Vizard - Ikatsui Karite - [B-2] Apr 3, 2012 4:00:36 GMT -5
Post by Ikatsui on Apr 3, 2012 4:00:36 GMT -5
Name: Ikatsui Karite
Actual Age: 250
Appearing Age: 25 (Actual age divided by 10)
Ikatsui stands at height of about six foot one, with long flowing black hair that reaches down to his back. Ikatsui has dark eyes likes most people, but the difference with his eyes are they aren't dark brown. They are actually black. He has a fair skin tone, with a slight tan. He also weighs around 175 pounds. He has an athletic build, with absolutely no markings on his body besides a few battle scars. The vizard carries his zanpaktou behind him with the hilt to the right so he can reach it easily. He also has both his ears pierced and wears a silver ring on his left middle finger.
He wears black pants with a black shirt and a brown jacket with floral designs on the back thrown over it. He also has a brown wrapping around his waist. Whether in his Gigai or Soul Society this is what he wears. Though from time to time he may change his clothing. The only thing that remains with him at all times is his zanpaktou.
Ikatsui is usually silent, more of an observer than anything else. In most cases he wont try to solve anything by talking, he'd rather just "dispatch" of the person that he believes is causing the problem and be on his way. He is also a war monger, the man loves a good fight and usually never holds back. He is a doer, once he has made up his mind to do something he usually goes through it. It is very hard to convince him otherwise that his way is wrong.
Though he does have another side to him. Sometimes he can be cheerful and friendly, even a bit of a flirt. Though when he is like this, he tends to have a cocky arrogant air about him, which might be a turn off for some people. This though doesn't bother Ikatsui as he believes they are just jealous and insecure of their own abilities and accomplishments. Though should he come by someone he actually cared for he do his utmost to protect that person.
These "loved ones" are hard to find though, as Ikatsui is a bit of a drifter. While always making acquaintances, he never actually makes real friends. Just people that he can stop by and talk to once in while. In order to be his friend you have to gain his trust, and that is something he doesn't give freely.
Ikatsui was born during a time of war. From the time he learned how to walk, he was trained in the martial arts of Muay Thai. The young child was a quick learner and quite the fighter. He became very skilled in hand to hand combat, soon after he was taught how to wield a blade. This took longer for him to catch on to, but he was able to grasp the concept of fighting with a sword in time and eventually became one of the best amongst his people in both hand to hand and swordsmanship.
By the time he was seventeen he was sent off to war. The boy fought for three years in the war. By the time it was over, those he had considered friends and family were all dead, except for one. A little sister that he had. When he deemed it no longer necessary to stay and fight in the war, he took his sister and left the village they had grown up in. Moving on they travelled a lot from village to village, meeting new people making new friends. Until a few recognized him for he was, a man that posed a threat to whomever they were allied to in the war. Or rather he had posed a threat and ruined the reputations and plans of many a man. For this they wanted revenge. They pretended to be his friends and went behind his back and then they killed him. Though when this was done, Ikatsui's sister was nowhere around and she was saved from death, but not the pain of losing the only family she had left. Ikatsui did not go to Seireitai after his death, waiting for his sisters return so that he could say goodbye. Though when he saw the tears in her eyes and look of hurt on her face he couldn't bring himself to go and stayed.
He stayed with his sister until she had married and had children of her own. Though by this time, he had already become chained to the Earth and had no idea how to leave. So as his sister moved on and forgot about him, he started to become angry and jealous. Slowly his chain of fate started eating away at itself. During the short periods of the chains corrosion, Ikatsui would release sudden bursts of spiritual enery which he had no clue he had. It was because of this he was found by Shinigami and sent to Soul Society before he had been consumed by his hatred and become a hollow. When the Shinigami appeared, Ikatusi stood, taking a defensive stance. The shinigami pulled his zanpōktu and told Ikatsui he had nothing to fear. Ikatsui lowered his guard and watched the man closely, then he suddenly disappeared and reappeared right in front of Ikatsui. "I am a Shinigami, and I'm here to send you to a better place," he said before touching the bottom of his hilt to Ikatsuis' forehead, beginning the Konso.
Even so, he still had a hollow formed inside his soul that was biding it's time to control of the mans body. When he awoke in Rukongai he was approached by several shinihgami that suggested he follow them, not knowing what was happening he followed. The whole time he walked through the Rukongai, people stared at him. He wondered why and wanted to ask, but the shinigami would stop him and tell him to keep walking. Reluctantly Ikatsui left the people of Rukongai alone and followed the shinigami. When he came to his destination, he was approached another shinigami. The man asked Ikatsui if he understood his situation and knew where he was. Ikatsui gave no verbal answer, but simply shook his head and stared at the man blankly. The captain nodded and began to explain Ikatsui's situation to him and why the people in Rukongai fainted whenever they came close to him. They offered to send him to the Academy where he could better learn to control his power and become stronger. Being a warrior, Ikatsui accepted the offer and went to the Academy.
He spent the average time there, passing all his classes before joining the Gotei thirteen. When he joined Ikatsui ended up in squad 7. He quickly worked his way up through the ranks. During his years as a shinigami, Ikatsui had made plenty of friends, until he was once again betrayed. While out on a mission, one of his closest friends that was envious of him tried to kill him and would have succeeded too if not for the hollow within Ikatsui. Deeming it as Ikatusi's moment of weakness the hollow took over and started to assault the whole squad. Before he could kill anyone, Ikatsui managed to regain control even though he had caused them serious damage anyways. He managed to get a message to seireitai, but did not stay behind with his comrades. He couldn't trust them, he couldn't trust anyone but he wasn't going to leave them to die. So as soon as reinforcements came, the shinigami hid his reiatsu and left. Going out to venture the world on his own and to learn about this strange new power he had acquired.
During his journey Ikatsui had learned to gain control over the hollow that resided within him. He accomplished this by doing meditative training and beating the hollow inside him to submission. Gaining control over his abilities, though the the hollow had warned him that should he ever falter and show weakness he would try to claim the body as his own.
- Swordsmanship- Advanced
- Kidō- Intermediate
- Hohō - Beginner
- Hand to Hand - Advanced
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
Name: Shi no ōkami
Translation - Death Wolf/ Wolf of Death
Ikatsui's zanpaktuō in it's unreleased form is a simple katana. The scabbard is black with a red wrapping criss-crossing down it leaving a diamond pattern in the spaces, same goes for the hilt on the zanpaktuō. It's overall length is about 28.5 inches. The guard is circular and black, it has the image of a wolf on it and the bottom of the hilt also possess this image. The blade is light, making it easier to swing around and be used to it's full potential. It is also quite sharp, able to cut through most materials such as rocks and some metals.
Ikatsui's zanpaktuō manifestation takes on the image of a large black wolf with three tails. The tails are three times longer than a normal wolfs', making them about three feet in length. The wolf has red eyes and is built quite thick and muscular. It stands about nine feet tall on all fours and most of the time bears a menacing look on its face. Sendo also has battle scars across his muzzle in various places and a very long scar that runs along his side on the right. He is often found holding his head down, looking more like a stalking predator rather than walking around with his head up so that one can see what his face really looks like.
For the most part, Sendo is like Ikatsui in the fact that he loves a good fight. He's always craving for one and will do just about anything for a fight. If he isn't being used, then he adopts a very lazy attitude and sleeps all the time, unless Ikatsui enters the inner world or he is training. Though usually he is always sleeping, and doesn't like to be disturbed. So you can imagine he becomes irritated when Ikatsuis' inner hollow decides to play around, leaving Sendo in an almost cranky state most times.
Relationship to Master
Ikatsui considers Sendo his one and only true friend. Though they also both view each other as a way or tool to become stronger, making their relationship a bit strange. They care for each other, though they would never show it. They always argue over the silliest things and tend to act childish, doing things such as the cold shoulder. They often threaten each other too. When it comes to fighting though, the two are absolutely in sync. They also have each others back and do their utmost to share their power to win.
Ikatsui's inner world is wilderness in constant night, with a bonfire burning close to where ever Sendo can be found. Often there is snow within his inner world, but sometimes it seems as if it is spring or summer there. All depending on Ikatsui's mood, but usually its snowing whenever he is in a neutral state of mind. The wilderness is empty besides the existence of Sendo and Ikatsui's inner hollow. No other form existence can be found there.
Name: Senshi-ō (Warrior King)
Senshi-ō has spiky black hair that reached down to his shoulders. Like Sendo he has red eyes and fangs. He has his pierced similar to Ikatsui and wears only a black robe. He stands at a height of 6 feet flat and weighs about the same as Ikatsui. They are similar in build also.
Senshi-ō has demented and troubled personality. Like the other two he is a war monger, but they fight to test their limits and for fun. Senshi-ō fights for the thrill of killing. It bring him complete and utter ecstasy. The pleasure of a kill makes him feel alive, which gives him the feeling that Ikatsui is weak. Being that while he does love to fight, he never wants to kill. This is the drive which has Senshi-ō wishing to take control of Ikatsui's body, so he can kill whenever he want.
Relationship to Master
As said above, he thinks Ikatsui is weak because he rarely kills. Though he does like him because he is a fighter. Most times they can get along, but Senshi-ō is always looking for someway to take control of Ikatsui's body, making it hard for them to trust each other. Seeing as they always believe that one is always plotting against the next. Senshi-ō also like to try and butt into Ikatsuis' fights a lot. Though often if not most times, he fails to break free of Ikatsuis' control.
Mask Appearance and Summoning
To summon his mask, Ikatsui merely needs to hold a hand over his face and pull it across. Though he tends to use his right hand to touch his left cheek lightly, then he slowly pulls his hand across his face. The mask then begins forming, trailing behind Ikatsuis' fingers. The mask is white with ears that are about six inches in height. The eye wholes are slanted at an angle and they have red lines running from either end of them. In the centre of the mask at the top by the ears, two more red stripes run parallel to each other. They start off close, almost touching then curve out wards then start to go back in as they near the eyes. Above the teeth the mask juts out a little bit, and black like runs along the edge from just beneath the eyes to meet in the middle, then they go up to where the nose would be. Ikatsui can hold hold this transformation for about a minute.
- Description of Attack - Ikatsui fires a cero from either hand, the cero is black in colour with a blue glue around it. It is a about 20 to 30 cm in diameter and goes up to about fifty feet.
- Limitation - The ceros take time to charge (1 post to charge, then another to fire) and he must wait for a certain interval before firing another (two posts between each cero). Those that are a lower level than Ikatsui receive 70% of the damage. Someone on the same level as his receives 65%-100% damage. Anyone above his level receives 45% of the damage that could be cause at most.
Eyes of Deception
- Description of Attack - Basically Ikatsui shoots condensed beams of reiatsu from his eyes. You could say it's like a cero, but it doesn't have the same destructive force. Though a direct hit from this attack from close up may cause quite a bit of damage depending on how strong the enemy is. This attack has the same range as a cero, but is twice as fast.
- Limitation - After using this technique, Ikatsui has temporary sight problems. His vision becomes blurry for a while (3 posts) making it hard for him to see and fight. Those that are a lower level receive 65% damage. Those on the same level receive 50% damage at least and those that are higher receive 35% damage at the most.
Call Out Phrase: Bare your fangs, Sendo!
Translation - N/A
The sword basically remains the same, beside the fact the the blade becomes serrated, for more tearing and rendering. A symbolization of Sendos' claws and fangs and three whips with silver blades on the end protrude from the hilt. This would symbolize Sendos' tails. The blade is still 28.5 inches. The hilt is long enough for both hands to hold it. The whips which now extend from the hilt are about two feet in length, including the length of the blades at the end of each whip.
- Description of Attack - While swinging the zanpaktou, it draws on Ikatsuis' reiatsu and condenses it, forming it into ice shards which it releases during the swing. These shards are about a foot long and around four inches thick. Each swing releases about five to ten shards depending how much reiatsu is used when using the technique.
- Type - offensive
- Range - 10 meters
- Limitation - This technique can be used as often as wanted, but each time it takes a toll on Ikatsui's reiatsu. Each swinging takes roughly 5% of his reiatsu each time, and constant use of this technique would quickly deplete him of his energy. Also because the swinging motion is so big, if an opponent were quick enough to dodge the attack and get close to him, it leaves him open for attack. On someone that is a lower level they would receive at least 90% of the damage. For someone on the same level they would receive 50%-full damage. For someone of higher level they would receive 0%-50% of damage.
- Description of Attack - The blade of the zanpōktou is covered with a layer of Ikatsui's reiatsu. When the blade cuts an opponent, it freezes the area that it cut. While this may not seem like a bad thing because it stops the opponent from bleeding out, it also causes decline in body temperature. In otherwise, if you are hit enough times with this technique you might come down with a mild case of hypothermia so to speak. It can also be used to slow an enemies movements be freezing certain areas like like the tendons in ones leg. The only area that becomes frozen is where ever the blade cuts when this technique is active. Though is the same area is struck repeatedly the amount of ice will begin to build up. The area around and in the wound itself will become frozen. Those are the only affected areas. Example if you were to get cut by this ability across your hand. The opening of the wound and the inside the wound itself would freeze.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - Up Close and Personal
- Limitation - This technique uses about 10%of Ikatsui's reiatsu, constant usage of this technique lowers his stamina so if not used wisely he will tire easily. Making him easy pickings in a fight. Those that are a lower level than him will receive the full brunt of this technique, meaning the wound will freeze almost immediately and the ice will be think enough to slow their movements by an eighth of their normal speed. Those that are on the same level as his will only have a tiny layer of ice covering the wound. While those of a higher level will not be affected by this technique, unless Ikatsui uses more reiatsu along with it.
Even then still hard to fully freeze to the point of solid ice. Those on the same level or higher; speed will not be affected unless they are struck in the same spot several times. (example. if someone of a lower level is cut on a tendon in the knee or elbow, the wound would freeze over time and the speed of the cut area would be reduce by an eighth when the wound finishes freezing. Meaning reaction time and such. During this time the target may try to stop the freezing process with their reiatsu, they can use their own reiatsu to counter against Ikatsuis' to slow or stop the freezing process all together. Those of the same level and higher would have minimal or no freezing taking place and their speed would not be affected unless the same area is hit more than once.)
Fortress of Solitude
- Description of Attack - Ikatsui stabs his blade into the ground and allows his reiatsu to flow through it. This causes an array of ice crystals form all around him to defend him from attacks that may be directed at him. The crystals rise to about ten feet in height and an overall diameter of the barrier would be five feet. The technique covers him, the ice come out of the ground angled, but all heading to the same spot which is directly over Ikatsui, sealing him off completely. This ability lasts for two posts unless broken.
- Type - Defensive
- Range - Close
- Limitation - This technique requires a lot of reiatsu and preparation (Has to charge reiatsu for two posts before using the technique) during this time he cannot use any other of his shikai abilities. This makes his more vulnerable before using the technique. Use of this ability uses about 25% of Ikatsuis' reiatsu. Those that are a lower level than Ikatsui would have to use about twice as much energy as Ikatsui to break this. Those that are the same level could break it with the same amount of energy with physical attacks. Those that are higher can use little to no energy to break this barrier
- Description of Attack - Ikatsui's element is ice and snow. This ability allows him to use that snow as a distraction when using shunpo, it also makes it look cool. The snow flurries around him from feet to head, completely hiding him from view before the shunpo is performed. Then the snow drifts off with the wind, giving the observer the impression that he teleported. When arriving somewhere using this snow, it happens the opposite way. The snow will flurry around and slowly drift off, revealing his head first and so on. This technique is not for battle at all. It is merely for transportation usage.
- Type - Supplementary
- Range - Self
- Limitation - This technique cannot be used in battle, and it takes up 3% of Ikatsuis' reiatsu each time it is used. He can only travel up to 50 meters per shunpo.
Translation - If Applicable
Name of Ability
- Description of Attack -
- Type -
- Range -
- Limitation -
The sound of the wind whispered in the air. Leaves blew and the glow of the moon shone down on the surface of the earth. A top a tall building a man sat. One his legs hung over the edge of the building and the other rested on the edge, bent at the knee as he sat there. His long flowing black hair blew with the wind, whipping across his face, covering his good looks, only revealing his black eyes. He held a katana in his hand as he looked down below him. The world ha changed very much, if he hadn't been around he would not have believed it. Though he couldn't tell if the change was for better or for worse.
With a sigh Ikatsui stood, the brown robe that he had over his other clothing billowed in the wind. The katana in his, he reached behind him, slipping into the wrappings that were around his waist. He jumped off the building and did a front flip, landing lightly on his feet when he reached the ground. His dark eyes glanced around him before he started walking. It was a habit really, making sure there was no one around. Not seeing or sensing anyone the vizard began to move placing one foot in front of the other as he exited the ally where he was.
Stepping out onto the streets he closed his eyes and reached out his other senses. Listening for the slightest sound, or trying to sense any close by reiatsu. Still nothing, so he opened his eyes and continued walking. It seemed that tonight would not be a night for him to be fighting. The streets were empty and the it seemed they would be staying that way for a while. A muscle twitched in his jaw, no hollows, not even a bloody shinigami to try his patience tonight. It was annoying. "This is a silent night," he said to himself in a low voice. It wasn't what he was used to. He loved the fights, they were basically his main purpose for even continuing in this wretched existence.
Ikatsui didn't hate his life, but as a vizard he had nothing to do. It was as if he was thrown into an empty void to live by himself for all eternity. Fighting was just about the only thing that entertained him anymore. He had very few friends and he had no "acquaintances" in this area. So that didn't help his case much, none the less. The vizard continued on his way, heading out of the town hoping to find a fight or some form of entertainment on his way to wherever he decided to go next.
As he walked he heard a sudden rustle. Turning to the direction of the noise, his right hand reached behind him gripping the hilt of his zanpōktu ready to draw it at any moment. His knees were already bent slightly ready to move by the time he finished his turn, but all he saw was an old man. "Quick reactions, but you wouldn't dare draw your blade on a old man now would you?" he asked staring at Ikatsui. His hands holding a cane, one on top of the other. Ikatsui studied the elderly man, he was wearing a red kimino and black shows with wrappings around his ankle. The vizard gave him another look over before relaxing and standing to his full height, relinquishing his hold on the hilt of his zanpōkto. "My apologies, I'm a bit on edge tonight." The vizard closed his eyes and tilted his head downwards slightly. The old man laughed a hearty laughter, Nonsense, no apologies needed. No harm done after all, just a simple misunderstanding." Ikatsui opened his eyes and looked at the old man, he exhaled and nodded, "My name is Ikatsui Karite," he introduced himself, waiting for the old man to do the same. "You can call me Jenshuo." He offered warm smile, and waved his arm gesturing for Ikatsui to take a walk with him.
The vizard didn't think it was a good idea, but he had nothing else to do. So he nodded his head and followed in Jenshou's stead. The two men walked and talked about various things. From simple everyday things to the mysteries of life itself. To some of which Ikatsui might have the answers, but he couldn't reveal them to the living now could he.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Vizard Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
Canon - #0
Original - #1
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Rebel_Raven
Tier Level: Medium Level Average