Vizard - Ai Kyouraku - [S-1] May 15, 2012 6:42:19 GMT -5
Post by Ai on May 15, 2012 6:42:19 GMT -5
Name: Ai Kyouraku
Actual Age: 429
Appearing Age: 20s~
Regardless of how many centuries she has lived, she looks like a girl simply in her lower twenties. With a fair complexion, dark eyes, very long silky black hair tied back into a pony-tail. Her stature is a simple five foot two inches tall. She is dressed somewhat in the style of a samurai, though incredibly haphazard and unrefined and disorderly. Hanging off of the overlapping belts holding up her dark red hakama is her old 8th Division Captain's haori (she wears no gi) that to say the least is very worn, torn and tattered. Traditional undergarment white clothe wraps cover her chest and upper mid-driff. On her hands up to the shoulders are part of clothe kendo-style red fingerless clothe gauntlets with white wraps, and on the back of left hand is a diamond shaped light bluish-violet clothe pad with the Kyouraku family emblem sewn in black on the back of it. Lastly, around her neck is a black silk ribbon choker.
Note: Her attire changes only when she enters Seireitei, albeit when outside of the spirit city, they revert back to her what she is commonly known for wearing. When entering Seireitei, her clothes change to the traditional Shinigami uniform, though with the gi completely undone. The dark red sleeves on her arms now turn white, while the clothe gauntlets also white--the Kyouraku family symbol sewn on them turn violet. The old worn, torn, and tattered haori hangs uselessly off waist and remains just that way, serving only as a symbol of what she once was and is no longer.
At one time she was highly regarded as being very diligent, orderly, stern, and well disciplined - the epitome of what is the utter polar opposite of what she is now. These days she is simply flippant and lackadaisical, untidy as her appearance would suggest, even apparently cold-heartedly taking on a stoic stance of "neutrality" out of a seemingly uncaring disposition toward unfolding events. Although, seldom are people so generic and one-dimensional, for deep down the genuine noble and kind heart she seemed to had lost still manages to bubble up when the situation permits it. There is far more to her mantra of avoidance and keeping a balanced view, at times it seems even a little fearful. If she was truly uncaring about such unfolding events, would she really keep training so hard for as long as she has and does - since exiling herself from the Soul Society? Not likely.
After having once again disappeared from sight in a self-imposed exile. With all that has transpired--what she had lost--what was done to her, for a span of time only having fractured memories--it eroded away at her. But, always was there someone to back her--give her strength, support. The crimson haired captain of 5th Squad was there for her. While the memories were not there when she wanted or needed them to be, she always felt something for her, and always was wished to do whatever she could for her. She knew it was love, even though for a time--her memories of the scarlet haired girl was not always there to recollect the events that forged that bond. Still she knew it when she felt, even if she could not articulate it.
Disappearing for a time proves to be compulsory for her when problems arise, especially when they are of the metaphysical nature within her. The recollection of her sisters death because she was too weak to contain the monster within has always been a source of shame to her. When she felt the monster making its resurgence within her making its come back. This time she was determined to subdue the beast or die trying--alone. The idea of another that she loves sacrificing themselves for her again terrifies her to no degree. Thus, when the prospect of it getting out of control erupts, the only thing she could think to do was separate herself from who she loves, so she may bring them no harm.
This time she was, though, she was gone for longer than she was the last time. She took more time face her literal inner demon, face it until she could keep it truly underfoot with the strength of her own will alone. That quest changed her in a way, made her more confident and decisive. She gained a level of acceptance that she will always be in a struggle with the monster within, and by proxy obtained a willful determination to meet every challenge it brings head on. The confidence she gained from that pilgrimage of inward conflict proved invaluable to her.
((In next post. Too long to fit.))
- Swordsmanship- Advanced
- Kidô- Intermediate
- Hohô - Advanced
- Hand to Hand - Beginner
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
Name: Higure Tsukikage
Translation - Twilight's Moonlight
Looks like an ordinary zatoichi cane sword (100cm). The wooden sheath and hilt are both black, and the blade itself looks like a simple katana blade no different from any other ordinary katana. ((Clicky for reference))
Appears as a young, very thin set girl with wild long dark hair. Her bright red eyes with her dark hair contrasts with her pale complexion. She is lovely, feminine little thing in appearance with a pair of great black angelic wings on her back.
Kaizen in reality is a nasty little cuss. She adores head-games and chaotic events of unrelenting catastrophe often amuses her. While angelic in a certain regard do to having a very sprightly manner to her, she is a spirit of darkness. A being of twilight will only know night and darkness, and her very persona often reflects that to blatant degrees.
Relationship to Master
Seemingly sweet and innocent in tone and appearance, she is instead a bit of a disturbing creature. Though wise with her advice to Ai, she often seems to like to bother Ai by pulling and tugging events of Ai's past that she would prefer to keep in the past, and does this often out of a desire to attempt to shatter Ai to her core. She often seems to have intimate knowledge of Ai's Inner Hollow as well. Though that may not be so strange considering, they are all apart of the same being, Ai herself.
When appearing within Ai's mind in the form of visions, the scenery she appears in is always a placid lake surrounded by beautiful lush greenery and bamboo trees. The sky is a clear starry twilight with a grand, brilliant moon looming just over the distant mountainous horizon. The young girl is always walking on the water or sitting on it as though it were as solid ground as sand as she speaks with Ai.
Name: "The Desolation"
At one time it possessed a formless shadowy entity, but as Ai has gained greater mastery over her Inner-Hollow, of its own accord it has taken on a new form. That new form being of Ai herself. While still a genderless being, it takes the form of Ai quite exceptionally, though this is unsurprising given it is an aspect of Ai's very own soul. Though the difference to Ai herself is the form of her it takes on is as if all color and life has been drained away from her leaving behind only the emptiness of black and white shades.
Ai's Zanpokuto spirit calls it "the Desolation", she tells Ai that what it is, is a variant of a Soul of Desolation - an evil Hollow spirit that feeds off of the dregs of ruin caused by either it or other Hollows. Within Ai it is more presence than personality. It is a manifested existence that is the very representation of her most inner darkness that its sole desire and ambition is to claw its way out of her flesh to unleash any form of torment it can. Ai has never really bothered to analyze more about its personality or being beyond that simplistic understanding.
Relationship to Master
Always does it try to take over, and always does Ai manage to suppress it back down within the depths of her soul, if only narrowly at times. Though the moments when Ai lets down her guard, it does not hesitate to try to corrupt her being. Powerful images of vile and deprived wanton slaughter and destruction it floods within her mind and spirit to the point it feels as though she is suffering a life time of such horrible acts of destruction within the blink of an eye, and the second she cries out in agony from the imagery - she hears its cold, raspy, ghostly laughter echoing throughout her mind. At which point she has been, if only narrowly, able to push it back deep within her. Yet, contradictorily in a way, she oddly seems to have a strong affinity, and even empathizing point of view for her Inner Hollow.
At one time the creature was a source of dread for her. Her constant struggles within in the past, and a times even nearly losing to it caused her much anxiety. However, the days of her doing her best to outright avoid a confrontation with the monster has ended. Now she is often more than willing to face her Inner-Hollow with a great will that has never had before. Today that gives the beast within some pause, but not enough to ever make it give up. Their struggle is eternal, and while Ai may find herself a bit chaotic enough in spirit to understand the plight of Hollows', that does not mean she is willing to give up her soul to the one that manifested from within herself and her own inner-darkness.
Mask Appearance and Summoning
Her Hollow Mask essentially looks like a faceless Noh mask with pair of parallel violet slash like marks at the far corner of both its narrow eyes. The whites of her eyes turn black and her pupils deform while turning into a monstrous dark red hue. With her decent amount of stamina she can maintain her mask for a good spell of time, augmenting her abilities significantly like any other Hollow Mask. Though she trains with it, she has never brought it out in an actual fight, more accurately she has never been forced to. In fact, no one actually knows she is truly a Vizard, solely giving the impression that she is a shinigami living in exile. An image and impression she prefers to keep. ((Clicky for partial reference (Did not draw the pic)))
Horizonte Eventos Cero
- Description of Attack - Since her more thoroughly gaining mastery over her Inner-Hollow, the power of the cero she could produce has substantially increased. Through her numerous battles within herself with her Inner-Hollow she has gained a greater clarity for how to use its own power. They are essentially the very polar opposite of her own Shinigami powers. Her Shinigami powers are essentially generating, radiating, and/or releasing light energy. Whereas her Inner-Hollow's powers are entirely centered around draining away and sucking out the light to create darkness. Perhaps explaining why it took so long for Ai to truly understand them.
Thereby explaining how her cero currently operates when drawing upon her Hollow reiatsu. In the past, her cero was created in much the same means she used to generate her light energy attacks. Now she does it in the indentical method that her Inner-Hollow does making for a much stronger cero. Cast in the same method as she did in the past, but now not simply generating energy--she simultaneously draws it away out of the very light in the area she is in itself. By doing so she darkens the air and sky around her. It appears as though she is carving a circle of darkness--spliting open the atmosphere before her into a void.
By way of technically, creating a void is what she is doing. By drawing light energy as matter out of the atmosphere--carving it into a swirling perfect circle, she essentially is warping space and time in much the same way a Gran Rey Cero does; but in a method that simulates an event horizon. Naturally, it only simulates such a thing and does not actually create one, because it is not nearly on the same level or even scale as one. But once the circle is completed that she carves into the atmosphere in front of her--the cero takes the form of a perfect black sphere radiating a small, faint violet light representing the light energy being--in a way--vampirically drained away from the atmosphere to feed its swirling mass of darkness.
Just like in the past with her, stabbing the encircled mass at its core with her blade fires it. It launches as a swirling sphere of pitch black darkness condensing and imploding into on itself. Upon striking its target, or really anything solid (should it misfire), or even reach a point it can no longer maintain its form--it first implodes sucking in as much surrounding matter it can into its core; and then in blink the matter is released in a gargantuan explosion of dark energy as it releases all of that light energy it had sucked out of the atmosphere as matter. The power of this cero is extraordinary and equally so is the devastation it can leave behind as it matches the strength of a Gran Rey Cero.
- Limitation - Its flaw is the same as Ai's cero always had been. To create such a thing takes time, its formation is slow and ponderous, which leaves her wide open for grievous attack as she generates the power needed to summon it. However, naturally, because of the greater power this cero has--to create it is vastly more taxing and exhausts her greatly. Half of her mask crumbles away upon unleashing the thing. Thus her cero is still something she only uses very, very sparingly.
Call Out Phrase: Tenshi Higure. Awaken.
Translation - Angel of Twilight. Awaken.
Upon Ai uttering those three words, the blade transforms into a massive nodachi sword with an elegantly woven red and light bluish-violet cloth (matching her left gauntlet) hilt with a white stone hand-guard in the shape of a perfect circle plate. Then blade itself takes on a fine mirror shine all along its immense length (155cm). ((Essentially it is the sword in the pic for Ai's appearance.))
Wangestu Tsukikage (Crescent Moonlight)
- Description of Attack - It is a type of slash meant to slice right through an opponents defense, while it may not slice through every defense (equal strength or greater) it is still a strong attack. It is based off of Ai's techniques of striking with precision, in this instance in the form of a slash. The mirror shine of the blade simply absorbs and/or refracts light into it. Then a swift horizontal or vertical cross-slash in the air a trail of light follows the blade forming a crescent moon like shape launching from the blade, and cleanly slicing seemingly anything in its pathway.
- Type - Light Energy
- Range - 20 meters
- Limitation - While the energy of the cresent shaped light is very sharp, and thus has strong cutting power, the energy itself is very weak as not much is put into it. Thus can be dispersed easily by an opposing strike of equal strength or greater. To do the attack it also requires enough light to be condensed and refracted into the blade so the light can be absorbed into it, thus causes it to take a bit of time to accomplish (a second or two).
- Description of Attack - To accomplish this Ai uses her reiastu to control whatever light is reflected off of the blade to refract as well, and increase the size of the light both reflecting and refracting into it. She then imbues her reiryoku and reiastu into the blade increasing and intensifying the light to even greater extents. It forms an immense spherical barrier of light around her temporarily, or until she decides to drop it before that time. The light barrier does little more than conceal precisely where she is the light is so blinding it is impossible to see her within it, while she herself is immune to the blinding effect of her own light barrier. It can serve as source of light for her to accomplish Crescent Moonlight easily so long as the barrier is up.
- Type - Light
- Range - 10 meters radius
- Limitation - It does not protect her from being hit from attacks. It only generates a whole hell of a lot of light.
Higure Ue-bu (Twilight Wave)
- Description of Attack - With a slashing strike on or at her target she launches a wave of cyan light energy. The strength of which is dependent upon how much reiatsu she imbues into the attack. The attack itself while a brilliant light energy itself wildly trashes about like a massive chaotic ocean wave.
- Type - Light Energy
- Range - 40 meters.
- Limitation - The more reiastu she puts into it the greater the toll the attack takes on her. Using the attack too often can drain her quickly.
Name: Ai, Tenshi Higure
Translation - Ai, Angel of Twilight
Without Mask: The blade of her sword and even her clothes dissolve turning into a bright pale cyan light that covers her entire body ((Clicky for partial reference)), so she appears as a silhouette of cyan light, though still has physical form underneath. A pair of what looks like luminescent violet wings of pure light sprout from her upper back, though they seem to be more just form than function as it looks more like reiastu aura in the form of wings rather than actually being such. Though 'mysteriously', her eyes are what they look like when she is wearing her Hollow Mask, when she takes on her Bankai form. The hilt of her sword turns into a fiery black light, and the hilt sprouts a new blade - a fiery bright white blade of light the length of a common katana (100cm).
Ai becomes her zanpakuto, Kaizen, so to speak. More accurately she inherits Keizen's true form. Her sword itself possesses the same cutting properties as her Shikai's Crescent Moonlight effect within its normal slashing attacks, but also within its thrust attacks as well. Nor does it need to absorb and refract light to accomplish Crescent Moonlight (or Radiance for that matter) should she wish to utilize a more ranged oriented attack, and manages to do either at a greater increase of what her Zanpakuto's Shikai form can normally do.-----
With Mask: The cyan light that covers her entire body turns black, transforming her into a silhouette of darkness. The brilliant reiatsu wings of violet light converts into ghostly, wispy tendrils of dark reiatsu she manipulate and recede into her upper back. The white blade of fiery light energy changes its hue into a more malevolent violet shade.
The eerie thing about Ai's Bankai is the fact it is not a normal Bankai largely in part of her suffering under the dormant effects of Hollowification before she achieved it, her Bankai winds up working similarly to an Arrancar's Resurreccion. This also has a peculiar effect when wearing her mask while in her Bankai's form as described in her Bankai's description. But it also has a peculiar effect of altering her abilities, such as her Shikai abilities - the light energy is no longer cyan but rather violet in hue. The greatest effect it has is she no longer has access to her normal Bankai abilities but rather twisted variations of them.
Higure Tengai (Twilight Horizon) (Without Mask)
- Description of Attack - While this attack is very powerful, but like her Cero it takes time for her to release it. Ai holds out her blade in her right hand parallel to the ground pointing out to her far right as she simultaneously imbues her reiryoku and reiastu into the blade building up its spiritual energy. Once the blade is thick with a pulsing bright violet light she makes a horizontal cross slash sending a massively wide energy wave rolling outward with tremendous power looking much like a giant ocean wave of brilliant cyan light energy.
- Type - Light Energy
- Range - 100~ meters
- Limitation - The problem is that because it takes time (a few seconds), it can possibly be interrupted, and when interrupted she is forced to start over from scratch to accomplish the attack. On top of which, it is a very powerful attack and consumes much reiastu, and is thus something used sparingly.
Suta-raito, Suta-akaaka (Starlight, Star-bright) (Without Mask)
- Description of Attack - In some ways this appears as Radiance, but it is far from. It is her strongest attack and burns much of her reiatsu. Ai curls up into a ball hovering in the air as blinding cyan light radiates from her body continually expanding outward until in a flash all of the light radiating from her condenses back into Ai herself for a blink of an eye before exploding in a gargantuan burst of luminescent cyan light energy potentially causing daunting amounts of destruction.
- Type - Light Energy
- Range - 100 meter diameter
- Limitation - It is severely costly to her reiastu, and thus exhausts greatly, naturally leaving her extremely winded and struggling to maintain her Bankai even. While those of equal strength may find themselves badly injured by it if they are unable to get outside of its diameter; those higher in tier can prove more resilient to it, especially the stronger they are. Furthermore it is not something she can do consecutively, or at least--do so and hope to remain conscious after doing it a second time.
Akunen (Spite) (With Mask)
- Description of Attack - This takes the place of Twilight Horizon and even functions identically. For the most part they seem same in appearance, the difference being the light energy changing from cyan to violet in color. However, because it is unleashed via both the power of her Bankai and Hollow mask, the power behind it is naturally a bit stronger than its maskless counterpart.
- Type - Light Energy
- Range - 100~ meters
- Limitation - Doing this attack too often deminishes the span Ai can maintain her wearing her Hollow mask as well as can quickly deplete her reiastu; while also possessing all the same limitations as Higure Tengai (Twilight Horizon).
Shukusatsu Tacchi (Blight's Touch) (With Mask)
- Description of Attack - This available only because of her mask's effect converting her reiatsu aura wings into tendrils. The tendrils strike exactly as the Hollow that corrupted Ai's reiatsu so many years ago leading to her becoming a Vizard. While the attack lacks that Hollow's same effect, it does have the same slicing capabilities. Three pairs of tendrils suddenly lash out at the target, the tips of the tendrils like blades attempting to slice their target. The tendrils seem to have the same passive armor sundering effect that Ai's Shikai ability Crescent Wave does.
- Type - Dark Energy
- Range - 10 meters
- Limitation - It is only available when wearing her mask, making their usage only available for a limited amount of time. While at the same time they are not very swift, and thus can be dodged simply enough for the adroit of equal strength (i.e. those of equal tier with intermediate speed or higher).
Araarashii Tenshi (Desolation Angel) (With Mask)
- Description of Attack - This takes the place of "Star-light, Star-bright", it an expression of raw power. Within the same radius as "Star-light, Star-bright", Ai with her dual reiatsu channels and condenses it in a large area around her - making it so thick, dense and heavy that begins crushing and destroying objects within its radius. Which potentially includes those who are caught within it if they are not strong enough to resist its strength.
- Type - Raw Reiastu
- Range - 100 meter diameter
- Limitation - The expenditure of the amount of reiastu she uses, it leaves Ai exhausted it causes half of her mask to crumble away. Those of equal strength may find it difficult to even stand without expending large amounts of their own power. Albeit, this becomes far less and less difficult the stronger the opponent is. As this takes a few seconds for Ai to unleash, those who are of lower tier who fail to take the opportunity to escape its diameter, may find themselves crushed under its weight, those quite a few tiers lower may even risk fractured bones.
A deep inhale and exhale as she looked on ahead to the horizon from the high cliff she stood upon. From her vantage point Seireitei was plain in sight in the bright blue cloudless sky. below her was the forests of the Shinigami realm that separated her from where she stood and the city itself. There was a trepidation at first. Despite her new found inner-strength, she had an apprehension about returning to Seireitei even though it was what she knew she wanted.
Her hesitation was not the Shinigami, they were the least of her concerns to her, no matter how they would choose to view her. No, what she was fearing was the reaction from one particular member of the Gotei 13--a captain more specifically. If she were still there, how would she receive her? Anger? Hatred? Vanishing as she did and suddenly coming back, especially after the events that lead to her last disappearance--none of that could be easy. Ai herself recognized that were the roles switched, she would be furious and hurt.
But... nevertheless... Ai pushed herself forward venturing back to Seireitei to meet head on whatever maybe thrown at her. Most of all to face the one she loved most--in truth that was her primary, and perhaps even sole reason for returning back to Seireitei. That was home to her, not the place, but the person she was both eager and hesitant to see again there.
It was all completely different for her than it was the last time she returned to Seireitei. She did not know what she was doing the last time. All she was doing then was turning to what was familiar to from fragmented memories. It is different now--this is conscious choice fully aware of what lies ahead, and understanding the full gravity of the situation she was walking into. The scutiny and distrust for who is and was, and what she had done in past events. There were no excuses to give, and Ai did not feel a necessity to give any, but rather simply accept responsibility for her own actions.
Albeit that was all nothing in comparison to what she felt for the real reason for her deciding to return. The sole source of her trepidation and concern being the reaction of the one who means most to her... the crimson haired captain of 5th squad.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Vizard Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
Canon - 0
Original - 5
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Sam
Tier Level: Master Level Weak
Upgrade: Number 2?