Arrancar - Kamina Su Wong - [S-2] Feb 16, 2011 12:22:23 GMT -5
Post by Sam on Feb 16, 2011 12:22:23 GMT -5
Admin Note: This app is to fill the vacant 2nd Espada position. Permission given to me by Kyra and the powers at hand.
Name: Kamina Su Wong
Actual Age: 348
Appearing Age: Early thirties
A man with a wild mane of red hair that won’t be tamed anytime soon, it hangs off his shoulders and covering his ears. He has red eyeliner much like Grimmjow as blue, it complements his orange eyes. His skin is olive toned, scars on his exposed chest and upper abs. He wears the average Arrancar white pants, but instead of an obi , he wears a tiger pelt that flaps over his right leg. Kamina wears a half toga like garment across his chest, leaving his left half exposed revealing the tattooed number two on his left pectoral muscle. Standing at five three, he is very short for an Espada, but that doesn’t get him down.
He is almost never seen without a smile, his pearly whites shine when ever hit by light. Under Kamina’s hair, he has very large ears which are often the butt of jokes. However, Kamina is very proud of his ears, though they may be hidden under his wild hair. He keeps a well maintained body with nearly zero body fat weighing at one hundred twenty three pounds, but his arms are longer then they should be by three inches. They are just as long as his legs, keeping a monkey like appearance even before releasing. The Hollow hole is located over his right pectoral muscle, hidden beneath the toga like wrapping. His Hollow remains are an elongated tail that is wrapped around his waist like a fur-lined belt. It is red like his hair, is five feet in length, and unwraps in battle for superior balance. He carries a medium sized gourd around his shoulder, this is filled with sake for his pleasure and drunken style fighting.
He wears gold jewelry throughout his body. Gold crown a top his head, though it’s not as stand offish as other crowns. A simple golden ring that curls on the front on each end in the front. Loose gold bracelets on his right wrist and a tight gold bracelet on his left. A gold chain with three monkeys as a decoration, each one doing the ‘hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil’ bit.
Kamina is an impulsive, mischievous, and flashy kind of guy. He’s an optimist, believing solely in his abilities, the abilities of his comrades, and seeing the bright side of things. If someone is down, he’ll go out of his way to cheer them up, though some of his methods may result in causing more harm than good. This optimistic view on life is a strong contradiction to most Arrancar, who seem to dwell on the past or trying to get him down.
His confidence in himself is his greatest asset and fault, seeing no situation that he can’t get out of with his current level of power. This can be dangerous as he’ll leap into battle without a second thought and little regard to his own life. He plans sometimes but then goes a different direction as if he forgot about his plan altogether. This may cause others to see him as a liability, but he always seems to prove them wrong after the fact.
Kamina won’t even follow the plan of a mission if it involves stealth, as stealth doesn’t fit with his flashy style. He makes flashy entrees whenever he can, mainly announcing his entrance with accompany of drums and a flute played by his subordinates. Most of his entrances start off with a long introduction, which is always changing and seems like a long speech than an intro.
When he starts a fight, he relies heavily on brute strength and his own skills, and rather fights alone if he can, as it is his battle and no one elses. Kamina also uses a martial art known as Monkey Style Kung Fu or Monkey Fist. The style he uses is Hou Quan, which integrates the fast hit and run tactics with a staff like weapon. However, carrying a gourd around of sake to drink, Kamina may get drunk enough to perform the Drunken Monkey Fist style, which may be comical at first but proves to be deceptive once it starts to kick in. When he gets drunk, he becomes easily anger and amused at the same time.
Kamina is kindhearted and trusting with his subordinates and comrades. He treats them like a gang or family, with him as the boss. He shows great confidence in them and their respected abilities, so much so that he’ll allow them to pick a fight with anyone they want. However, if he finds someone that is far beyond their power to fight, Kamina will step in to fight in their stead. This not allowing of certain individual’s from fighting another is far beyond the capacity of caring for them. Kamina does like playing the hero of sorts, coming in at the last minute to further enhance his flashy style.
Often at times, Kamina reserves his boundless energy by taking a nap in the oddest of places. Though these naps may be caused by a night of drinking and is simply trying sleep off a hangover. If he is disturbed during a nap, he becomes quite cranky, verbally attacking anyone who dared to awake him but then gets sick with a headache from his own yelling.
Kamina’s favorite food is banana’s but takes offense when people assume that at first. He also enjoys peanuts, other citrus fruits, and fish. His favorite activity is playing pranks on others just to see the reactions to them.
Like all Arrancar, Kamina's story began in a world of darkness, a never-ending life of wandering in a group of other Gillians with a single instinct to eat. For a long time, Kamina was part of a group but soon something began to change inside him. A single personality began to take over from the thousands of souls made up inside a single being. Clawing his way through, making himself the dominant one was no easy task, but he soon found victory in his determination and shear will alone.
His mask changed from the average Gillian, becoming more defined without the large pointed nose and spiked collar. He knew he needed to continue to feed, seeing an opportunity in the moment at hand took several of the other Gillians has his first act of self-awareness. Sure he had to get out of there once the others realized what was happening, but it was worth it for the short relief in the pit of his never-ending hunger.
Was this my life now, just a big never-ending cycle of eating to survive?
That question always came to mind when he had to hunt again. It was a dog eat dog world, this land of Hollows. As much as he despised being a cannibal, it was necessary to live, to grow. It didn't take long for him to realize what was going on with his body, the fact that after each 'meal' he was getting a bit smaller. He may not have been the smartest of the bunch, but could tell that the smaller he was getting, the stronger his power became. Soon he'll need to find bigger prey, not these mindless Gillians anymore, but something stronger.
That's when he began his ventures into the Human world. He could feel strong reiastu levels coming from certain parts of that world, and would go in when it suited him. Kamina was never one for a surprise attack, so when he saw those black kimonos of the Shinigami he just had to spring into action. Of course sometimes he was outnumbered, leaving scars behind as he took one or two away. They tasted different from Hollows, almost pure. But even then, it left a bad taste behind ending another life to satisfy this growing hunger.
The screams, got to drown them out. How can I drown them out?
As if burdened from the victims, Kamina soon found a way to shut the screams from his head. One night, he had captured a Shinigami man who carried a gourd around. Before Kamina took his life, he asked for one last drink. The man's arm was ripped with his zanpakuto from reach, his other hand pinned to the ground by Kamina's own hand. He didn't even think about it, he poured the liquid down the man throat slowly, allowing him to drink a good portion, and the man smiled before his consumption.
Not sure what was so special about this liquid, Kamina investigated the gourd like a curious monkey. The liquid tasted strange, leaving his tongue tingling with the sensation he's never felt before. He liked it and soon discovered that it relieved some of the pain for what he had done. So he kept it with him, going back to get more when he can.
It was then that he discovered Las Noches, the kingdom of Baraggan Luisenbarn, at the time the undisputed king of Hueco Mundo. As an Adjuchas, he was very interested in this man's power, and wanted to become enlisted in Baraggan's army. But he found out that enlisting in such an army meant more than just asking, he would have to prove himself worthy. So he trained to get this power, always pushing himself further the next day, only to return to a spot near Las Noches to watch and learn. However, what he learned about Baraggan was not what he had thought.
The king just sat there, in his throne doing nothing but watch his army grow tireless. They did nothing but what he said, just for his amusement. Sickening to the stomach, that was not how a king should act. In fact it made him feel as if someone else should be king, someone who would do more than allow such boredom to happen, someone like him. His new plan was not to enlist in this man's army, but to take his head and become king for himself. But to do such a thing, he'll need to gain a power beyond that of what he currently has.
Is this it? All those sacrifices for some guy’s amusement with nothing to show but more blood on my hands. Not any more.
Enough was enough, he didn't want to witness this anymore and he was going to do something about it. He may not have the power to stop such a tyrant, but the time had come to where he needed to try. However, it seemed that destiny had other plans for Kamina, as three maskless faces came. He had come at the oddest of times, where he witnessed the slaughter of several members of Baraggan's army. He hid in the shadows as we watched the event unfold.
He wasn't the smartest in the bunch, but he knew when he was outclassed. Watching the slaughter happen left a bad taste in his mouth, so he drowned it out with his sake until the screams subsided. He counted himself lucky that the Shinigami did not kill him as well, though it was most likely due to the fact he didn't even bother to fight them or they did not sense his presence, either way he counted himself lucky.
He listened carefully as the leader spoke to the king, speaking of new found power by breaking the boundaries of shinigami and hollows. Though drunk at the time, it intrigued him to the point where a new goal came to mind. By gaining this power, he could overtake Baraggan for his failure as a king. It certainly was going to take some time, as he would have to wait for the Shinigami to return.
Greater power, breaking the boundaries of Shinigami and Hollow? Sounds intriguing.
Kamina knew he wasn't yet strong enough break those boundaries quite yet. He went on a journey of training, training for the day that this Aizen to return and grant those worthy the power to break through the boundary. Kamina had already decided on one dream, to overthrow Baraggan as king, but he didn't have the power to do that just yet. It went to the forest, taking on anyone who dared to challenge him. It was his time, his time to be king over these weak hollows.
He enjoyed being ruler of the Gillians and weak Adjuchas, he even managed to acquire a troop of monkey-like Adjuchas that were his trusted comrades, and even the rumors of Aizen's returned didn't reach his ear for some time. He took his time training, reaching new heights for an Adjuchas. He was king, a monkey king among his own kind. But even Kamina grew restless with his own small kingdom when he remembered what he was training for and journeyed back to Las Noches for the fruits of his labor.
It took him years to recall exactly where Las Noches was, he was never good with direction, but that didn't stop him. He met interesting people on his way, non one more interesting the a tiny Adjuchas. She was full of spunk, no stop attacking him no matter how many times he just tossed her aside. He had interest in taking on this immature Adjuchas, but it was funny to encourage her to keep trying. He wondered who this wolf-like hollow she kept talking about, but he never really bothered to ask. If it wasn't for her, he may have never been able to find Las Noches again.
Only when he returned to Las Noches, several things had changed. He was surprised that the Shinigami were able to build such an impressive castle. No longer the roofless palace he left, but even with the roof something was wrong. The new palace was in disrepair as if a great battle had happened. He turned to the small Adjuchas to question her, but she was long gone leaving him to find others for answers.
What is this? How long was I gone?
He tried to enter the Castle, but was stopped by some strange new beings. They looked like Shinigami but they wore white and had fragments of some sort on their faces. Without provocation one attack Kamina, though fast, the strange being was no match for Kamina's superior strength and skill. The creature was arrogant, trying to defeat what he assumed to be your average everyday Adjuchas, but that overconfidence proved to be his downfall as Kamina ripped the man limb from limb. With a large bite, the creature’s lower half laid on the ground, its power surging through Kamina.
Downing one caused the other to back off slowly, but Kamina needed answers and that one will do nicely. Swiftly knocking the others weapon away, he pressed the man against the wall with his rather large monkey paw and question him. He learned that these strange beings were called Arrancar, the result of Aizen's experiment. The very thing he wanted to become, but he won’t become this weak when he becomes one that much was certain. But more info was needed, especially about the events leading to the Castle’s current state.
He learned of the winter war, the battle between Aizen's Arrancar army and the Gotei 13. However, what was most surprising was the man he wanted to surpass, Baraggan, was no longer among the living. One dream taken away by means he did not know. All that he did know was that it was a woman captain and a fat vizard that did Baraggan in, and swore to defeat them as a means to prove to himself a worthy king even if he has to serve under a Shinigami for the time being.
So here he was now, undergoing the transformation to gain more power, the power of a king. Kamina knew that the way to become a King was first serve under one. He may not be strong enough to be the Primera, but that could change with further training will soon correct the situation. He needed to get stronger to fill the vacant spot left by the former king, much to his surprise it was filled before he could try. But it didn't discourage him, it only encouraged him to get stronger so he can take the spot for himself.
No worries. So what if someone else has Baraggan’s spot. Just a matter of time before I claim it for my own.
And that time came faster then he thought, as the previous occupant left. She seemed to leave on her own accord and this was his moment to prove himself. Others tired to claim it for their own, but none were worthy. So the challenge was set and all he had to do was show off his killing prowess to the powers above, that much was obvious to Kamina.
He made a racket, taking on anyone who wanted the spot only to find that he was far superior to them in the ways of combat. He only killed those that wouldn't quit after their defeat, but he always drank to their honor of courage in the face of defeat. He couldn't keep count on how many came his way just to fall by his hands, but what he could count on was the more he showed off the better his chances were.
Soon, any day now I'll be the Segunda Espada.
- Swordsmanship- Intermediate
- Cero - Beginner
- Sonído - Advance
- Hand to Hand - Advance
- Speed - Advance
- Power – Advance
- Stamina - intermediate
- Intelligence - Beginner
- Description of Attack – A power strictly for his staff like zanpakuto, Kamina’s staff can grow or shrink depending on the command given. With the command of Grow, Rey Mono can grow to the maximum length of 100 feet and with the command Shrink, Rey Mono can shrink it the maximum size of fourteen inches. With its weight on top of the fact it can extend at an impressive rate, Rey Mono can deal considerable force when used.
- Type - Zanpakuto Skill
- Range - Close to Long
- Limitation - As the staff grows, it becomes more difficult to use as it as the weight throws the weapon off balance the longer it gets. So the longer the weapon the more off balance it is. The time it takes to grow depends on the length desired. From its travel size (fourteen inches) it can grow to six feet almost instantly, as that is its original length. It takes two seconds for any additional foot, as in two seconds per foot. So to reach one hundred feet, its maximum length, it would take nearly two minutes. The same works for shrinking, though once it reaches six feet it can go to travel size almost instantly. As this is a zanpakuto ability, it won’t work outside of Kamina’s hands. The force dealt is can push back someone a few feet or crack the ground.
- Description of Attack – Kamina has the strength of one hundred wild apes, easily able to swing is heavy weapon with ease and lift almost impossible things such as boulders or small buildings. As his weapon weighs nearly one ton, Kamina lift anything of that weight or less with relative ease, and in such actions may throw a large rock at his opponent for comedic effect when he gets drunk and frustrated.
- Type - Offensive/Passive
- Range - Self
- Limitation - Though he can swing his zanpakuto with relative ease Kamina is after all prone to go overboard with showing off. That is when his zanpakuto reaches certain lengths, the weight will take its toll on him, and begins to drain his energy. He can even use so much in strength in contest with his opponents. Seeing that it is a passive, always active ability he doesn't have to worry about time limits or reiastu draining, however Kamina is limited by his overall energy. This means that the weaker he is, the less he can lift.
Name: Rey Mono
Translation - Monkey King
Call Out Phrase: Viaje , Rey Mono
Translation - Journey, Monkey King
An iron rod staff with a red finish. It retains the size of six feet when it has not grown for combat or shrunken in length for easy travel. It retains a width of two inches and does not expand in girth when the staff grows. The tips are golden with decorative monkeys on each end. The tips retain a size of seven inches when not growing or shrinking. Though it can change its size and length, Rey Mono maintains the same weight at all times, nearly one ton. This further shows his strength by how easily he can swing it around. It travel size is fourteen inches with just the tips showing and is carried at the base of his back for easy access. * See ability for more info on different sizes.
Kamina hops on the very top of his Staff, pretends to look to the West, and he states his release phrase, "Viaje , Rey Mono." After he says it, a tornado of wind reiastu encircles him sending small debris and wind in every direction. It shrieks loud as if hundreds of monkeys shrieking at once and the wind began to die down. Once the winds subsides, Kamina as changed into a more monkey like appearance then he was in his sealed state. His once lion like mane of fire red hair has turned into red fur with yellow highlights. His human face now resembles that of a monkey with red eyes.
His red tail remains red but has a yellow tip. His outfit remains the same in color and measurements, and retains his staff in all its glory. As for other abnormal features, every limb becomes monkey like, palm like feet allowing him to use them to hold his staff at times. He gains shoulder and an arm guard on the right side of his body. An odd thing about his appearance is cloud like puffs around his ankles.
Mono Vigor (Monkey Force)
- Description of Attack – A raged induced attack, were Kamina will go into a beastly rage attacking anyone in sight. Almost like a vizard going berserk, Kamina cannot tell friend from foe as his irises become blood red, and his Sclera black as the darkest night. He was never really smart, but now he becomes the animal he represents attacking with no end in sight. Mono Vigor can be induced voluntarily by biting his tongue and tasting his own blood. It can be induced by the witness of something beyond his limit of optimism, such as the fall of his allies before he could help or failure to do so. In this state, Kamina can ignore damage done to his body allowing him to continue to fight without stopping. He’ll act on instinct, shrieking like a monkey, and not understanding the language of man.
- Type - Rage Induced
- Range - Self
- Limitation - Self inducing can only be by biting his tongue and tasting his blood, no other blood ingestion will allow him to enter this state. This ability prevents him from using basic strategy or the knowledge of using his weapon effectively. Anyone will be attacked during this state of mind, even those of higher tiers. Knocking him out or tiring him out is the most effective way to deal with this wild monkey. He’ll tire out quickly, due to the fact he is almost completely defenseless while in this berserker rage thus sustaining injuries quite easily. Though attacking him to injure him is a strategy used by those of superior skill or strength, one can just try to avoid him at all cost of only three minutes or less. The more he uses this ability, the shorter the time. Two times max, cutting the time in half after the first use. Plus after each use, he becomes more tired and may pass out from the second use. Damage done will be mainly from scratches, punches, kicks, and bites. No increase in strength or speed is done, but may seem that way from acting on instinct.
Abajo del Rey Mono(Bellow of the Monkey King)
- Description of Attack - Kamina's strongest attack and the funniest looking one (at first). By sucking in the air, Kamina's chest begins to expand to the point of comedic relief, which is until it's ready to release. After a minute of sucking air, Kamina's chest has expanded twice its normal size and he turns to face his opponent. Once he has a visual or guess of where his opponent is, he'll roar a hurricane like cyclone out of his mouth causing destruction in its wake. The cyclone looks like a cylinder with a five foot circumference descending down to Kamina's mouth.
- Type - Wind Offensive
- Range - Long (30 yards)
- Limitation - Seeing that this move takes a deal of concentration to use, interrupting it will cause it to backfire and deal considerable damage to Kamina's lungs, leaving him breathless for a moment. This move leaves Kamina motionless while he sucks in the air around him, making him a sitting duck. Once the air is in his chest, he has limited movement, and can only move a foot or two before he has to launch his bellow. This move also uses 25% of his overall available reiastu, also limiting his use if the available reiastu is enough for two shots or not.
This is also a two shot deal, requiring a mixture of his reiastu to fire. In other words, once he uses both he won't be able to use it anymore, plus depending on how much reiastu he has remaining, less than half, he'll revert back to his sealed state.
As this is his strongest attack, damage is based on the classic tier system below.
Higher tier by two steps = low to no damage
Same tier = Moderate to low damage
Tier lower by two steps = Moderate to heavy damage
Among several pillars, white like most of the others under the false sun, sat a lone figure. The wild red mane blew in the odd wind as the short olive skinned man ate a banana. Detesting the fact that the man he sat a top, beaten to half life, insisted on giving him the yellow bunched fruit. Sure, he did enjoy the taste of he potassium enhanced food, but to be joined into a group assumptions was beyond his patience level.
The fat man groaned from the pain only to have a peel placed on his swollen face."Serves you right, jumping to con...con...what's the word damn-it?!" Kamina said as he punch the fa rolls of his seat from his frustration of using three syllable words.
Not like it was that guys fault for Kamina's short comings, but it didn't matter, he just tried to brown nose the wrong guy with the wrong thing. "Screw it, I'm out of here." The hint of red from over thinking about the word conclusion left as he tossed the last peel on his sofa before he walked off.
The red furred tail swung around his waist after it placed a decorated stick in the folds of his half shirt. Kamina had one banana left as he walked off, peeling back the greenish-yellow peel to get to the white fruit inside. Sometime had passed, far away from the pillars where the fat Arrancar laid, and stopped for a moment.
Con-conclusion. The word finally came to mind after several minutes of trying to think about it. "Conclusion, that's the damn word." He scratched his wild red hair with his free left hand as the realization of the word came to mind after he left the fat bastard far behind.
Sure he could go back to and tell him the sentence he wanted to say, or he could go back to his tower and nap. Nap it is. Kamina thought has he continued to his tower to regain some energy from that thinking.
Next time I'll know the word.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - #7
- Original - #7
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Rebel Raven
Tier Level: Master Level Average