Arrancar - Abyss Heallyfish - [B-3] Jun 9, 2010 12:28:19 GMT -5
Post by Sam on Jun 9, 2010 12:28:19 GMT -5
Name: Abyss Heallyfish
Actual Age: 278
Appearing Age: late twenties
Typically looking down at his feet, Abyss has long sea green hair that hangs over the front of his face. Being long enough to hit his lower back keeping the majority of his back covered by his straight hair it sways from side to side when he walks. When he places his long hair back, his face finally revealed, well not all of it at least. His mask fragments cover must of his lower face, looking much like a surgical mask except more ninja like. It covers his nose down to past his chin; it goes over the sides of his face, and ends right below his ears. His fragments ending at the top of his neck cover so pretty much the entire lower half of his face.
His eyes are dark midnight blue, almost like a deep ocean crack that leads to the depths of mystery. The rest of his face reveals a well tone face that has dark thin eyebrows. These eyebrows tend to reveal more of what is on his mind, rather then the rest of his body.
He wears a white uniform like the rest of the Arrancar army, but his uniform is more like a doctor’s outfit. He wears a white lab coat over his normal uniform. The inner lining of his lab coat is navy blue and the rest of his uniform consists of a large collar sticking out and a series of buttons down his shirt. He keeps his hands covered with a pair of navy gloves that cover all but fours of his fingers. The index and middle fingers on each glove open while the navy colored fabric covers the rest of his hand.
His hollow hole is unseen, but is located between his chest and stomach. He tends to keep it to himself much like a well-kept secret. He is tall, about 6’2” and though he is very strong he is very thin. Thin and lean can be the best description of him, as he weighs about 120 lbs.
Abyss is mainly known as a depressed schizoid, meaning that he is extremely shy and down. He prefers working alone except when he has no choice. Whatever the reason, relationships isn't part of it. He’s indifferent, detached, and always seemingly stoic. Nobody knows what's on his mind. Often accused of having a dry sense of humor or no having one at all, he doesn’t like talking to others.
Another aspect of abyss is his apathetic attitude toward fighting. He is usually in the background waiting for it to blow over so he can deal with the injured. He prefers to call himself neutral, as healers should not be involved with the fighting part of war, this may cause problems with his superiors and other fighting based Arrancar.
If he preferred the company of others, then it would have to those of great intellect. Stupidity is often a downer and makes him depressed even further. Much to his surprise, he tries to make conversations and relationships but always ends up going back to his old detached self.
Other then what others perceive him to be, he does his best to help with the current rein of Las Noches. He uses every once of knowledge to heal his fellow Arrancar and if they try to hurt him afterwards, they’ll find him full of surprises. He does have his pride after all and if they don’t appreciate his work then he’ll take it back. That’s right, his pride is one of the things he has that he will fight for, in other words injure his pride he’ll injure you.
Abyss’s history is quite a tale of depression. His life started when he awoke from a tragic accident, well not tragic in the traditional sense of the word. He committed suicide after he felt the sting of a lost love. His suicide was one of the most unorthodox ones ever seen, not to damage the pride he had so he made it seem like he just had an accident. He went to the docks of the village he worked in as the local doctor and jumped in when no one was looking. However, he was going for a simple drowning but he didn’t expect the migration of jellyfish to come so close.
As he went under, the jellyfish gradually surrounded him and began to sting him viciously. He died a horrible death that night but it only opened him to a new world of depression. He was sure he’d go somewhere like the other side, but he was left in the world that cased him pain and suffering. Why? Why am I to be tortured this way? These thoughts kept coming back day after day, moment after moment as time seemed to fly past him.
These thoughts ended the day he transformed into the dark spirit know has a Hollow. For several years, he was a mindless eating machine, attacking anyone with the slightest hint of spiritual awareness. It was at one point that he developed a taste for the Shinigami Medic core that really got him started to the path.
It was about two hundred fifty years ago that this small Hollow got his first taste of Shinigami. It was the best reaistu that he has ever tasted causing him to want more. He came across a group of medical shinigami on a routine mission and took this opportunity to attack and eat. Not the strongest fighters of the Shinigami squad members, he was able to take them out with little effort. It was at this time that a strange notion began to come into play in his head. Knowledge of the healing arts kept pouring in, replacing his old self with a new power.
It was about the time he became an Adjudas that he felt the lore to become something more, something stronger. He sought to evolve into something more then just a Hollow and once he got word of one who could do that for him, he jumped at the chance. He traveled form the forest in search for this man to get the power he promised so he can serve a greater purpose. Perhaps he can find the happiness he has be seeking his entire life that he couldn’t understand why he wanted it.
He was lucky that he was worthy of the transformation, seeing others turned away from this once in a lifetime chance. He underwent the process, a long process where he awoke his new powers and form. He served as a healer for this man, even though other Arrancar felt that serving a Shinigami was shameful he didn’t care. He was there for one purpose, to heal, and he was good at it. No, he was great at it, and even though several of his comrades find him useless and treated him with disrespect, he would just remember that without him they’d be helpless and probably die.
- Swordsmanship- Advance
- Cero - Intermediate
- Sonído - Intermediate
- Hand to Hand - Advance
- Speed - Advance
- Power - Intermediate
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Advance
- Enhanced Strength
- Description of Attack - Much to others surprise, Abyss can numb the nervous system to the point where no pain can be felt. He touches the area around the wound, causing a slight sting, and after a few seconds, the area becomes numb to the touch. He uses his exposed fingers when activating this ability.
- Type - Paralysis
- Range - close/contact
- Limitation - Unlike most abilities, this one is mainly used to numb pain of a patient and as little effect on those of healthy bodies. If attempted on a person of good or great health, it would just cause a slight stinging sensation with no numbing or paralysis effect in the area he touched. He needs those to relax before he can use the ability, making it useless in battle. He can’t use this one more then one part of the body at a time and isn’t strong enough to stop important points in the body like the heart or brain. It uses a small percentage of his reiatsu, about 2% - 5%.
- Description of Attack - This is Abyss’s main healing technique. By changing the physics of his body and transforming into a jelly like state, Abyss can surround the severally injured for a healing process. He uses a series of tendrils, carefully picking up the patient and puts them in his jelly body. He engulfs the patient in his sea green jelly body for his enzymes to begin working on the wounds. At first, it seems that he is dissolving the patient, bubbles forming over them as the wounds heal. Once the process finishes, time usually depends on the severity of the wounds, he spits them out in a slimy mess.
- Type - Healing
- Range - Close/Contact
- Limitation - Using this move leaves him open to several element based attacks. Ice can freeze him, fire will evaporate, earth will swallow, but his body seems to be a great conduit for electricity. He is slow moving in this form, can’t attack, and tends to use this only for the severally wounded. He can use this on one person at a time, but each time he uses it he’d drained of 10% of his reiastu. The time it takes to heal depends on the severity of the wounds, so if one is in need a surgery it would take him about five to eight minutes for a completely healed patient.
- Description of Attack - During his time as a Hollow, Abyss devoured a large group of Medic Core shinigami. Due to this, the combine knowledge of those Shinigami as been imprinted in Abyss’s mind, giving him the ability to use medical kido. As the Abyss holds his hands above the patient’s wounds, his palms glow with dark green spiritual energy to facilitate healing on the patient he is working on.
- Type - Healing
- Range - Close
- Limitation - Due to him being an Arrancar, his version of medical kido heals the wound first then the reiastu rather than the opposite. Being an Arrancar, he isn‘t as adept to using this form of healing and typically saves it for small wounds. It takes a good percent of energy using the kido, about 20% of his reiastu for each use, as he isn’t the best at using it. Ime is the same as it is with Shinigami, depending on the severity of the wound it would take Abyss five to ten minutes to fully heal a patient.
Translation - Jellyfish
Call Out Phrase: Picar, Aguamala!
Translation - Sting, Jellyfish!
Aguamala hidden under Abyss’s jacket and appears like a Scourge from roman times. It has several thin thongs attached to its hilt, about twenty. The whole weapon appears like a very long jellyfish, the hilt being the head, and the tendrils being the thongs. The thongs are about three feet in length and are used to whip or ensnare his opponents. The hilt is about a foot long with a jellyfish etched in it.
When he releases Aguamala, his body begins to melt in a jelly like state. It is sea green jelly slime, until he stands in a new form. His legs separate in several jellyfish like tendrils, about ten for each leg, and his head enlarges by three times. His entire body becomes transparent revealing the inner workings of his body mainly his brain is seen. Other parts of his body appear to be nonexistent making his body practically weightless.
His eyes are golden yellow with no pupils. His arms and hand remain the same except they are transparent. However, several tendrils have grown out his wrist past his hands by three feet, about five on each arm. His mouth has disappeared, but is still able to speak to people. When he speaks, it sounds like he is underwater, like a gurgling sound. His clothes are gone, but he retains the shape of the clothes he wore before his resurreccion. Like most Resurreccions, Abyss heals after he uses it.
Jelly Form 2.0
- Description of Attack - In his new form, Abyss’s body is able to withstand higher strain of physical attacks. Since his body is mainly jelly like, he can take more hits and heal faster if the hit goes through his body. He can use the ability to heal others like its pervious form, but now is able to increase the healing rate by double. Another new trick in this form is a digestive enzyme that he can shift into when being attack.
- Type - Healing/Passive
- Range - Close
- Limitation - Much like it’s previous form, he can only use its healing properties on one person at a time. Although he is immune to most physical damage, he can still be hurt and feel the pain of a zanpakuto. His new body only helps with hand-to-hand based combat, as it absorbs most of the damage. His digestive enzyme is a slow acting enzyme, making it hard to use as an offensive attack. The enzyme can be washed, blown, or wiped off before the digestion begins due to the slow reaction time. If left on, it will slowly burn away any clothes and if it hits skin will cause a small burning sensation.
If the enzymes are used on someone of a higher tier than Abyss, then it only burns clothes. He cannot use both the healing enzyme and digestive enzyme at the same time. Therefore, if he is healing someone, the digestive enzyme will not activate and vise versa. This technique uses a small percent of energy, roughly about 10% of his reiastu. The healing process takes the same amount of time it did in the previous form, so about five to ten minutes.
- Description of Attack - Much like the tendrils of a Jellyfish, Abyss’s inflicts stings when touched. He can choose to have the tendrils sting or not. They stings are minor individually, but if he uses all of them at once they could prove to be hazardous. The stings feel like small electrical shocks that numb the area it touches. The tendrils can stretch up to five feet past Abyss and can ensnare weak and careless opponents. If they are cut or broken, Abyss retracts them for them to grow a new one.
- Type - Paralysis/Ensnarement
- Range - Close/Mid/Contact(five feet)
- Limitation - The tendrils can be cut due to their thinness and once they are cut, they retract back to Abyss to grow back. They take about a minute for them to grow back to their original length. When a tendril is growing, he can’t use them to sting his opponent until the damaged tendril is healed. The numbness is only temporary, lasting about thirty seconds, and can’t be used on those of higher tier. If used on a higher tier, they tendrils only act as an annoying sting that will only last a few seconds. The tendrils use about 10% of his reiastu to sting and another 5% to heal damaged ones. When ensnaring someone, he uses more energy to keep the stinging process to continue. He uses another 10% reiastu when holding someone in this ensnared tendril trap.
Sulking in the corner of his personal quarters, Abyss was in deep thought about his life here. Why do I bother? No one appreciates my work, they always complain on how long it takes to heal them. The stupidity of them to get themselves worked up over the slightest hang up makes them unworthy of my talents. His thoughts were harsh as he felt unappreciated on his healing art. He should just leave them to their fate, without him they’d die.
He felt so alone at times he wished he could make some kind of connection with another person, but he always ruins it. He finds someway to get out of it and he knew that.
He got up and decided that maybe some air would do him good. His dark sea green hair covered his face as he opened his door and walked down the halls of Las Noches. He didn’t bother to look up, mainly keeping his head down looking at his feet. The floor looks the same as usual. He thought as he walked but he suddenly felt certain moistness in his steps.
He spotted a small pool of crimson liquid, causing him to stop in his tracks. He squatted down, touched the liquid, and brought his fingers up to his face. “Blood!?” He said as he smelled the liquid. He looked for the source of the pool and spotted a trail leading down a hall. He followed the trail in a quick motion until he stopped at the source.
A woman was lying against the wall, holding he side as blood slowly spilled out of the wound. She was cringing in pain and looked like she just couldn’t go any further. She spotted him coming close to her and began to shake in fear. “Don’t worry, I’m a here to help.” He said in a reassuring tone.
He squatted down beside her, grabbing a cloth to press against the wound and see the damage. It was a clean cut, deep, and was showing early signs of infection. “This is going to sting a little.” He told her a=has he brought his right hand up to the wound and touched it causing a slight stinging.
She cringed as the stinging pain inflicted but soon her face turned to a calming look. This was Abyss was hoping for and his hand began to glow a dark green energy. He placed his hand over the wound, allowing the healing process to start. Not the best at the practice of healing Kido, sweat began to seep out of his brow as the wound slowly began to heal.
After ten minutes or so, the wound was closed and completely healed. “The numbness should have ended a while ago and the cut will be fine.” He said as he stood up and started to walk away before she could say something. However, he did manage to hear something from her as he turned the corner. “Thanks.”
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - #4
- Original - #6
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Wicked
Tier Level: Mid Level Strong