for 24 hours, or until the victim awakens from the trance. He must be within 5 meters and behind his intended victim in order to place the seal. The seal takes the shape of a very small circle, half an inch in diameter, and is usually placed to hide under hair if possible.
Faces of Death
- Description of Attack - Palewraith memorizes the reiatsu of anyone that has fallen victim to his Induced Trance, and can later replicate illusions of himself that match the victim's level, but not skills or abilities. Each looks like a shorter version of himself (about 6' tall), and has basic tactics and fighting proficiency, but no signs of advanced intelligence or speech. They are created within 20 meters of himself, but are not limited in movement after initial creation. He can create one illusion per person he has put in a trance, and can create all of the illusions at once.
- Type - Illusion
- Range - 20 meters
- Limitation - Once a replica is destroyed, it cannot be recreated without putting the victim into another trance. Multiple trances for the same victim do not allow multiple replicas to be made, they are still limited to one per target. They have no special abilities of their own, except for Hierro and Cero (which are relative to their original victim's tier). The saved reiatsu information is lost after 7 days or when the corresponding illusion is created.
- Description of Attack - Palewraith can completely hypnotize up to three targets, but rather than the trance-like state, he simply convinces them to fight for him instead. Their abilities and powers are available for use, though he does not directly control them. Their will is still their own, however twisted for his benefit.
- Type - Hypnosis
- Range - 50 meters
- Limitation - Palewraith needs to be within 50 meters of his target(s) in order for the hypnosis to maintain, and he cannot hypnotize a target over HLS tier. This ability can only be used once for up to three targets within a period of 24 hours. Performing the hypnosis costs 10% of his reiatsu per target. ((Note: This ability will be pre-planned with affected players before use.))
The lanky dark figure slipped silently out of the shadows and moved fluidly behind his target. The lone soul in his view was oblivious to his presence as a slimy finger was raised and pointed towards the back of his target's neck. A moment later, a small black dot formed at the base of the soul's skull, and Palewraith was ready to begin. But something stopped him from starting right away. Probably boredom.
He slinked directly behind the potential victim and waited for a moment, his reiatsu fully repressed (even though he doubted this soul had any way of detecting him anyways) and his breathing silenced. After a few moments of smug reflection, his head cocked to the side and a silky voice poured from his mouth.
"What's wrong, little one?"
The soul jumped and turned with a start. It was a woman, a young one at that, with long brown hair and a look of shock and fear plastered on her face.
Palewraith relished the moment as he literally towered over her small frame. She stammered for a moment, as if unsure of what to say.
"Did you lose your way?" He asked in a condescending manner. His body contorted and wrapped around behind her head in a semi-circle, though his legs stayed in place. His hands gently grasped her shoulders in a comforting motion, but his intentions were anything but. "Don't be afraid, you can tell me..."
The soul still couldn't reply, she just looked on the verge of crying hysterically. Of course she was afraid, but that only made Palewraith enjoy this all the more. He thrived on these sort of games, and shows of dominance over others. This is what he loved about what he was.
"There, there..." He made a vain attempt at comforting her once more. "Sleep now, and I promise pleasant dreams." Whether she believed the lie or not made little difference, as his hypnosis was already beginning. While he didn't need to be close to his target in order to induce the trance, sometimes it was satisfying.
As she began to calm and close her eyes, he supported her light frame easily and slipped it to the ground. He was ready to feed, and her nightmares would soon begin. A shadow moved across his mask as he shifted over her form, making it look like he was wearing a cruel smile as he spoke the last word she would hear.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - 1
- Original - 4
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Wicked
Tier Level: NPC; Whatever is necessary for plot