Human - Aono Morimiya - [B-1] Jun 6, 2010 0:20:46 GMT -5
Post by Franny on Jun 6, 2010 0:20:46 GMT -5
Name: Aono Morimiya
Aono seems like your average everyday girl. She's 5 foot 5 inches and weighs at about 117 pounds. Her body is slim with a normal sized chest and fair skin. She has silvery white hair that misses her shoulders by 2 inches, and as it's parted to the middle; her bangs hang down where the middle ones are a little longer. There are longer bangs hanging down from both sides of her face, and are tied up with red string. The reason behind her silvery hair, is that she dyes it because she particularly likes that color and doesn't mind sticking out, while her normal hair is somewhat a light blonde which makes it easy her it to be dyed. Her eyes on the other hand are red and somewhat distant, always gazing towards other things.
Usually, for girls her age, they’d be found wearing a school uniform. But her? no. Aono makes herself different from the others too and doesn’t go to school at all. Instead, she roams the cities and does as she pleases. Other than not being a normal school girl, Aono can be seen wearing a long blue skirt coming up under her chest. As her top, she would wear a white long sleeve shirt with a bow right in the middle. The bottom of her normal wear would be long dark blue boots with long dark blue socks. All of it together would basically combine into brilliant layers of blue. Her appearance can seem nice, and weak, but appearances are different to how she would look in the inside.
The distant cold gaze that she gives people is somewhat a way for her to let others know how she is. She’s not used to having anyone there for her, so she expects no one and sees nothing. What she clearly sees are the ones who can’t be. Those would be the wondering souls of the world, whether they be in a good or bad form. This also places her further away from normal humanity and towards the doom that she pretty much seeks.
She trusts no one, and no one trusts her since no one talks to her. To some, she seems more like a freak that roams around. But to her, humans are just delicate creatures that have to either be protected or devoured. She learned this the hard way when she was just a little girl. That’s why she keeps her distance and tries to not make many friends.
Aono’s seriousness is always in check, and never wavers. Even is something funny were to happen right in front of her face, she would just keep a straight face. Her incapability of lighting up is what keeps her family away, even though her family shunned her from her home.
Since her leave, she took her job and her abilities very seriously, even more than before and doesn’t give second chances to those she feels don’t need it. She’s a tough person on the outside, ready to do her work, but in the inside, she suffers from all the loneliness she had gained from lack of family support and friendships. Things partly being her fault, she still keeps others away as much as she can. That way she can protect herself and anyone who has become dear to her.
Other times, on those rare occasions, people would talk to her. When they do, she sometimes doesn't know how to answer them so she just stares and ponders on why the other person is even talking. Later, when she has an answer, she would say some remark that would best get a person mad or leave crying. So to those who met her, she'd seem mean, but eventually, the more she gets used to someone, the more she'll be able to open up once again.
When it comes to the subject of Shinigami and Hollows, and how hollows eat souls while Shinigami save them, Aono takes her roll as the savior along with the Shinigami. She helps protect the souls of the dearly departed, and exterminates the wild hollows that rampage beyond control. To her, hollows are just hungry beasts that disturb any peace, so she particularly doesn’t like them at all. Shinigami on the other hand, she would get along with, but to a certain extent. She still would keep to herself and not care about what they do. So when it comes to choosing, hollows must be destroyed, and Shinigami should leave her be.
Besides her passiveness and incapability of showing many feelings to others, she has certain likings to things. For example, she likes seeing other people’s reactions even though she doesn’t show her own. This would somewhat be her way of communicating with anyone, and she does this by dyeing her hair silver, while her eyes also attract that attention. Also, even though nobody knows it, Aono likes animals, especially any canine friend. Whenever there’s one around while no one else is, she prefers to spend time with them and talk to them like as if they were a person. She may not seem like it, but she also has her favorites, but instead she likes saying that that’s what she prefers. Those would be: the colors blue and silver, paper; because you can do lots with it, cherries and strawberries; or any red fruit, and last but not least, she loves it when it’s cloudy with a high chance of a thunderstorm.
Aono Morimiya, born during a natural birth in her home (talk about an awkward start). Ever since the beginning of her life, she was always able to see and feel the spirits around her. Whether they are good or bad, she would talk to them and act the way innocent children would act. But when she got older, people started to wonder and worry on why she kept talking to herself. Not that she was talking to herself, but that she was talking to the spirits that visited her. As a child it would be an invisible friend, but her family had started thinking that she was crazy.
No one could see the world as she did. So when her parents started to freak out about her odd behavior, she stopped talking to the spirits in order to make them happy. The talking stopped for a while, maybe a couple months, but it soon started up again.
More and more spirits had started to appear to her, while odd incidents occurred around her that involved a high amount of deaths. One of those incidents was when she saw a giant black monster with a hole in it attack her house. It seemed like it was going to eat her and her family, but when she warned everyone of what she saw, they just blew it off since they thought she was crazy.
That day sure showed them. After the attack, several people had died including her mother. Her father was able to escape the attack, but that's only because he ran away and left his wife and daughter to be devoured instead. Aono had no idea what to do then, so when the attack came on, all she could do is watch her mother die. Later after all that had occurred and her father reappeared. He had kicked her out of the house calling her a demon and spreading out rumors. To think, her own father could do such a thing.
She cried a lot and tried to get help from people that she knew, even some strangers. But the news had spread and everyone that her fathers knew had spread it out even more; a daughter who killed her mother. How could they say such things? How could they accuse her and not even know the truth? This was probably how some innocent prisoners felt.
All alone, for the next few weeks after the incident, Aono lived in some nearby woods feeding off of anything that was naturally edible. This lack of nutrition at such a young age is what held her back from a good growth, but this didn't interfere with her education. Upon the leave, she had started to mainly see the souls and spirits rather other humans. So any knowledge she had gained was from them. The only lack of intelligence she had was the lack of human interaction so she would never know what to do or say around others like her. Not that they were ever like her to begin with, but they were human and Aono is still human too.
She tried to keep her distance from humanity for the next couple years. By the time she was 6 she had gained some information after seeing other people called Shinigami fight them. Since they thought that she couldn't see them, none of them knew why she would stare.
After she learned enough from the Shinigami, she eventually got herself a weapon of her own at the age of 7 to fight with, and from then on took on a role in her society by using her talents. The weapon named, Koutaiken was what Aono gained from a part of her mother’s will. According to the will, it used to belong to some distant relative that fought in some war of who knows what. When she went to attain her weapon, it was a challenge since her family didn’t want her around. So in the end, she stole it from her own house where it was hanging on the wall awaiting for her arrival. Ever since that day, no one realized what she had done; and later when they did find out, they just claimed it lost or stolen and got money for it.
More years passed as her strength grew with every hollow appearance. Now there’s a new task at hand, Vizards and Arrancars. She didn’t know these yet but has heard much about them. Also, the society of powered humans has grown, so she has made her appearance in a place called Karakura town. Her appearance there has and still is teaching her a lot about souls, and she also figured out why she was capable of seeing them.
Karakura Town Arrival
It was a cloudy and windy day of her arrival, just the kind of weather she likes. She walked out of the airport without an umbrella or any suitcases with her belonging. To tell you the truth, she basically had no belongings. Since she was kicked from her house, she went by life with nothing, so she still has nothing. But this would make someone wonder where she got her clothes or a weapon from. The thing is, after her mother's death, she had inherited all her money since the will said so. Later on, her father also died from an unknown reason. Aono thinks he died because of the return of that hollow, but she didn't really care since he was the one who shunned her out.
The park is where she stayed in Karakura Town. It had taken her a while to find it and get used to the place, but eventually she had to leave the park since it was occasionally populated by visitors. A small apartment building is where she finally moved into. Her room would usually be found empty, other than a few meals in the fridge. The bed's blankets could also be seen tousled up, but she only used the place to sleep and keep away from people.
As her stay and fighting hollows started to become more apparent, someone proclaiming to know who she was tried to get in touch. Aono wanted none of it, but eventually had to talk to the person that kept pestering her. That's when she found out the truth on parts of her past.
A man named Tomu Urufu had gotten in contact with Aono, she didn't know what she wanted, let alone talk to him, but he kept persisting on telling her something that he thought was important. "Hello, I'm Tomu Urufu. You're Aono Morimiya my previous employer's daughter. I was there when you were born, and on that day, there was a grave catastrophe going on. As you now know, Hollows are dangerous creatures that eat human souls. I was just one of the ones that they were targeting on that day. And since that day, you were able to see them and other spirits. Don't you want to know why?" the man said, wondering if she was still following along with his history lesson.
Aono looked up at him with a blank face that could be taken seriously, "Go on" is all she said.
"Well, on that awful day. They attacked your house because I was there. Apparently they sensed my reiryoku and tried to come after me..." he said and paused, thinking if it was truly right to tell her. "...after they finally found me, I tried to escape. But unfortunately, they still appeared at your residence and that was when you first met your fist hollow. You almost died that day, and it tried to eat you first since you were left alone in your crib. That's when I came and you were from then on, exposed to the spiritual world. Dear Aono, I'm so sorry." he ended.
She stood there, motionless, expressionless, and not giving any hint at life. Aono just turned around as if not caring, a emotionless face. The man named Tomu didn't do anything more to contact her since that day, and from then on, nothing had really changed. This just shows you how she really is, but deep inside, a small child cried for that was the reason of all her troubles.
- Martial Arts - Advanced
- Swordsmanship - Advanced
- Medicine - Intermediate
- Boxing - Intermediate
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
A hollow incident had occurred during the day of Aono's birth, this was explained by a man named Tomu. He later explained that the interaction with he, the hollow and Aono is what caused Aono's capability to gain her own spiritual talents. So basically, she started off in the middle of spiritual events and later learns to deal with her own powers. (This is mainly explained in her history)
Discovery of Powers
At the ripe age of 4, Aono first started playing around with what she could do. Being on her own and all, there had to be some way to ensure her own safety. The first appearance of her powers to split electrons from atoms in air particles around her was when she was keeping company with a little girl and her dog. Those were her only friends at the time, and she took a certain liking to her and her dog. Their way of death didn’t matter to Aono, but the two needed to pass on. So it was on a cloudy day, that she first made her attempts.
It was dark and muggy, people ran around with their hands on their hair from all the frizz. Back then, Aono was still a child and liked to have fun, so she wanted to do some magic tricks for her friends. At first, she was able to concentrate enough on an invisible object on her hand. Then, all her concentrating paid off when her friends clapped and said that Aono created a little spark. This made her quite happy, that is, until the sky darkened even more and a roar could be heard from a distance.
She recognized this sound, the sound of danger coming closer to them. A panicked look was across her face, but running was futile. In the end, her friends were killed right before her, and she was all alone again. The hollow went after her for it felt that she had powers, but after her little magic trick, Aono’s adrenaline and fear kicked up to the point where she needed to survive. As it go closer to her alone, she concentrated as much energy as she could like she’d done before, and just before the hollow got near touching range; a heated zap hit it, and startled it enough to stop. At that point, Aono made her run for it, and running as fast as she could, she got lucky enough to get away. But somewhere inside, she knew that this wasn’t going to be the last time she saw that creature.
As she used up most of her life fighting or trying to fight hollows, Aono had learned that she was capable of controlling air particles around her and the electrons switching those particles. Her capabilities allow her to move something like the wind around her even though she's actually moving still particles. While on the other hand, her electron control allows her to use a massive amount of energy to create electricity where she pleases. Basically, to others that would be watching her, she would seem like she's capable of controlling air and electricity even though it's just the millions of tiny particles around her.
Other Specialty Items
Koutaiken - Also known as Shifting Blade, she uses this at times when she doesn't want to use her power. It's a medium sized blade with the thickness of a regular katana. The length of it is around 2 and a half feet long. The blade is rather sharp with a black hilt. To anyone and everyone, it looks like a normal katana. While at the very bottom where it reaches the small flat area, there's a small curved V like symbol.
Abilities, First Stage
- Description of Attack - While using this attack, Aono is capable of using her power to split the air particles towards her enemies, sending an electrical shock blast though all the electricity that was created while the splitting. The attack would appear as a light blue light, and when the attack reaches, it would burn its opponent. It appears to shoot out of her looking like a lightning bolt. She can also use this while close to her opponent, but takes a risk of getting hurt herself since the electricity used is from a power from the air particles at a distance rather than the ones she controls close by her.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 4 meters of how far; 2 feet in diameter
- Limitation - The limitations to this attack is that it can only be used 5 times as of yet, and can be repelled with a strong enough force from the enemy's attack. This move takes up about 10% of her power, and if the attack doesn't hit, it diffuses back and regulates the air particles around it. After things return back to normal, that specific area that the attack disappeared from becomes dangerous to both Aono and her opponent for that area is electrically charged and can cause a shock.
Damage Compared to Aono’s Tier:
- Two or More Tiers Below – Enough to send someone flying and give them severe burns. The burns will look like open bloody wounds that appear as a circle. Swelling and peeling will result making it look close to a reddish brown color. The pain from the wound stings and eventually it’s capable of some scarring.
- One tier below – This attack can shove someone away and give them severe to mild burns. Severe burns will end up looking like open burnt wounds with swelling and peeling. Mild burns on the other hand would just look like charred skin that’s peeling and appears orange to red. Scarring appears after healing and is noticeable.
- Same tier – Getting hit by this attack would cause mild burns and slightly move the opponent. The mild burns would look like charred skin varying from orange to red and eventually starts peeling. The wounded area would sting and eventually cause a light scar.
- One tier above – Here, the attack would cause slight to mild burns. The attack would not cause the opponent’s position to waver so the attack barely has a push. The mild burns would look like charred skin varying from orange to red and eventually starts peeling. While a slight burn would just cause burnt skin that lightly stings appearing dark reddish brown. These don’t usually cause bad scarring.
- Two or More Tiers Above – The attack would cause slight to no burns. The burns would look like smooth skin that’s dark reddish brown. For these tiers, the burn wouldn’t really hurt and would not cause scarring. But it mainly causes no burns and the attack has no effect at all on the opponent’s position.
- Description of Attack - For this attack, Aono is capable of pressuring the air molecules around her creating a hard defensive shield. It's transparent to her opponents and it circles around her whole body seeming like thick invisible glass. While she's in her defensive shield, she's capable of controlling which spots would be open so she can allow others to be protected. If someone were to touch the outside of the shield, the touch would repel away, but not offensively. The repelling factor is the cause of the air particles pushing against the attack or thing that tries to touch the main shield. The thickness of the repelling air particles would be around a foot. When this layer breaks, it looks like visible evaporation when you look at a road on a hot day, while the next layer would appear as shattering glass.
- Type - Defensive
- Range - 2 meters wide, with a 4ft thickness
- Limitation - This defensive move can be destroyed if the repelling first layer is destroyed and powerful attacks were to blow up the main protective layer. The layers can be destoyed by the strength of the opponent and its attack. This also takes about 20% or Aono's power since the shield is rather large and powerful, and the drainage is constant along with its concentration.
Damage Compared to Aono’s Tier:
- Two or More Tiers Below – The shield’s first line of defense ripples from the attack’s hit but no damage is done to it. Basically, all attack can be blocked off and keep the user safe and others safe. Since the first line allows the attack to somewhat bounce off, it basically pushes the attack away.
- One tier below – Attacks cause the first line of defense to waver and ripple. No attacks get through but the shield’s defense is decreased by a bit. Here, the shield will be able to last up to 8 constant attacks. Everyone is still safe behind the shield.
- Same Tier – The attack makes the first line waver and ripple to the point of visibility. After the attack, the shield’s defense decreases and here, the shield can stay up for 4 attacks. Until the shield is completely broken, the attacks don’t go through and keep the user and others safe.
- One tier above – Attacks from this tier are capable of making a major waver to the first line of defense. After 2 attacks, the shield breaks and leaves everyone protected by it safe.
- Two or More Tiers Above – After an attack from these tiered opponents, the first line of defense automatically breaks and shatters the main glassy frame of the shield.
- Description of Attack - Since she's capable of controlling the electron's in the atoms in the air around her, this causes them to start an electric charge throughout her. This flow of electricity isn't very visible, but when there's enough of it, it looks like light blue sparks that flow around her. It's a move that can be constantly used during Aono's close combat fighting, allowing her to give a powerful flow of electric charge to those that touch her. As a result of getting hit by this attack, the opponent is capable of getting burnt and/or electrified. The electricity's power of damage increases if it were to touch water or metal while shocking its opponent. It's also capable of paralyzing her opponent for a bit.
- Type - Offensive/Electric
- Range - On contact/2 meters
- Limitation - This attack takes about 5% of her energy and can rise up to 25% depending on how much electricity she's creating and how much is showing. As it is in constant release, her energy is also constantly depleted by however much electricity she's using at that time.
Damage Compared to Aono’s Tier:
- Two or More Tiers Below –After getting hit by this attack, it’s capable of giving severe burns. The burns are capable of being open wounds by the impact of the attack or can send someone flying with a large bruise. Those burns will look like the skin was burnt off leaving just raw meat causing swelling. While the bruises would just look dark purple and also causes swelling but can also cause someone to be knocked out. The electric charge can paralyze someone and the paralysis lasts for up to 10 seconds.
- One tier below – This attack can give severe to mild burns or bruises. Those burns cal look like the skin disappeared leaving raw meat or swollen crisped skin. If the opponent were to get the bruises instead, then the bruise would look dark purple to dark blue. Meanwhile, it’s also capable of sending an electric charge leaving one with paralysis for up to 6 seconds.
- Same Tier – The attack is capable of leaving mild burns or bruising. The burns would look like swollen yellowish bubbles that sting. If no burning occurs, then the opponent would have mild bruises that are at a dark blue and barely hurt. It also can send a charge that causes paralysis for up to 4 seconds.
- One tier above – This attack can burn an opponent at the point of a swollen yellowish bubble or just a light skin burn. If there’s no burning, the attack can also give light bruising with not much pain at all. The charge from it can also cause paralysis for up to 2 seconds.
- Two or More Tiers Above – Here, the attack would cause a slight skin burn that can make the skin seem red to no burn at all. If this attack were to cause bruising, then the bruise wouldn’t really hurt and just appear light blue. Unfortunately for these tiers, this attack’s charge can’t give paralysis.
Abilities, Second Stage
- Description of Attack - Glowing in brilliant light blues, this attack being around 2.5 feet wide is full of force and power with the speed or regular electricity. Taking as much energy as she can, Aono is capable of storing up enough energy to send out a blast of electricity. To do this, she tear or rips appart the electrons for the nearby particles and collects them to a point where they gather. The attack appears as a large ball like a cero made out of electricity causing everything around her to get static-like and shocking anyone close to her. Also, Aono can hold this attack on both hands. As it reaches her opponent, the attack will burst to the touch as the compressed and charged electrons blow up leaving the area around them unbalanced and full of charge.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 8 meters
- Limitation - This attack is powerful, so it's capable of taking up to 30% of Aono's energy. This is because it takes a lot of energy which after 4 creations it leaves Aono tired and panting. It doesn't take a lot of concentration to create this attack, but it does take time to create the move to its highest potential. Also, because of its speed, Aono has to put 2% more energy to control its movements. After the damage has been done, its destructive power leaves the air unbalanced causing anyone to pass that certain spot to be zapped, including Aono herself.
Damage Compared to Aono’s Tier:
- Two or More Tiers Below – After the attack explodes, it’s capable of sending someone flying from the force of the attack. Since the attack is made out of the air particles creating electricity, the electricity is capable of causing severe 3rd degree burns to the opponent. The damage will seem to look like an open wound which the skin was ripped off or dug out. It would also swell and turn red with white or charred skin. In the end, this would cause scaring and is very painful.
- One tier below – The attack’s explosion would cause someone flying away a bit and leave mild to severe burns. The burns would be like 2nd to 3rd degree burns. Those burns would look like a large orange to pink swells to open wounds like skin was ripped or dug out. This can cause scaring and can also seem like a large brownish red wound.
- Same tier – When the attack explodes, it would cause this tiered opponent to be shoved away. It causes mild 2nd degree burns that look like large swells varying from orange to pink. This attack causes scaring and when fresh it can also look dark red.
- One tier above – After exploding at the opponent, this would cause them to move a bit out of their place. This attack is capable of giving mild to slight 1st and 2nd degree burns. The burns would either have large painful swells varying from orange to pink. Also, for the 1st degree burns, it would just cause one’s skin to swell a bit and turn reddish brown. This can also cause scaring depending on the size of the wound.
- Two or More Tiers Above – Here, the blast wouldn’t effect a person’s position and only cause 1st degree to no burns. The burns would look like reddish brown marks causing a little bit of swelling. In the end, there’s a little to no chance of scarring and the wound can sting a bit.
Aono looked through the wide windows of the pet’s store. A large sign was placed at the front door as it said, ‘New Pets for Sale!’ This made her interested to look inside, making her seem odd for not going in the store instead. Her face close to the glass, vapor was starting to get visible as she breathed on it. Two little paws hooked themselves to the side, then two little fuzzy ears. She blushed as the little pup started to move up. Then she stepped back from the window and realized that there were now other people besides her looking in.
Children pointed as all the little puppies aligned themselves looking through the glass at their future masters. No matter how cute they were, Aono didn’t want to involve herself around the crowd, and taking responsibility of a pet would become troublesome. So there she turned, facing the other direction with her serious face again. She looked as if inside she were saying ‘there are no joys in life’ or ‘I’m depressed, leave me alone.’ That was the kind of face that repels people to talk to her.
‘I wish I could have one,’ she thought to herself and stared ahead with her deep red eyes. She slightly sighed and no one would’ve known it, ‘but I can’t have one because it would just be too dangerous’ she though coming up with an excuse.
Walking alone back to the park, the wind blew slightly allowing itself to brush through her hair. The side bangs on her face swung lightly as the ribbons tied to them danced along. Shadows could be seen going on a fast pace through the park, and you could hear someone’s radio telling the forecast for the day. “Today’s weather report will be low seventies and mostly cloudy” it said telling its listeners the forecast.
‘That’s good, I like this weather’ she thought to herself and faced the clouds spreading her arms out as the wind picked up. A slight tap could be felt on her right leg, then some nudging. The park’s notoriously well known dog begged for some food. Aono stared down at it at first, and then bent her knees to level herself to its height. At about 3 feet tall, the scruffy looking German shepherd sat there waging its tail. Aono opened her mouth to speak, waited a second, and then started talking. “You need a bath, did you know that?” she told it knowing well from its putrid smell. Others would’ve just have ignored the mutt, but Aono is more likely to help those animals rather than an actual homeless person.
With her serious face still on, Aono went to buy the dog some food. A hot dog stand was not too far away, and since she wasn’t planning to keep it, she just bought the human food for the animal. “There you go” she said handing it the hot dog, she rubbed its side then got up again. ‘You’ll be fine on your own,’ she thought and started walking away. The dog must’ve finished the bun and dog pretty quickly because Aono soon realized that it was following her. She turned slightly to look at it, and then looked ahead; “I’m warning you, I won’t take you in, or take care of you” she told it in her serious tone.
And away she went, not caring what the dog did and not wanting to show much sympathy. She just walked the streets on that cloudy day, dog tailing her every move. Down they went, as the sound of thunder rolled through the sky. It would soon rain.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Humans Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - 2
- Original - 2
- Canon - 2
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Sam
Tier Level: Mid Level Weak