Arrancar - Pequillo Gordon - [A-1] Apr 23, 2015 19:19:51 GMT -5
Post by Wicked on Apr 23, 2015 19:19:51 GMT -5
Name: Pequillo Gordon
Actual Age: 419
Appearing Age: Early 40's
A thin, overall unimposing man. Pequillo seems almost ordinary, save for the quarter-sized hollow hole in his tongue and the bony mask running from his ears to his chin, like a hard, calcite beard. Pequillo's eyes are a yellowish brown, and his hair is thick and black. Most often he prefers to tie his hair back, and keep it out of the way and - most importantly - out of his food. His teeth are a little crooked and a little yellow, and his skin has turned leathery with age. Pequillo's skin is a mild, ruddy brown.
His hair is just long enough to be tied back, and often covered with a simple white cap. On his left wrist, he has burned away his old Espada tattoo, and branded a pattern of peppers and leaves instead. This is not usually visible, as he wears a white, long-sleeved coat over his uniform. He's quite at home in chef's attire, and wears a double-breasted coat, a toque, and hard white leather boots.
Pequillo carries several knives in addition to his zanpakuto: a paring knife, a chef's knife, and a bread knife. He uses these for cooking, but from time to time he will threaten people with a knife other than his zanpakuto. They all have oaken handles, and are tucked neatly into a three-holed "sheathe" more closely resembling a knife stand in a kitchen. He hangs his zanpakuto on his right hip, but his others on his left.
Super chill until he decides that you're what's for dinner. Then he wants you to lay down and die quietly so he can start the marinade.
Pequillo is a laid-back fellow, slow to anger and slower to action. Pequillo prefers to listen rather than speak, and to observe rather than act. He seems to be a very slow-moving, mellow man, which is what makes it all the more jarring when he finally draws steel and gets ready for a fight. He seems calm, affable, and friendly, and in many ways he does take life just a step at a time, savoring it to the fullest. He takes joy in very mundane experiences, be they chats with a colleague or a supply run. He's not careless, and in fact he's quite meticulous when he has a set task in mind. He doesn't always know what he wants going in to a new situation, finding out only once he's neck deep. He takes criticism well, and usually laughs off insult to his person, though insults to his cooking are taken more to heart (what remains of it).
With the exception of cooking, he doesn't seem to care much about anything. He didn't keep fraccionnes when he was an Espada, and he didn't fight any shinigami during the invasion or the war. He doesn't much care for violence or struggle, but when it gets down to it he's downright vicious. Once he's decided that something, or someone, belongs on his plate, he will continue going after them until he's either lost his appetite or realized he won't be making a meal out of his opponent. Regular hollow are fair game, souls are fair game, and weaker shinigami and arrancar are not ruled out as a potential meal. He's always wanted to try Quincy, and he's never eaten a vizard before, so the prospect seems enticing to him.
It's easy enough to get on Pequillo's good side. Bringing him a few favored ingredients, either from Soul Society, Hueco Mundo, or the world of the living, will get his attention, and his gratitude. He's capable of genuine warmth and affection, but for the most part seems not to care about anyone who he isn't currently serving. This isn't entirely true, he does care very much about people if he's to cook for them, and he is an excellent chef. He's been known to design elaborate, multi-course meals for the Espada, both his own group and the groups after. Of course, anyone who brings Pequillo a live morsel is sure to be treated to an exquisite meal.
Pequillo doesn't like it when his food fights back, and will not only threaten his prey with pain, but will become increasingly aggressive and volatile. His usual calm is barely extended to those he views as prey, be they human, shinigami, or even other arrancar. He'll be affable, pleasant, and inviting, but it's all with a very clear, venomous intent. What he wants for dinner, he'll do almost anything to get. This isn't to imply that Pequillo only eats those with spiritual power, because he also eats mundane pork, chicken, vegetables, as well as various 'ingredients' he finds throughout Hueco Mundo.
Food is not the only thing on Pequillo's mind. He's fond of visual arts, and from time to time will trek to the human world just to sneak into a movie, or watch a famed human chef at work. He likes the process of travel, of moving slowly and meeting new people with whom he might someday dine. On whom he might someday dine. He likes to stop and smell the roses, before sprinkling them over a salad for garnish.
A loyal man, Pequillo will not turn on his superiors, but his underlings are another story. Those weaker, and not under the direct protection of an Espada or other powerful arrancar, would be advised to steer clear. It's difficult to predict when Pequillo will draw the line between friend and food, although he doesn't generally try to eat his equals. He's also not completely ruthless, sometimes taking pity on a weakened prey and leaving them be, even helping them to recover or putting them in a position to receive help elsewhere. Generally, he doesn't like to fight at all, not one for playing with his food, but prey does not like to die knowing it will wind up in his belly. Sometimes he'll leave his prey if he finds they have close friends to stand for them, although if they scatter he'll stop to taunt his prey. He isn't immune to pity and sentimentality, but his empathy is very selective.
In short, though Pequillo is an affable, sometimes charming man who's quick to offer a meal, like sausage one does not need or want to know where it comes from.
Assuming that Pequillo was a cannibal in life is not unlikely. Whatever happened in his old life, it is so far in the past that not a trace remains, just the sensation of human blood on his lips the instant before he was run through. In his time as a hollow, he terrorized humans, causing massive damage to buildings and streets and tearing down the homes of people who may have once wronged him. It was all very petty, something he did not consider until he began to encounter other hollows, realizing that he had never tried to eat something so powerful and sinking his teeth in.
His hunger and ego was great, and he was more than willing to devour lesser and equal hollow not just to gain strength but to satisfy his monstrous urge to feed. He ate quite a few hollow, some of whom he might have even called comrades at once. A few of his former comrades were able to escape, and become arrancar themselves, although he never acknowledged their falling out as more than a petty squabble. Though one of his former comrades, an arrancar once known as Lunarjack, spent several weeks hunting him down, Gordon had evolved to an adjuchas whereas Lunarjack underwent shinigamification as a gillian. They were nearly on equal terms, although Pequillo found himself somewhat overwhelmed by his former comrade's new abilities. A special water cero doused his own firey abilities, and he found himself half dead by the time Lunarjack made a mistake and left himself open for attack.
Pequillo found himself too curious to simply kill his former comrade, and allowed him to return to Las Noches before killing him in a sneak attack. Whereas some might have taken revenge on Pequillo, Lord Aizen seemed to respect that kind of cunning, and like many arrancar Pequillo was granted shinigami powers, a zanpakuto, and a new name.
In Las Noches, Pequillo was powerful enough to become part of the earlier Espada. He was granted several fraccionnes, and a castle to himself, where he was quick to demand ingredients and tools to form a kitchen so he could sate a new kind of appetite. He was not as voracious as he had been before, but his underlings found themselves leered at like meals. Right up until Pequillo chopped off a limb, blasted their heads off, and stripped the meat from them to serve as dinner. This was not well-received by other arrancar, and he was reprimanded by his fellows for cutting into Aizen's forces. Rather than agree to make an adjustment, he allowed himself to be stripped of rank.
He gained a moderate reputation as being insane, as being a threat to lesser arrancar, and new numeros were sometimes advised in the days following his resignation to avoid him, as he might see them as prey. This didn't bother Pequillo at the time, as all he cared about was procuring new ingredients, creating new food, and sharing his findings with all of Las Noches. He promptly declared himself the castle cook, whether anyone wanted him to or not. As his dishes consisted of hollow, souls, and possibly a few other numeros who seemed to mysteriously vanish, many arrancar were weary to eat anything he made. After a time, he faded more into obscurity, and questions as to where Las Noches gets its food became scarcer and scarcer, until they blinked out of existence.
That is not to say that Pequillo was completely idle when not cooking. He made plenty of excursions to the World of the Living to discretely gather ingredients, sometimes snagging a few numeros to use as pack mules. In one such excursion, in the week or so preceding the Winter War, he was confronted by a patrolling shinigami named Shikako. He was able to subdue her, and rather than kill her outright he dragged her back to Hueco Mundo with every intention to skin her and cook her.
Not keen on being made dinner, Shikako pleaded for her release, promising that she would not report to her superiors of his existence, and otherwise begging for mercy. The idea that his prey might be frightened had certainly occurred to Pequillo, but he had often ignored those silly pangs of empathy. Shikako's desperation triggered a spark of pity in him, and he reluctantly knocked her out and dragged her out into the sands of Hueco Mundo, where she would either die or escape. This was hardly a mercy, but compared to being flayed alive it offered her some chance at survival.
These days, Pequillo still cooks for Las Noches. It's best not to ask where the food comes from.
- Swordsmanship- Advanced
- Cero - Intermediate
- Sonído - Advanced
- Hand to Hand - Beginner
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Intermediate
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
- Cero - A red cero, fired off the tip of his forefinger, blown like a spark to charge.
- Description of Attack - Pequillo's hierro is quite malleable, and he is able to cause it to stretch over a reishi-filled object he might be carrying. With his zanpakuto, he often extends his hierro over the hole in his cleaver. But more than that, Pequillo uses this to make otherwise non-living blades more feasible in a fight and with stubborn prey in his kitchen. Though Pequillo's zanpakuto is only a single cleaver, he carries several other knives along with him. They are composed of reishi, and though they are not alive nor as sturdy as his zanpakuto, he's able to fill them with reiatsu when he wants a different kind of damage to be done.
He carried a serrated bread knife, measuring 10 usable inches. This he uses for sawing through hollow, usually once he has already incapacitated them.
Pequillo also carries a 12 inch chef's knife. When used with enough force, he can use this to separate the joints of an intended meal. He also uses it to cut vegetables, but he doesn't need to fill it with reishi to do that. Occasionally he also uses it to serve small quantities of food.
Finally, there is Pequillo's paring knife, a sharp, three inch knife usually used to trim fat from meat or skin fish. He uses this to skin whatever he intends to eat.
- Type - Modified Hierro
- Range - Self
- Limitation - Pequillo's knives do not stand up to most zanpakuto for extended periods of time. Much weaker arrancar and shinigami may find themselves buckling under the knives, but those close in strength will be able to wear them down. Pequillo must be holding the knives in order to bolster them. Generally they cannot stand up to kido or cero, unless Pequillo's power far surpasses that of his opponent (two stages or more). Pequillo's own zanpakuto does not become sharper, although he can create a sharp film around the dull edges.
This is not viable for long periods of time, or for very stressful fights, as Pequillo must continually pump energy into his knives in order to keep them near the strength of his zanpakuto. He cannot maintain their energy from a distance, and so once he drops them they are only slightly stronger than regular cooking utensils. These are most often used in the safety of his own kitchen.
- Description of Attack - Pequillo has an uncanny sense of taste and smell, enhanced hugely by his reiatsu. It's rather hard to sneak drugs by him, making him a surprisingly good person to have around when fearing assassination attempts, and it's quite difficult to sneak up on him if not prepared to be sniffed out.
- Type - Passive
- Range - 500 meters
- Limitation - It's possible to disrupt his senses by wearing him down and forcing him to exert a lot of reiatsu. Strong scents he can smell from very far away, but certain odorless and tasteless compounds exist that his enhanced senses will not pick up on. It's also possible to mask weak scents in very strong scents, so someone who does not want to be recognized by their reiatsu signature might douse themselves in a heavy cologne. Similarly, some compounds can be administered that limit or disable the sense of smell, and a savvy individual might find a way to administer this discretely.
Pequillo has this instead of Pequisa, and seems to have limited reiatsu-sensing capabilities in turn.
Name: Macheta Asado
Translation - Roast Knife
Call Out Phrase: Smoke them, Macheta Asado
A large butcher's knife with a hole through the very center.
Macheta Asado is an overly-large butcher's knife, with a length of just under four feet and a width of two and a half feet. It is a thick, steely blade with a very mild shine. The blade has a fist-sized hole through the center, just big enough for Pequillo's hand to fit through. It is a relatively safe place to catch the sword if one is disarmed, although "Chop Chop" can turn it sharp.
Pequillo, as a hollow, had a very large mouth, but His resurreccion leaves him surprisingly human. His mask is extended several inches from his face, and he gains a row of eerily straight teeth jutting up from the mask. One can see faint scarring on his chin and cheeks during his resurreccion. His hair remains the same, although around the roots his scalp glows faintly red. His hands grow quite large, quadrupling in size, and along his arms, legs, and feet he gains a thick black shell with faint spines. As the fight rages on, the will start to glow bright red like hot coal. His spine gains a very sharp hunch, and similar black spines will tear through his uniform. From his elbows grow a pair of white blades, like chef's knives, which extend two feet past his fingertips. They grow out to about four inches from his arms, and are two feet wide at the thickest point and taper into a tip at at the far end of the blade. The area just at his elbow is flat and blunt. His uniform is often damaged greatly by his transformation, and so he usually strips off his coat and hat. Two red spots appear on his cheeks in this form, and they will grow more brightly as his temperature increases.
Though Pequillo gains a shell, it doesn't offer much more protection than hierro, aside from growing very hot to the touch.
- Description of Attack - As Pequillo fights, his body temperature will rise, causing his body to become hot to the touch. This affects his blades and his body, and the longer the fight goes, the hotter he gets. Eventually he tapers off at 675*F, at which point he radiates smoke and glows faintly red. This is an effect of his own exertion, and of his enemies' exertion, and so fights with mostly speaking and little actual fighting do not result in huge temperature gains. As far as offensive capabilities go, he can leave a nasty burn on those who get too close, and cause clothes to singe and catch light.
The smoke can sometimes cause a distraction, or in close-quarters disrupt an opponents' breath, but it is mundane and easily dispersed.
Pequillo can, in line with this technique, withstand his own heat, and garners moderate resistance to fire type attacks in exchange for a moderate weakness to water type attacks. Strong ice-type attacks will cause damage, but weaker ice type attacks will be diminished.
- Type - Passive, defensive
- Range - Self
- Limitation - Higher tiers are often more resistant to his heat, and may experience reduced damage or very minor damage, with full tiers above being able to ignore it entirely. Because this is a function of Pequillo's own exertion, by the time he reaches 675 he is often very tired himself. Water or ice will cool him down, and the steam may even injure him if the power behind the attack is great. It can take anywhere from forty seconds to three minutes for him to reach this stage, assuming the fight never stops. Generally, if he reaches such a high temperature very quickly, he is overexerting himself and will not be able to last much longer. If the fight drags on for a very long time, he is slowly draining his energy and often losing speed.
This effectively provides a timer of how long Pequillo can last, giving him a max fighting time of five minutes before his zanpakuto seals.
- Description of Attack - When his temperature reaches 400 *F, Pequillo can slash his own arms and release internal body heat in a wide, spherical burst of flame and energy which will blast back opponents and cause burning damage. In doing so, he reduces his body temperature to a much lower 150* F, but does not buy himself more time in resurreccion. This is a very quick burst of energy, but takes five seconds to charge. The blast is emitted as a pulse, and takes one and a half seconds to cross from the closest area (his body) to the furthest. At the edges of the blast, and following the pulse itself, comes an aftershock of heat.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 4 meter radius for blast, 4.5 meters for heat. Attack itself is about a meter and a half wide in all directions, with a half meter buffer zone which remains extremely hot on either side.
- Limitation - This cuts into his reiatsu much more quickly than Hot Knife, and takes a good sixth of his energy out of commission. By the time he is able to use it, he is often down to about two thirds of his energy, meaning he can only really use this three times before his zanpakuto seals. This also reduces the max temperature he can achieve, and so he considers this a form of 'cashing out' or a last-ditch effort to harm his opponent before he runs out of energy. It can be blocked by shielding attacks, although one would want to be weary of fringe damage. Water attacks can disrupt the damage, and the ensuing steam can damage Pequillo and his enemies alike if they are of equal strength, although higher tiers are often able to either reduce or ignore the damage.
Higher tiers can often resist the damage from the attack, whereas lower tiers would be best off dodging or using kido. This attack is not meant to kill, but to stun and incapacitate an opponent so he can finish the job with his blades. At its strongest, and against weaker tiers, it can cause massive burning, but against equal tiers it most often causes painful flesh wounds, sometimes damaging the eyes.
The kitchens of Las Noches were immaculate, for Pequillo refused to run a chop-shop for the soul purpose of getting "grub" down the throats of the unappreciative masses. No one seemed to care where the food came from, and only a few who cared seemed to know. As hurtful as it was to be ignored, Pequillo had no desire to quit, to surrender, or to otherwise stop skinning his current quarry, a very large, pig-like hollow. It had screamed at first, until Pequillo slit its throat and let the blood drain.
Meat was the messiest part, and Pequillo was sure not to let the blood contaminate the rest of his kitchen. When he skinned his prey, he did it in a different room, which was cleaned out daily by some random peons. Not his peons, since he wasn't allowed any after eating his Fraccionnes all those years ago, but some various...cleaning staff. A few of them might have ended up his kitchen, on his cutting board, if a furious, red-haired woman hadn't once almost taken his head off with a cero for going after her Fraccionnes.
She had a point, he thought as he flayed a large hunk of meat from the gut of the hollow, plopping it down onto a cutting board and making quick work of it with a chop. Then came the salt - hard to find in Hueco Mundo but abundant on Earth - which he caked the strip in. Setting that aside, he moved to other parts of the hollow, flaying legs, arms, and even removing the head for roasting at a later date.
One of these days, he would have to get his own peon for clean up. That was always the most frustrating part about his excursions - no matter how much work he put in to make a fantastic meal, someone always complained about the state of the kitchen if it wasn't absolutely spotless before serving time was upon him. How could he serve and clean at the same time?
"You there!" he shouted over his shoulder to an arrancar as they pushed a cart. "Come over here and take the bones."
"I've got other things to do," the arrancar protested, rubbing his neck.
Pequillo flashed some slightly crooked teeth, along with the hole in his tongue. "That so? Well by all means. I'd just like to have you for dinner." He paused. "At dinner. I'd like you to eat my cooking."
The arrancar was already moving a little more quickly, and Pequillo sighed, loudly, exasperated. He journeyed out into the hall, his cleaver still in hand, and shouted, "Alright! Fine! I'll even let you have some. Get back here!" No response, so he threw up his hands, never once letting go of his cleaver, and stormed back into his kitchen. "No dinner for you, you little ant!"
As usual, Pequillo had to do everything by himself.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - ALL the NPCs
- Original - ALL the OCs
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Ogihci
Tier Level: A-1
Upgrade: N/A or Number