Arrancar - Entmutigend Hynne - [B-1] May 3, 2011 3:16:04 GMT -5
Post by Hynne on May 3, 2011 3:16:04 GMT -5
Name: Entmutigend Hynne(Hee Nay)
Actual Age: 221
Appearing Age: 19
Hynne is a lithe individual with a small build on a slender frame. He stands at 5'6" and weighs 129 lbs. His physique is well toned, but it is not bulky. His unkempt brown hair reaches the bottoms of his ears at its average length, with the bangs parted above his left eye. His eyes are pale blue. They are so pale, in fact, that they are almost gray in color instead of blue.
The remnants of his hollow mask are slender bones that start at the corners of his mouth and travel back around his head below his ears to meet in the middle. The parts of this band of bone that goes around his head have teeth pointing towards the ground starting at their beginning point above the corners of his mouth and ending just in front of the bottoms of his ears. At the base of his skull the broken band of bone and teeth begins an external spinal column that travels down his neck and along his actual spine. It ends at the base of his spine.
His hollow hole is directly below the part in his hair, straight down the line from his left eye and set a few inches below his collar bone on his left peck. Because of the many days and nights he's spent in the darkness of the outer edges of Hueco Mundo, Hynne's skin is very pale.
Hynne's attire is simple. He wears a white, sleeveless, collarless vest. The black zipper can be unzipped down to the sternum, but no farther. He usually keeps it completely zipped up anyway. Below that he has a black sash tied around his waist to keep his white hakama where they should be. The bottom of his hakama is trimmed in a rust color. His footwear is that of most arrancar with the standard black socks and brown sandals.
Hynne is not difficult to read in the least. He shows his emotions strongly in both his facial expressions and his words. They do get the better of him from time to time and show through in his actions as well. For the most part Hynne is a very direct man, doing things for no other reason than simply to do them. He is not afraid to speak his mind, which can get him into trouble depending on whose company he's in. He has a habit of asking people, even complete strangers, why they are doing what they're doing at the time. In his mind taking an action with an ulterior motive other than the completion of the specified action is deceitful and untrustworthy no matter the case. He likes to enjoy the small things that others seem to take advantage of such as a refreshing rain or a cool breeze on a hot day. In his mind Respect is earned, not given, and no amount of power can earn respect.
When it comes to battle even Hynne's enemies will find him at least slightly respectful. His golden rule for combat is that fights should be fought on a one on one basis, even when there is a distinct power difference. After all, for making a mistake in combat the price must be paid. If you are foolish enough to engage an enemy with greater strength than your own it is your own fault. The exception to this is when you do not know your enemy's strength. It is for this reason that Hynne generally avoids combat when he can because his Reiatsu sensing abilities aren't that sharp to begin with.
Hynne began his afterlife as a simple quadruped hollow of not so impressive size or power. He would have to work his way up the ladder to power just like every other Hollow before him. Before his ascension through the ranks of the rabble, however, he was a human who had died. The fact that he was human and that he died before becoming a Hollow are not the important details to the beginning of his story. It was the events surrounding his death and the Hollow that he had met on several occasions that were important.
He was a young man just entering college at the time. Effectively he had his whole life ahead of him. College kept him buys most days. Juggling classes and work weren't the only time consuming events in his life, though. He had started seeing spirits shortly after arriving on the college's campus. He wasn't sure why or how or even what to do with this ability. He strode across the campus after classes one day and he was greeted by a black horse wearing a white mask. He'd never seen a talking horse before, let alone one with red eyes that wore a fierce looking white mask. He knew it to be a Hollow. At this point he'd been on campus almost a year and he'd seen and talked to enough spirits to have figured out what they were.
"I'm surprised you can see me. Most humans are blind to our presence," it said as it moved directly towards him. He tensed up a bit, feeling its gaze pierce deep into his chest.
"Are you planning on making a snack out of me? I know Hollows eat human souls." He made no movements in any direction. He clenched both fists. It was clear that he was afraid, but he stood his ground regardless. He refused to die a coward.
"You're not a meal worthy of my consumption, punk. The taste of fear just isn't my style. But you'll be real useful to me. And since I know you can't stop me I'll tell you why." The beast took another step towards the young man. "There's another hollow that stole more than one of my meals before, and we scrapped. He turned tail and ran in the middle of our battle. I know he's in the living world around here somewhere. He's trying to get strong enough to consume me by eating lots of human souls first. Since you have more spiritual energy than the rest of these meat sacks, he'll definitely target you. And I'll be there to take those many dinners he stole from me out of his hide."
The young man could do nothing but nod nervously in agreement. He was in no position to negotiate being used as bait in a war between two monsters. As much as it troubled him, it was undoubtedly out of his control.
He spent the next two weeks of his life in utter disarray. Being constantly stalked by a dark presence was not exactly good for one's mental health. He had many a sleepless night knowing that a monster was sleeping on his roof or in the sewers under the street in front of his dormitory. It was difficult to concentrate in class when he could glance out the window and see his potential death staring him in the face.
He did begin to come to terms with it, as it seemed that the monster was keeping his word. This was confusing for the youth as he believed all Hollows to be violent monsters. Not only was this one slightly cunning, he also seemed to be honorable. He had done exactly what he said so far. It was upon this realization that the human made a bold move. Every day he would attempt to strike up idle conversation with his stalker. He figured that the chances of his own demise were roughly the same whether he spoke with the creature or not, and at least he might be able to ease his mind if he can find some human qualities to relate to in this being.
The Hollow that had been stalking Hynne's human self came and went as he pleased, going back to Hueco Mundo when he needed to feed. He was quite determined to see this operation of his through. Another two weeks had passed by this time and the two had engaged in several conversations. They usually ended with the Hollow getting annoyed at the human because of his talks about things that were pointless to a Hollow like friends, schoolwork, and love. Despite this, The college student had succeeded in his own endeavor. Though he was disrespectful, quick to anger, very demanding, and a vengeful streak, the Hollow also showed the virtues of patience, honesty, and determination.
Just when he thought he'd been making progress and might finally learn the name of the one who'd loomed in his shadow for a month now, disaster struck. The Hollow that had consumed souls that the college student's stalker had claimed finally showed himself. A bipedal Hollow with a large head filled with rows of teeth, small lanky arms, large powerful legs, and a tail began dashing towards the human in between his class times. It appeared that his stalker had either grown lax in his surveillance or he had gone to eat, because he did not immediately drop in to attack his target.
The student threw down his books and began running for his life as the giant bipedal lizard chased after him. Its footsteps cracked and smashed the concrete sidewalk and left large imprints in the grass beside them. A quick sweep of its tail and the human Hynne was slammed into a tree, nearly unconscious. The beast lumbered over and licked its chops as it bent down to smell its prey. It opened its mouth to take a bite.
BOOM!!! A mighty cero came from a nearby rooftop as a garganta closed behind the familiar equine-like figure. "Take that, jackass. You'll replace all those tasty souls you took from me with your own." The stalker leaped from the building top and shoulder tackled the lizard hollow before it could fully recover, or so he thought. Just before making contact the stalker was engulfed in a cero of the enemy's design. The point blank cero left the stalker at the bottom of a small crater. The lizard growled at him and licked his lips. It was clear by the look in its eyes that it was looking forward to two meals today. Hollow with a side of human was on his menu.
The human saw these last few events through blurred vision. He could still make out the jest of what happened despite this fact, and he didn't like where it was going. Though he'd been stalked by the Hollow that was now in a crater, he felt that he owed it a debt. It might have been indirectly doing so, but it was protecting him. He had to return the favor. Maybe distracting the monster would give enough time to quadruped to recover and deliver another one of those blast things.
He questioned whether or not he was still sane as he grabbed a handful of dirt and taunted the reptilian Hollow, "I thought I was your target, you poor excuse for a Tyrannosaurus." When it turned to him and charged, he threw the dirt in its eyes and narrowly dove out of the way of being trampled. The creature crashed into a building head first and was stunned for a moment. The human Hynne was about to turn and rush back to see if his stalker was going to make it, but he was cut short. A spike was fired from the tip of the lizards tail. It pierced completely through the upper part of his left lung. Another spike followed after it and went straight through his throat.
The next thing he knew, the college student was beside himself. He was staring down at his own body. Anger, sadness, frustration, fear, and several other negative emotions seethed in every fiber of his being as he realized what had just happened. In the blink of an eye his life had ended. He wanted so badly to tear the beast apart to get revenge, but he knew he still lacked the power to do so.
"Sorry, kid. He's gotten a lot stronger than I expected. I know using you as bait was dangerous, but I feel a little guilty for getting you killed. I guess I owe you one for buying me some time." A dark flame began to leak from between the equine's gritted teeth after he said this. When his mouth opened it unleashed what can only be described as the flames of Hades.
The lizard howled and screeched in pain as the flesh was seared from its bones in an instant. With more fear than before, Hynne's human self stood wide-eyed and speechless. What a terrifying power. Just then something broke through the fear. Maybe it was because of the events he'd just witnessed, but something in the back of his mind sparked a desire to have this kind of power.
"Alright! Dinner time! He's gonna taste soooo good!" The equine practically dove into the remains of his enemy and feasted till there was nothing left. It didn't take long, either. His appetite was almost as incredible as those flames. After finishing he headed over towards the human's spirit. "You should just wait for a Shinigami to come and-" he stopped abruptly as his eyes met the human's.
With an exceptionally fierce glare he said, "Let me join you. You've shown me that not all Hollows are mindless, evil monsters. I want the kind of power you have. This helplessness...this fear...I can't stand it anymore. Devour my soul chain. I've seen what it does to souls. They become Hollows. It's better that it happen quickly by you eating the chain than for me to sit here and suffer as my chain slowly consumes itself. To repay me for the debt you claimed to owe me...let me reach for that power!"
You want to become a Hollow? Well...while I'm not too happy about this whole debt to help you get power, far be it from me to turn down food when it's freely offered. You want power, then I'll make sure you get it, kid."
The equine kept his word and did as he was asked. When Hynne awoke next his eyes opened to see a form that he did not recognize. He felt sand beneath him and the world was dark. He had no memory of who he was, where he was, or why he was. A voice that sounded eerily familiar spoke to him as he got to his feet, About time you got up, Hynne. I've been waiting on you to come to for days now. I haven't eaten a solid meal since I've been watching over your unconscious body. You and I had an agreement and I want to get started on that job as soon as possible. Now get up, get ready, and let's go, kid.
Ettar never spoke of the human that Hynne used to be. That weak being was far beneath the Hynne now that he had become a Hollow. Hynne was the name given to him by Ettar. At the time Ettar was already an Adjuchas, hence why human souls weren't particularly appetizing to him.
Hynne then began the long journey to becoming an Adjuchas himself with Ettar as his guide. The initial hunts were difficult. Hynne was usually stuck consuming the various wildlife of Hueco Mundo in order to survive. The unique relationship the two had baffled nearly everyone they met. If Hynne failed in getting a meal and Ettar had to step in and save the day then you can bet that Hynne would receive a serious ass kicking for 'being weak.' After the beatings he would be left without a meal, since Ettar would eat their prey himself as payment for saving Hynne's life.
With Ettar's help he was able to consume souls of nearly every type. Hollow, Human, a few Shinigami, and even a lone Quincy. His progress was slow compared to Ettar's, according to Ettar himself. He managed to reach Gillian class Menos after consuming more Hollows than he cared to count. He then began to consume other Gillians, which were essentially large masses of smaller Hollows themselves. He found that Ettar would have to step in and help him more and more often as time went on because other Adjuchas would command the mindless Gillians to attack him in groups to keep him from getting stronger. Of course, Ettar's cost of saving Hynne was a beating and a single member of their prey, so with the number of Gillians that they fought in the Menos forest on a daily basis Hynne was still practically gorging himself.
Through the many battles that he had to fight in order to consume other Hollows, Hynne began to understand the ins and outs of battle. It wasn't long before he was able to set up ambushes for small groups of other Gillians on his own and pick them off. Attracting the Gillians wasn't that difficult for Hynne because of his unique spiritual pressure. The Gillians weren't smart enough to realize that it was another Hollow, and they would often investigate the source of the strange reiatsu the moment that it flared up in range of their senses.
Over two hundred years had passed. Hynne had fought countless battles and eaten more of his desert-dwelling brethren than he could remember. He finally reached the next stage of Hollow evolution at this point. Compared to his former size as a Gillian, his Adjuchas form was practically an ant. He took on a quadruped canine form that was barely three feet tall at the shoulder. He felt the significant difference in his power, and measured it in relation to what he felt from Ettar. They were very close, which surprised Hynne because Ettar had been in his current form for so long.
When Hynne asked why Ettar explained that in his own attempts to become more powerful and surpass his current state, another Hollow had taken a bite of his mask and put him permanently in evolutionary stasis. Or, at least, that's what he thought at first. During their time hunting together Ettar had heard a few interesting things about the developments of the sands above the Menos forest. Powerful Hollows were willfully removing their masks and becoming more humanoid in appearance. That wasn't the only change, though. They also gained immense power compared to their previous forms. He had waited for Hynne to reach the same level as him so they could make the transformation together.
Hynne agreed completely. This method of increasing their power took far less time than their prior method, and from what he could understand of the changes the power increase was significantly more. The two nodded and began the struggle of ripping their masks off. When the struggle was complete they rose to their feet and stared at one another. Both laughed and nodded.
"Nothing else for me to do for you now, punk. You're practically as strong as I am. If you get in over your head now, don't expect me to risk my hide to save it. Anything that can kick your ass can probably kick mine, too."
"Yeah, I got you. So what do we do now? There's no reason to continuously feast on our kind any more. I still want to get stronger, but simply gaining power seems empty now."
"We go out and enjoy the world, Hynne. Nearly anything we want is within our grasp now. As a matter of fact I think I'll pay a visit to the living world soon and see what kind of mayhem I can stir up for fun."
"Alright, Ettar. I'll see you around, then. But don't think this means I owe you anything. You were repaying a debt to me. A debt that it took you two hundred years to finish paying off, I might add." He smiled despite his words and gave a wave goodbye as Ettar stepped through a garganta to the real world. Hynne followed suit and went through a garganta of his own. He would see what the realm of the living had to offer now that he wasn't just a lowly Hollow.
- Swordsmanship- Beginner
- Cero - Intermediate
- Sonído - Beginner
- Hand to Hand - Intermediate
- Speed - Beginner
- Power - Beginner
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
- Cero - Hynne's Cero is usually fired from his mouth, as that is the most familiar place that he has launched it from in his past as a Hollow. After becoming an Arrancar he noted that his Cero's color changed drastically to a vibrant Neon Orange.
- Garganta - The gate that most Arrancar and Menos class Hollows use to travel to and from Hueco Mundo.
- Heirro - Hynne's Heirro is currently strong enough to reduce the damage of attacks from those of a similar level to him. It cannot stop direct attacks completely all on its own.
- Bala - An Arrancar special, it is a high speed reiatsu based projectile attack. Hynne's Bala is the only reiatsu based attack he has that is more commonly fired from his hands than his mouth. Because it is a reiatsu based projectile attack, Hynne's skill with Bala is roughly equivalent to his skills with Cero.
- Description of Attack - Hynne has an abnormal flow of reiatsu in his natural state. It is wild in nature, even for an Arrancar. Though it is not exceptionally powerful, the ebb and flow of his spiritual pressure disrupts the flow of reiatsu for others. To put it simply, when an opponent uses any reiatsu based ability or attack they will have to choose between one of two things. Either the power of their attack will be considered one Tier lower than what they actually are, or they will have to expend additional stamina to use the ability at its full power equivalent to an ability that was one tier higher than they actually are.
- Type - Passive
- Range - 10 Meters
- Limitation - Because of the strange reiatsu that Hynne gives off he has trouble identifying different spiritual entities aside from their strength and location. He cannot mask his presence on his own, so others that are spiritually aware will likely be able to detect his unique energy fairly easily. Due to the wild nature that his spiritual pressure exhibits, Hynne will not be able to use it as a raw attack like other spiritual beings do even when his opponent is far beneath him. Over the course of five turns the reiatsu he puts out due to this ability will be approximately equal to that of a single Bala.
Call Out Phrase: Swear!
Like countless others, Hynne's Zanpakutō is of the length that it would be deemed a katana. The twenty-six inch blade is curved just a bit more than most katana. The excess curvature leads to a longer point at the end of the blade. The guard is composed of two layers of six wavy spike-like protrusions directly from the top of the handle with the lower layer of spikes jutting from the space below the openings between the upper layer's spikes. The upper layer of spikes is silver in color while the lower level is golden in color. The wrapping around the handle appears to have been done haphazardly with smooth brown cloth. The handle itself is curved in the opposite direction of the blade, but with a similar angle of curvature. The fourteen inch handle ends with a silver cap. Overall the shape of his weapon is more like a Shamshir than a Katana.
Hynne's Mask will quickly begin to reform. Only the top part of his mask reforms, extending upward from the existing headpiece. When it is done reforming, it will appear as though he is wearing a canid skull over his own head with his eyes peering through the eye holes. What is essentially an animal pelt springs forth from the spine and lower back part of the helmet. It clings tightly to Hynne's back with the hide of the front legs forming a wide band around his neck and the hind legs forming a belt around his waist. The fur of the pelt The fur looks like rusted iron wool with red, brown, and dull gray mixing together in the color scheme of his coat. It extends down the spine that is attached to his mask and sprouts out of the tail that extends from the base of his actual spinal column, creating a bushy canine tail. White armored boots and gauntlets tightly hug his arms and legs. They reach the elbows and knees respectively with cupped armor plates at those places to provide protection to those joints. His chest and shoulders receive a thin cover of the white armor. Like his arms and legs it conforms to his skin. From the belt on his waist hangs a white kilt with rust colored trim that reaches just above his knees. It is complete with black leggings underneath the kilt and boots.
Unlike most Arrancar, Hynne's Zanpakutō does not fully disappear when he uses his Resurreción. Instead it decreases in size and loses its curved shape to become more like a dagger. The blade is twelve inches in length after unsealing. The now eight inch handle's previously brown wrapping turns the same Neon Orange color that his Cero takes. The guard takes a hexagonal shape when unsealed. The pommel cap and the guard both become golden in color.
Hynne's reiatsu increases by an amount that would be expected for an Arrancar's Resurreción. His normal Arrancar abilities such as Cero, Bala, and Heirro gain a similar increase in effectiveness as well. His Daunting Presence ability, since it's directly based on his reiatsu, also undergoes an equivalent increase in strength.
As with almost all Resurreción, Hynne is healed of all wounds that do not cause him loss of a particular body part or vital organ.
- Description of Attack - Using a unique combination of reiatsu manipulation and the sound of a Hynne's "laugh" he can trigger an impulse in the target's central nervous system that will cause all nerve endings in their body to register the stimuli of pain simultaneously. This pain is actually more intense the less the target is wounded because they will have less of an adrenaline boost to aid them in staving the pain. The pain itself ranges in severity depending on the strength of the reiatsu of the target, but even a small amount of pain registering at every nerve ending of the body will cause a fair amount of distress due to sensory overload. This pain is generally used to debilitate a foe long enough to create an opening for Hynne to attack, but it is also an effective method to fend off lesser enemies that he does not wish to kill or to flee from stronger foes.
- Type - Reiatsu Offense
- Range - 5 Meters
- Limitation - He is only capable of using the effect one time per battle per opponent. Coupled with the fact that he must be in combat for two minutes with an opponent to effectively use it on that one enemy, using it more than once in a fight even against multiple enemies is highly unlikely. It also requires a few moments of his focus to properly control, similar to the amount of time it would take someone to perform a mid-level Kido spell. It lasts for one minute plus an additional minute for each tier below Hynne the target is. It inflicts no direct damage on its own. Since it is an audible ability it is possible to lessen the effects by using a sound dampening device of some kind. Those who have higher Intelligence will also be able to process the stimuli more efficiently, thus reducing the effects slightly as well. It drains him of the same amount of reiatsu to use this ability as a Cero would.
This is also the name of Hynne's unsealed Zanpakutō.
- Description of Attack When Hynne successfully inflicts damage with Unending Lamentation, he may discharge some of his reiatsu through the blade of his weapon and into the damaged area. He will then be able to "detonate" the energy he injected into his foe like a small explosive. This will cause some internal damage to the wound, making it much worse than it appears from the outside. The explosion created inside the opponent will be around the size of a golf ball. It will be big enough to cause some serious pain and perhaps blow the wound a bit wider. For someone of the same tier as Hynne the damage will be substantial, but it will not be fatal unless the initial wound was in very close proximity to a vital organ since it is a small explosion inside of a fresh wound. The more dense spiritual pressure that those a tier above Hynne have will reduce the blast to half strength simply because the reiatsu that rushes to the wound to aid in recovery will partially snuff out the attack, though it will still do enough damage to widen the wound and perhaps cause internal bruising. Two tiers above Hynne and the attack will be reduced to one quarter its normal strength, effectively feeling like punch to the inside of the open wound. For those that are unlucky enough to be below Hynne in terms of tier, this ability will be highly unforgiving. One tier lower and the damage will be serious enough that bones could be cracked and internal organs that were not directly hit by the initial slash but are still close by could end up ruptured by the blast. Two tiers below and a stab in the shoulder could mean someone will be missing an arm.
- Type - Weapon/Reiatsu Offense
- Range - Melee
- Limitation - Since Hynne fights with a dagger, his attack range with this is quite limited. The amount of energy he can inject into the explosive is limited to what he can put in in the amount of time it takes him to make the attack, which is generally only a split second, so he can only plant enough energy for ONE blast per successful attack. He is unable to store reiatsu in the blade ahead of time, which further limits the amount of power he can put into the injection. Since the blast itself is so small, it can only be truly lethal if the dagger strike itself would have been precise enough to hit a vital organ in the first place. He must take twelve seconds to focus and detonate the injected energy. All energy that has been injected into an opponent must be detonated within three minutes from when it was put into place. It will rapidly dissipate and be wasted after that point. A single use of this ability consumes as much energy as firing of one shot of Bala.
Hynne had recently finished a meal. It was not a meal he was necessarily proud of, and it only staved off his hunger. It did not quench it. He sat quietly in one of the trees of the Menos forest below the sands of Hueco Mundo. Though he had not been an Arrancar for long by any means, he was uncertain of how much he enjoyed it. He had yet to realize that as an Arrancar he was no longer required to sustain himself on the spirits of other beings alone. He could have eaten actual food. Still, that Gillian wasn't going to be useful to anyone else any time soon.
He had grown bored of sitting in this underground tree and decided to go into the world of the living. With a fair amount of effort he opened a garganta and leaped through, closing it behind him. He hadn't noticed, but a certain Arrancar that had been his companion since they were both Hollows had sneaked through the gate with him. "Going to stir up some trouble here in the living realm, Hynne?" The voice sprang up from a bench in the park just a few feet from where Hynne had landed after coming through his garganta. The sarcasm was so blatant it was imminent.
"Stir up trouble? Don't joke around like that. You should know I'm not much for fighting. I'm just gonna go for a walk." He paused for a moment, wondering why his comrade would follow him so suspiciously. "And what of you, Ettar? Why did you follow me here in such a fashion?"
"Are you kidding? Your reiatsu draws in all kinds of interesting and delicious stuff. You're like the perfect bait to fish for food and fun."
Hynne shook his head at his friend's reply and turned to walk away slowly. Same old Ettar. Still...he's been acting stranger and stranger lately. He's been disappearing randomly and not showing up to go on hunts together. Something is up. )
"Hey...wait a second! Don't give me the cold shoulder, punk!"
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - 0
- Original - 0
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Sam
Tier Level: Mid-level Weak
Upgrade: N/A or Number