Arrancar - Annette Julice - MLA Oct 26, 2010 13:28:38 GMT -5
Post by Aegoras on Oct 26, 2010 13:28:38 GMT -5
Name: Annette Julice
Actual Age: 153
Appearing Age: 15
Annette is a petite girl with a small frame, standing at 4'10" and only 90lbs. Her long sandy-brown hair is kept tied back in pigtails at all times, and the front is cropped short in bangs. Her skin is lightly tanned and her eyes feature black irises with green pupils. Her visible features over all are soft and carry a certain look of sorrow to them, as if she were on the verge of crying.
Her mask remnant seems out of place, as it forms a toothy grin covering the lower half of her face, with short spikes protruding from the jaw line. This extends all the way back to her ears, and the pseudo teeth are clamped shut. Below, in the center of her throat, her hollow hole is clearly on display.
She wears a white, long-sleeve top with black trim that is open in the midriff, and a matching skirt that ends just above her knees. She is always barefoot, and can often be seen carrying a ragged, worn teddy-bear with numerous cuts and amateur needlework repairs. A jade green sash hangs off her waist as the only color in her attire and holds her short Zanpakuto behind her hips.
In her sealed form, Annette is very subdued. Her mannerisms and activities often portray a sad, lonely girl. When she has her teddy bear in hand, she relies on it almost as a security of some sort, and considers it to be her only friend. This is largely because while she has the cognitive powers and intelligence enough to speak, her mask prevents her from doing so.
She gets nervous around groups of people, and very much despises being the center of attention. Her desire to please is obvious, however, as she seems to find validation through her worth to others, even as minuscule as she may perceive it to be.
Her released form is a polar opposite as far as personality goes. She relishes in violence, and considers death and destruction to be a game. Receiving and causing pain are ecstasy in its most pure form, and thus she cares little for winning or losing. Just the fight itself is worth her time, and she will do everything in her power to attack. She has no concept of honor or noble tactics, nor can she stand opponents that would rather talk incessantly than fight.
Once she gets going, she can be nearly impossible to dissuade, as she demonstrates a one-track mind for the thrill of violence. She also cares little for her opponent's strength, whether stronger or weaker than herself. Though her mask now permits her speech, she is so used to silence that she rarely take advantage of it, and will usually giggle and laugh at her opponent instead.
As a living girl, Annette was the product of a mother who didn't want or love her, and a father who was too drunk to care. She was often left alone at home with only her stuffed bear for company, but she never complained. No matter what she did, she could never achieve the approval or validation she craved, but that never stopped her from trying. But her bear loved her. Soon, it loved her enough to speak with her, and when it did, it would remind her that the mother and father didn't deserve her.
It all reached a crescendo one night, shortly after her eleventh birthday, and while her parents fought over some mundane and inconsequential issue, her bear convinced her of what must be done. It happened while they slept, a double homicide. It was the first time the girl had been truly happy, and with an innocent smile, she wandered into a busy street. The headlights of the car that would end it all revealed the blood covering her hands and nightgown, and the sadistic look in her eyes.
Whether it was the circumstances of her life or death are unknown, but her chain eroded almost immediately, and the soul transformed into a small hollow. Her first task was to return to her old home and devour the pair of souls present. Her vengeance was complete, and it felt wonderful. But her bear was gone. No longer could she hear his voice, and she lamented this fact constantly. She found small joys in consuming souls, but no matter what she did, she couldn't find her friend. She eventually grew tired of looking, and resigned herself to the ultimate loneliness. It was soon after that she was devoured herself. Darkness followed.
Her next conscious thoughts were as a Gillian, yet she had no recollection of anything prior. As far as she knew, she had always been this thing, and her desire to feed was the most natural thing there was. Others like her became her victims, and the more she consumed, the easier it was to consume more. But there was a longing and a loneliness that she just could not place. Eventually, it simply wasn't enough to consume the others in this vast forest, and she simply had to have something more. She was changing once again.
She was small by Adjuchas standards, and though her mask featured a large, toothy grin, she was always heart-broken and devastated. It was only in battle that she found any joy at all, and she began to thoroughly enjoy violence. She craved more and more, even beyond the desire to feed. She grew naturally, the passion for destruction and cruelty fueling her strength. Then came the opportunity for more.
Soon after undergoing the Shinigamification process, she felt compelled to visit the living world. Her garganta led her to a small town, and as she surveyed the scene, her eyes took in something that shocked her, though she didn't know why. A small girl playing in her backyard. A faded stuffed bear propped up next to the tree. She was overcome with the inexplicable desire for that bear, to make it hers. But as she made her way down, she was attacked by a Shinigami, who had apparently detected her presence.
She didn't understand why he wouldn't let her get to what she desired, but she wouldn't be deterred. She delighted in tearing the would-be slayer apart, and relished his screams throughout. But soon he was gone, and nothing stood between her and her prize now. Except the little girl, who screamed as her bear seemed to levitate by unseen forces. But the screaming stopped soon enough, as her soul was added to the countless that had been devoured before.
Annette stared at the bear with a curious look in her eyes, as she tried to figure out why she desired the object so much. And she half expected the toy to speak, but that was silly. Wasn't it? Regardless, she would keep this bear as her own, and from that day on, the toy was almost always in her arms. It received wear and tear, but she always lovingly tried to repair it as best she could. The shoddy needlework was evidence of that. Sometimes, she swore she heard it say something, but would always brush it off as figments of her imagination.
- Swordsmanship- Beginner
- Cero - Advanced
- Sonído - Intermediate
- Hand to Hand - Advanced
- Speed - Advanced
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Intermediate
- Intelligence - Intermediate
- Cero - Her Cero is a jade green color that darkens towards the outside, with a 3 second charge time, and is fired from her mouth.
- Garganta - Allows her travel between worlds.
- Hierro - Her Hierro is fairly strong, as she relies on hand-to-hand as her only fighting style.
- Bala - Her Bala is the same shade of green as her Cero, can be fired from her hands, and has a 1 second charge time.
Retraso Cero (Delayed Cero)
- Description of Attack - Upon charging her Cero normally, Annette can delay the release of the Cero for up to 4 seconds, allowing her a better opportunity to find an opening during that time.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 50 meters
- Limitation - The charged Cero loses 20% of its effectiveness each second that it is held with release, meaning the longer it is held, the weaker it becomes.
Andanada de Bala (Bullet Barrage)
- Description of Attack - Instead of being limited to releasing her Bala one at a time, Annette has the option of charging and releasing multiple Balas at once. The charge rate is 2 Balas per second, so if she charges for 5 seconds for example, 10 Balas will be released. Her max is 20 Balas with a single charge, which requires 10 seconds to complete. They are fired from both hands in rapid succession, and always travel in a straight line. When used in this manner, each Bala takes on an exaggerated oval shape, rather than a circle.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 25 meters
- Limitation - She must charge the attack based on the number of Balas released at once. Each one is only half as strong as a Bala fired in the traditional manner, and if she is interrupted before she can release the ability, then the reiatsu gathered is lost. Each Bala consumes 1% of her total reiatsu, up to a maximum of 20.
Translation - Misery
Call Out Phrase: Unknown (her speech is impaired because of her mask, so when she calls out her Zanpakuto, the phrase is muffled)
Her Zanpakuto is a greco-roman style short sword, with a black sheath, steel hilt, bronze end cap, and round bronze guard only slightly wider than the blade itself. The steel blade is about 20 inches long, and its cutting edge is on both sides. It remains sheathed at all times except when she draws to release. Its held behing her hips by the green sash around her waist.
When Annette releases her Zanpankuto, her physical attributes don't change very much. The biggest differences are the loss of sleeves to her top, and curved blades that run along her forearms from her wrists to just past her elbows. Her muscles become slightly more defined, though they don't increase in size.
Her mask opens, making her mouth visible underneath, which is most often fixed in a wicked smile. Even her eyes, which would relay grief in her sealed state, will now display pure elation at her release. Her eyes maintain the green with black trim appearance.
Frenesí Sangriento (Blood Frenzy)
- Description of Attack - Annette enrages, made evident by her eyes turning pitch black. During these moments of her increase, all that matters to her is the kill. This ability puts her on her intended tier (without it she is naturally one tier below her potential at all times). Her attributes and abilities increase according to the change in power.
- Type - Activation
- Range - Personal
- Limitation - As this ability actually puts her at potential power, she is actually one tier below when she isn't using it. Being in this state drains 1% of her reiatsu per second in use, so the max she could potentially use it would be 99 seconds. This number drops drastically as she uses other abilities that drain reiatsu, so she usually sticks to short 10-15 second bursts.
The fortress had been busy as of late, but Annette had done her best to stay out of the way of the others. She clutched her bear tightly, her wide eyes darting back and forth among all the activity as her hand stroked the toy's worn head. The girl didn't know what was going on, but she was sure it must be too big for her.
So many big things, important people. No place for Annette and her friend. May as well accept. Despair. Worthless. Stupid girl, stupid bear.
But she wasn't stupid, she knew it. She could help, she could do better. Wasn't that right? Couldn't she help in His plans? The Master was always so kind, yet so particular. She would do anything for a kind look or touch. But she was always too afraid that she wouldn't be good enough for Him or anyone else, so she stayed quiet.
She gasped as she looked down at the bear. Her tight grip had torn another small hole in the fabric behind the left arm, and she nearly went into a panic as her fingers fumbled for the needle and thread she always kept on her person. The thread didn't match the bear's fabric, but that was okay. Wasn't it?
A hurried job, and the hole was patched, though the craftsmanship left much to be desired. She didn't care, she had done her best as always.
I love you...
What was that? It couldn't be... No, it hadn't been.
She stroked the freshly fixed bear, her eyes once again darting among the excitement around her. Annette curled up tighter against the wall in her corner as she waited for some kind of direction or order.
She could help. She just knew it.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - 1
- Original - 2
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Sam
Tier Level: Mid Level Average