Shinigami - Sumiyaka Majikku - ML-A May 29, 2011 13:59:15 GMT -5
Post by ray on May 29, 2011 13:59:15 GMT -5
Name: Sumiyaka Majikku (sumiyaka means speed and majikku means magic)
Actual Age: 230 years
Appearing Age: 23 years
Sumiyaka stands at about 5' 9'' and weights roughly 140 pounds. He has long, mop style hair that hangs down in the front and stands up in the back. His hair is black in color, with a silver streak in the front toward his left. His skin is pale and he has brown eyes. His body is toned, not overly muscular but with some definition.
Sumiyaka does not wear standard Shinigami clothes, preferring instead to wear an all white kimono that is black along the torso. He wears this different style of clothing because it matches his hair (which is colored to reflect his Zanpakuto spirit). In this way he feels closer to it. He wears traditional brown sandals. He positions his Zanpakuto along his left side so that he may easily grab it with his right hand. He wears no necklaces or other jewelry but he does have a tattoo on his right shoulder - the Japanese symbol for wolf.
Sumiyaka is a distant person in his interactions with others. He prefers not to get too attached to anyone person (save his Zanpakuto) and more importantly not allow anyone to get too close to himself. It's his way of protecting himself from others. He prefers to do things alone and will not admit when he needs help. He believes that being on a squad makes other members of the squad comrades, but comrades does not mean friends. Sumiyaka is not heartless though, if he saw a comrade about to be killed by a hollow (etc.) he would intervene, but shy of that he leaves others to handle their own problems.
Sumiyaka is a self-motivated person. He pushes himself to improve his technique and hone his spiritual pressure. In his spare time, he can be found meditating with his Zanpakuto or practicing kidou from a scroll for hours on end. He is fascinated by Kidou, and resolves to one day attain the title of master in Kidou.
Finally Sumiyaka maintains a calm demeanor. He believes that when a person is not calm, their thoughts become unfocused and distracted. He also strives to keep his emotions concealed from others. One thing he enjoys however, is lone walks under the nighttime sky.
While alive, Sumiyaka was a loner. Born and raised in Tokyo, Japan to parents who were never around, he learned to take care of himself and not rely on others. From an early age he could see spirits that had yet to move on, but always chose to ignore them pretend like he did not notice them. They always wanted something, and he was not one for helping them. Around the age of seventeen, Sumiyaka had went for a lone walk under the nightime sky, something he loved to do. As he walked, he mistook the top step on a flight of stairs and went tumbling down. By the time he hit the bottom, his neck was broke.
Sumiyaka was not bound to anyone or anything in the world of the living. So when his soul was told by a woman in an all black outfit carrying a sword that it was her duty to send him into the next life, he left without reservation.
Sumiyaka spent the next three years in Rukongai. During this time he lived as a loner. Never really socializing with anyone and just fending for himself. It was also during this time he became aware of his spiritual powers. It began with him noticing that unlike all others, his body required fruit that grew from trees to sustain itself. Over time he developed the ability to create a glowing orb of spirit power in the palm of his hand. With his third year in Rukongai coming to an end, Sumiyaka made the decision to enter the Shinigami Academy.
His training in the Shinigami Academy was not an incredible feat for him. He was average in sword play and less than adequate in hand to hand combat. But he excelled at Kidou and often practiced it whenever he could. Sumiyaka maintained his distance from others in the academy, wanting to be by himself.
Upon gradutaing from the academy, Sumiyaka became a low ranking member of the Kidou Corps - a secret organization that conducts high profile missions while training its members in the area of Kidou. He spent a year and a half with the Kidou Corps before deciding that he did not belong in this organization. So he transferred into one of the Thirteen Squads.
Shortly after his arrival into the Thirteen Squads , Sumiyaka began to have vivid dreams of a showy wolf standing on a cliff and on some days he swore he heard howling far off in the distance. The dreams and howling continued on for several months until one night he dreamt he was standing on the cliff with the shadowy wolf staring at him. It was this night that he learned the name of the creature, Burakku Gin Ookami. The next day he began to meditate with his Zanpakuto and slowly he began to bond with it. A little over a year later he was able to release its Shikai.
To date Sumiyaka has not fully mastered his Shikai. However he is skilled and competent with it and feels as though if will not be long before he has a complete mastery over it.
- Swordsmanship- Intermediate
- Kidō- Advanced
- Hohō - Advanced
- Hand to Hand - Beginner
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
Name: Burakku Gin Ookami
Translation - Black Silver Wolf
Unreleased, Burraku Gin Ookami is a standard Katana, with a 24 inch silver blade. It has a circular gold guard, with a black and white grip that can accommodate two hands. It is also light enough, the Sumiyaka can wield it with only one hand. Burraku Gin Ookami's sheath is jet black.
Name: Burakku Gin Ookami
Burakku Gin Ookami is a very large, black wolf. Two and a half times the size of an average fully grown wolf. He has three scars under his right eye. He wears silver cuffs on his front two paws, matching a silver chain around his neck.
Burakku Gin Ookami is the strong, protective type. Whereas Sumiyaka is quiet, Burakku Gin Ookami is very outspoken. When in battle, he becomes fierce; his blood set a fire by the fight.
Relationship to Master
Burakku Gin Ookami has a good relationship with his master. He feels his role is to protect Sumiyaka and strives to achieve this to no end. He trusts his master, and know that Sumiyaka trusts him for he is the only one Sumiyaka is ever truly open with.
Their inner world is a 50 foot cliff that over looks a ravenous sea that splashes powerfully at the side of the cliff. A still breeze blows and the sky is forever in a state of twilight, with a crescent moon hanging within it.
Call Out Phrase: Heki, Burakku Gin Ookami
Translation - Pierce, Black Silver Wolf
Released, Burakku Gin Ookami maintains the same shape, color, and appearance. The only difference is it's change in size. Upon releasing Shikai the blade shortens to half it's length (12 inches) and the grip shrinks so that it can only one hand can wield it.
Burakku Gin Ookami's Shikai is focused on it's ability to create and launch senbon (needles). Because it creates senbon from spiritual power and does not split apart to create them, Burakku Gin Ookami is classified as a Kidou based Zanpakuto.
Kensei Ba-Suto (Power Burst)
- Description of Attack - Upon releasing his shikai, Sumiyaka can activate a temporary buff in speed and spiritual power. This buff is equivalent to one tier. The use of this technique is necessary for him to fight at his fully assigned tier. He activates this buff by simply reciting its name out loud.
- Type - Passive
- Range - Self
- Limitation - The buff given by this passive is small, only a tier increase. This buff is necessary for him to fight at full tier.
- This buff is temporary, lasting only 2 minutes max. And Sumiyaka must be in Shikai form to activate it.
- Weaknesses - Sumiyaka must say the name of this ability out loud in order to use it. If for some reason he cannot speak it, then he cannot use it.
Senbon Enko (Senbon Arc)
- Description of Attack - Sumiyaka slashes his Zanpakuto in a 3 foot arc in any direction. Instantly, senbon quickly materialize from the arc in a standard "V" formation, with the bottom tip of the "V" facing outward from Sumiyaka. They then quickly speed in the direction faced. The direction they travel is affected only by the direction in which Sumiyaka slashes his Zanpakuto. So for example, he could face north and slash west using this ability. The senbon would go west in a straight path. Each senbon is 3 inches in length, with sharp points on both ends. If they make contact with an opponent, they are intended to pierce an opponent.
- Type - Projectile, pierce, offense
- Range - 15 feet
- Speed - 30 mph (miles per hour)
- Limitation - As of right now, Sumiyaya can only shoot a maximum of 30 senbon in one slash.
- Since the senbon travel in a single direction, they are able to be dodged by fast opponents.
- Once the senbon reach the 15 foot mark, they quickly disintegrate.
- Throughout the entire use of this ability, the senbon never break formation. They remain parallel to one another and keep going until they make contact with a person, object, or reach their range limit.
- Spiritual Energy Consumption - This ability consumes 15% of Sumiyaka's overall spiritual energy per use.
- Damage - Opponents of an equal tier to that of Sumiyaka would experience light damage, as any senbon that make contact will pierce and break skin; but not too deeply. Damage to an opponent of equal tier can go from light to moderate if that opponent is hit with three of four arcs.
- Opponents one tier below Sumiyaka would experience mild damage, as the senbon would pierce and break skin more deeply. This damage can go from moderate to severe if hit with three or more arcs.
- Opponents two or more tiers below that of Sumiyaka's would experience moderate damage, as the senbon would pierce and break skin; burrowing into the skin. This damage can go from moderate to severe if hit with more than one arc.
- Opponents one tier higher than Sumiyaka would experience light to no damage, as the senbon will have a tough time breaking skin and would hardly pierce.
- Opponents two or more tiers higher than that of Sumiyaka's would experience no damage. Their spiritual pressure would over power the spiritual pressure used to make the senbon, and they would disintegrate before making contact.
- Weaknesses - Sumiyaka cannot use this ability back to back, for Burakku Gin Ookami needs time to recover (approximately 10 seconds after using this ability he will be able to use it again).
- As stated above, any opponent that is two or more tiers above Sumiyaka's tier would overwhelm the senbon with their spiritual pressure. This would cause the senbon to disintegrate before making contact with the opponent.
- The senbon can be blocked by any moderately powerful shield. Or canceled by any moderately powered attack.
Kyokan Senbon (Giant Senbon)
- Description of Attack - Sumiyaka holds his Zanpakuto vertically above his head. Hundreds of senbon appear around him and then gather above his head, fusing to form one giant senbon (8 feet in length, 5 inches in diameter). Using spiritual power, the senbon is hurled toward an opponent.
- Type - Projectile, pierce, offense
- Range - 15 feet
- Speed - 30 mph (miles per hour)
- Limitation - It takes Sumiyaka seven seconds to gather and fuse the senbon together to make a giant senbon. In other words, opponents would have a seven second opening to attack him or prepare a strong defense.
- While charging this attack, Sumiyaka can not use Shunpo, Senbon Enko or any Kidou. He can stop charging at anytime if need be, but even then it still takes a couple seconds before he can use Shunpo and his other abilities.
- This attack travels in a straight path until making contact with a person, object, or reaching its range limit.
- Spiritual Energy Consumption - This ability consumes 40% of Sumiyaka's overall spiritual energy per use.
- Damage - Opponents of an equal tier to Sumiyaka would experience moderate damage. This damage can become more severe if hit somewhere vital.
- Opponents one tier or more below Sumiyaka would experience severe (but non-lethal) damage.
- Opponents one tier above that of Sumiyaka would experience light damage, as their spiritual pressure would cancel out a great deal of the attack. However, damage can go from light to moderate if hit somewhere vital.
- Opponents two or more tiers above Sumiyaka would experience no damage because their over whelming spiritual pressure would make it too difficult for Sumiyaka to effectively create and fuse the senbon.
- Weaknesses - It takes Sumiyaka seven seconds to gather and fuse the senbon together to make a giant senbon. In other words, opponents would have a seven second opening to attack him or prepare a strong defense.
-As stated above, opponents two or more tiers above Sumiyaka would overwhelm his spiritual pressure. Making it too difficult for him to create hundreds of senbon and then fuse them together.
- This attack can be blocked by a powerful enough shield or canceled if hit by an equally (or more) powerful attack.
Name of Ability
- Description of Attack -
- Type -
- Range -
- Limitation -
Sumiyaka lay asleep after a hard day's training at the Shinigami Academy. He had spent the day practicing Kidou, something he really enjoyed. As he slept, he found himself dreaming a familiar dream of a shadowy wolf on a cliff. The wolf always sat still, never moving save for a rustle of its fur blowing in the gentle breeze. He had been having this dream for quite some time now. It came to him every night. But tonight something was different about it tonight.
Slowly the dream became more detailed. The wolf no longer shadowy, but shapely and defined. Every fur on it's body coming into detail. Silver cuffs became visible on its from paws, a matching silver chain around its neck. Eyes that were strong willed and protective that made Sumiyaka fell safe. Finally the whole wolf was clearly visible, and seemed closer than normal, and much larger.
Sumiyaka heard a light thud and he felt the touch of soft ground beneath his feet. He was no longer dreaming this place, he was in it. He felt the light breeze upon his face, heard the roaring of waves splashing up against the cliff below, even smelt the salt from the sea.
Looking around, he saw that to his left the cliff extended out until it ended in a point. To his right the cliff slowly became wider, extending far off then ending in a straight drop to the sea. Twilight filled the sky, with a crescent moon hanging in it. This was indeed a very strange place, and yet it felt somewhat familiar. He felt as though he belonged here.
There was a slight rustle of grass as the huge black wolf slowly rose. Something brushed against Sumiyaka's conscience. Something being directed at him by the wolf. Suddenly he hear a gentle, firm voice within him.
Sumiyaka Majikku, do you know who I am?
Sumiyaka was in awe of this being. Inside he was a little afraid, but he tried not to show it. In response to its question, he slowly shook his head no.
I am the spirit of your Zanpakuto. Do you wish to wield me?
"Of course. More than anything!"
I have been watching you. You are motivated, intelligent, and calm in the face of peril. I also sense a presence of power and destiny within you. For these reasons, I deem you worthy of being my master. Speak my name: Burakku Gin Ookami
Sumiyaka was apprehensive. He had been taught that learning one's Zanpakuto name was the first step to bonding with it but he wasn't sure what would happen once he repeated the name. But despite his nerves, he was not about to chicken out.
"Burakku Gin Ookami", he repeated. There was a loud, deafening howl in his ears. Then everything went dark.
Sample Post #2
Sumiyaka walked along the outskirts of the Shinigami Academy training grounds. It was late at night and no one was around, which is why he chose to walk here. The moon hung high above his head, full and shining down pale light upon his path. He wasn't walking to any particular place, just enjoying his night time stroll.
As he walked he thought back to his time in the academy and all the hours he spent at these very training grounds struggling to master his first Kidou - Sai. Countless hours under the night sky, reciting the same incantation over and over; and feeling despair every time he failed to use it. He remembered the immense joy he felt once he had finally mastered it. He had come so far since then, and still had so far to go.
Sumiyaka stopped suddenly, becoming aware of a presence behind him. Not far, about four or five feet back. He also felt the spiritual pressure of this person, it was familiar yet withdrawn. He realized immediately who it was.
"You really suck at hiding your spiritual pressure.", Sumiyaka said as he turned around to face this person. "But then again, you always did tend to focus more on the physical aspects of fighting instead of the spiritual."
"Sumiyaka.", said a deep voice, "Its been a long time."
"Not long enough.", Sumiyaka replied dryly. "What do you want Riku? Go away."
Riku was a former classmate of Sumiyaka's at the Shinigami Academy, as well as his exact opposite. Riku was huge, at least a foot taller than Sumiyaka, his large body covered in muscles. He was wearing traditional Shinigami garb with one exception. He chose to leave his torso open to expose his broad chest. Sumiyaka had to admit that there was a certain physical presence to him, like he took up more space than actually was.
During their time at the academy, they had numerous classes together; much to Sumiyaka's displeasure. Riku had taken notice of Sumiyaka's preference to be left alone. So naturally he sought out to bother him every chance he got. Fortunately Sumiyaka was very good at eluding him, and since graduation from the academy he never saw Riku again. Untill now.
"Can't a man catch up with an old friend?"
"We're not friends. And I see your calling yourself a man now, how comedic."
"Ouch. You don't pull any punches do you?"
"And you can't take a hint." Sumiyaka was growing impatient. He wanted nothing more for Riku to leave so he could continue his night time stroll. However, Sumiyaka maintained his calm demeanor.
"Come now, why so harsh?" In a step of Shunpo Riku appeared to the left of Sumiyaka, facing the opposite direction. "Can't we just get along? We could be buddies. What do ya say Sumi? As he spoke he put his left hand on Sumiyaka's shoulder.
Sumiyaka hated to be touched by another person, and the only thing that upset him more was being called Sumi. Now thoroughly pissed, and wanting to get back to his stroll, he decided upon an appropriate response. He calmly extended his left hand untill his palm was just a few inches from Riku's side.
" Hadō Number One: Shō"
A small blast of spiritual pressure flew from his hand and collided into Riku's side, sending him sprawling through the air and landing on his back five feet from Sumiyaka. In a quick burst of Shunpo, Sumiyaka was kneeling before him. "Two things.", he said calmly, "One, don't ever touch me. And two, no one but my Zanpakuto may call me Sumi." Then, in another burst of Shunpo, he flashed out of sight. Eager to get back to his stroll; leaving Riku looking partly dumbfounded and upset.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them?Yes
- Have you read through the Shinigami Application Guide?Yes
- How many Characters do you currently posses?Canon - 0
Original - 0
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Rebel Raven
Tier Level: Middle Level Average