Arrancar - Sobek Kurokawa - [A-1] Jan 30, 2012 3:22:13 GMT -5
Post by Mikhail Rost on Jan 30, 2012 3:22:13 GMT -5
Name: Sobek Kurokawa
Actual Age: 350
Appearing Age: 35(Actual age divided by 10)
Sobek's lightly tanned body is toned, lithe, and muscular. Standing at about 6'1", and 175 lbs, he is an imposing figure. His long, flowing, black hair reaches past his shoulders, to his mid back. It is sometimes tied back in a ponytail with a black and red ribbon. One lock of hair on his left is in a braid, with a small yellowed stone on the end that has the hieroglyph for his namesake engraved on its surface. His yellow-gold eyes are unsettling, and his gaze sometimes appears almost reptilian.
Sobek is missing his left eye from where the current head of the exequias, Jeanne, plucked it from its socket. Matanza is helping him regenerate the eye, but it will take time. Until then he wears a white eyepatch trimmed in black. Sobek also has a long scar beginning near the middle of his abdomen that goes up through his right shoulder, where the vizard Rydia nearly cut him in half, searching for her friend in Hueco Mundo.
His high collared suit is pretty traditional for the Arrancar, except the folds of black seem larger. The high collar hides part of his mask fragment, a toothy elongated bottom jaw that stretches back near his neck, and up under his long black hair. His hollow hole covered by the large white coat is low on the center of his chest. White cloth bandages are tied around his wrists and hands, and his Zanpakuto is sheathed within his sash on his left side.
He has another outfit when relaxing that's a fancy black and red that closes across his right. Of course its rare to catch him relaxing and during these times his demeanor is more, reflective. Even if his outfit might change he is never without his Zanpakuto.
Sobek follows his orders without question and to the best of his ability. Even while still a hollow Sobek was an opportunistic individual, preferring to ambush his prey, operating much as the special ops of the shinigami might. In combat, Sobek has his own honor code. He is very strategic about fights... If outnumbered, seek to even the odds or escape to a more advantageous area. One on one however, he answers force with force, preferring to fight hand to hand until the opponent makes drawing his weapon neccessary. Interestingly enough, Sobek prefers not to use his Resurrection when its not neccessary or only as a last resort.
He doesn't trust easily, if at all, it only serves as a way of getting close enough to someone to hurt them. When given orders from someone he doesn't trust, he may sometimes manipulate their wording, like an evil Djinn of legends. If their orders aren't precise then what happens between the lines is his business.
Sometimes Sobek sojourns to the human world, he likes the rivers and oceans there, just about any body of water really. There is no water in Hueco Mundo and it is depressing. When given a chance he likes to wade into water and feel it rushing around him. He admires its great power to bring life, but also to destroy.
When Sobek is relaxing he becomes more reflective, this is when all the questions he holds inside comes to mind. He knows they are all seen as expendable, and yet they follow the shinigami masters. Still its not wise to dwell on such things. Perhaps one day he will rise to a position of power but until then, he serves.
Trust was Sobek's undoing, and is probably why he keeps people at arms length now. Betrayed by a friend and fellow soldier, and slain for the love of a woman, his spirit remained chained to the place and person he loved. He barely remembers it now, but can recall moonlit walks along the shores near his home. Now he could only watch as his former friend, the scent of death still about him, comforted the woman he cared for. His anger and sadness consumed him, and slowly his link to this world eroded away, until through an agonizing change he became a hollow. Strangely his form became that of a large crocodile, with a massive jaw, razor sharp claws, and a whip like tail, it was with them that he took his revenge.
No longer recognizing friend from foe, Sobek killed and devoured the souls of many. He was quite adept at striking without notice, until finally he got the attention of a shinigami who had come to defeat him. Sobek was crafty, somehow able to hide his spiritual energy, he lured the shinigami to the hunting ground of another Hollow to throw him off. Their battle was quick, but when the shinigami was about to slay the rival hollow, was when Sobek struck in ambush. He ate not only the shinigami, but the weakened hollow as well. The rush of devouring the two powerful beings was incredible, he wanted more.
He took over his rivals hunting grounds and began a feeding frenzy, but the beings here quickly became less tempting then the prospect of eating another shinigami or hollow. It was an all consuming thought, and he could feel himself becoming something more, so to find more tempting meals he retreated to Hueco Mundo and the Menos Forest. Quickly striking and devouring those he considered inferior in an effort to become more powerful, he found himself changing into a Gillian.
He wandered for a long time with the sole purpose of devouring others, until his conciousness emerged strong from the multitude of others. In time he found himself changing again.
He transformed into a Adjuchas, becoming so much smaller, but his power was immense. Standing at about 15 ft tall and resembling a pale bluish humanoid with a white crocodiles head. More almost tribal looking bluish marks near the top of the crocodiles head and beneath its jaw. He trusted no one and was deceptively quick, continuing to devour other hollows until he found out about the rumors of even stronger hollows at Las Noches.
Sobek was offered even greater power at Las Noches, but he was reluctant. He warily accepted, if only for a chance to strike at something more powerful, in order to get that rush that he craved. When he found out there was truth to the offer of power, he agreed to serve. He became part of the Exequias, the execution division of Aizens army. In a sense all the Espada have some level of control over him, and he carries out his orders with dread precision.
Recently a child named Jeanne came to Sobek declaring herself the new leader of the Exequias, he was not at all impressed and made that abundantly clear to her and another newcomer. She retailated by leaving him beaten and bloodied after some time in her Iron Maiden. Even though she is much stronger then he is, Sobek despises his supposed new leader, Jeanne. He will never consider her the true leader of the Exequias. Everything about her annoys him from her clothes to her mannerisms, Sobek considers her childish and disgraceful, and no matter what, he will never willingly obey her wishes.
Sobek even tried to get over his lack of trust and took in a subordinate named Apep. He made for pleasant if eccentric company but of course Jeanne couldn't let Sobek have any sort of peace. During what should have been a relaxing tea time she interrupted and considered Apep's manners Sobek's fault. With hardly a word Jeanne plucked Sobek's eye from its socket sending him thrashing to the floor in agony. Even worse was that afterward Apep begged to go and get help. Sobek decided then that it was still useless to trust another, that and to save Apep and himself he must send his companion away. He purposefully insulted Apep for lowering himself to begging for help and Apep responded scornfully, the two have barely spoken since.
Matanza is using some experimental regeneration technique to help heal Sobek's missing eye but it will take some time, and who knows what the end result of her experiment will be...
In another recent encounter a powerful vizard named Rydia came to Hueco Mundo searching for a fellow vizard. She happened across Sobek in the desert and trapped him trying to pry information out of him. He didn't know much and only served to stall her for a short time, that is until her Inner Hollow emerged and in her loss of control she nearly slashed him in half.
During Sobek's recovery time he has talked to a strange, flora obsessed shinigami, named Ishiki. While the two share some views Sobek isn't really sure what to make of him as the man seems slightly unhinged. His most recent orders have him joining Jeanne and the other Exequias on a hunt for rogue Arrancar, there's at least one that Jeanne seems particularly interested in and Sobek would just love to ruin her day!...
- Swordsmanship- Advanced
- Cero - Intermediate Though weaker for only being able to use one eye.
- Sonido - Advanced
- Hand to Hand - Intermediate
- Speed - Intermediate
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Advanced
- Intelligence - Intermediate
- Cero - (sero; Spanish for "Zero", Japanese for "Hollow Flash", 'Doom Blast' in the Viz translation) is a highly powerful and relatively swift energy blast that can be fired from various body parts, such as mouth, tongue, hand or fingers. Only Menos, Arrancar, and Vizard have so far been shown to use Cero attacks, and it appears that stronger entities can use it more efficiently and forcefully. Cero also requires some time to be used effectively, so the enemy must be either not moving or busy with something else, or too badly wounded to even simply dodge it, with the exception of a few Cero techniques and users. Additionally, there exists quite a number of variations of Cero, which are usually unique to the Arrancar using it. (Sobek's Cero takes on a midnight blueish hue and this normal Cero is fired from his eyes.)
- Garganta - (garuganta; Spanish for "Throat", Japanese for "Black Cavity") is how Hollows and Arrancar move to and from Hueco Mundo. Kaname T¨sen and Kisuke Urahara have also demonstrated the ability to use the technique. It literally tears open the dimensional fabric separating the worlds, revealing a tunnel of whirling, torrential energy that must be focused and solidified to create a discernible pathway.
- Hierro - (iero; Spanish for "Iron," Japanese for "Steel Skin") is an Arrancar technique in which the user's reiryoku condenses, creating a steel-hard skin strong enough to block a Zanpakut¨. This also allows them to fight some of the sword-wielding Shinigami barehanded.
- *Mascara Espiritu* - (Spanish for "Mask Spirit") An ability that lets him hide his spiritual energy. Stronger beings will sense a presence but still have difficulty pinpointing its origin. The effect is weakened when using Sonido to the point that higher tiers will be able to detect him, and his level or lower, will sense the presence but be unable to pinpoint it. Thereby giving him the ability to hide until he strikes to those of his own or lower tier. Once any other ability is used however, the effect breaks until he renews it. It takes about 1% of his power per minute to use.
Las lagrimas del Dios Cocodrilo (Translation - Tears of the Crocodile God)
- Description of Attack - A more powerful version of Sobek's Cero, A midnight blue blast with an encroaching black aura that collects at his eyes over the course of about 5 seconds and is a wider beam of force. Typically Sobek's head tilts back as the energy forms then blasts forth to batter an enemy.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 35 yards
- Limitation - This attack uses about 25% of his energy, typically he'll use it to do away with a troublesome foe since its more of a battering force it can push enemies away while he deals with others or finds a better vantage to attack from. The attack takes about 5 seconds to charge meaning using it face to face would be dangerous. Against a pinned foe however this attack has potentially devastating results. Those one step higher, tier wise, will only take about half damage, two steps higher about a quarter. Anyone of higher power then this will be unharmed.
Rodillo de la Muerte (Translation - Death Roll)
- Description of Attack - A powerful attack used by Crocodiles and put to good effect by Sobek especially when wielding his swords or whip. Sobek spins in place, becoming a flurry of slashing blade or twirling the barbed whip. Bare handed this attack operates like a wrestling move and can be dangerous as Sobek enjoys grabbing onto enemies in the air and corkscrewing them into the ground.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - Hand to hand to about 10-20 feet with the whip.
- Limitation - One of his primary modes of hunting all through his life as a hollow this attack only uses about 5% of his energy. Twirling his weapon slows him down a bit and makes him an easy target for long distance attacks for about 10 seconds. Those one step higher, tier wise, will only take about half damage, two steps higher about a quarter. Anyone of higher power then this will be unharmed.
Name of Ability
- Description of Attack -
- Type -
- Range -
- Limitation -
Name: El Poder de Nilo
Translation -(Might of the Nile/Nile's Might)
Call Out Phrase: Agriete Como Trueno, Gira las Mareas, El Poder de Nilo!
Translation - (Crack Like Thunder, Turn the Tides, Nile's Might!)
Unreleased, Sobek's Zanpakuto is a Khopesh roughly 20 inches long. The Blade has an indented curvy line along its length thats a dark blue. The handle is molded Onyx with a gleaming white Croc tooth sticking out of the end. The guard is golden and extends to cover his knuckles It has a curled wave design engraved into it.
In his Resurreccion, Sobek's body becomes more like the humanoid crocodile is named for. He grows in size a bit, to 8 feet tall with plates of Jet black/midnight blue covering his form. Each hand and foot grow bone white claws and his tail snaps like the whip it was before. Sobek's eyes are fully golden and reptilian in this form
An elongated ninja type mask forms over his lower face with the toothy maw of the crocodile upon it. Crisscrossing, tribal designs of blue and black travel from the front fangs, up around his eyes. Finally a crest forms across his brow linking around his eyes to the mask below. Almost visor-like in appearance.
In his Resurreccion, Sobek's Zanpakuto transforms from the Kopesh, into a 20 foot long barbed bullwhip. Seemingly made from a jet black leather, streaks of dark blue mingle with the black, and the barbs resemble stark white bone along the length. The handle of the whip is 12 inches long and has a dark blue sapphire in the weighted butt which can also be used to beat enemies.
Marea Oscura (Spanish for 'Dark Tide')
- Description of Attack - Sobek conjures a terrifying wave of Murky waters that crashes down upon the victim(s) and creates a cube of dark water, limiting opponents visibility. It can also present a problem to those who need to breathe, but the real power in this ability is in how it gives Sobek more speed and freedom of movement. Easily swimming though the dark waters, and making it hard to see his body moving through it. This combined with *Mascara Espiritu can be confusing.
- Type - Passive/Activation
- Range - 60 feet (20 yards) Cube
- Limitation - The damage this is capable of is perhaps only bothersome to those of lower tier, or those who require air to breathe. It requires roughly 20% energy, and a crafty opponent can manipulate the water with other elements.(example - water conducting electricity)
Las Mandibulas del Dios Cocodrilo (Spanish for 'The Jaws of the Crocodile God')
- Description of Attack - Sobek's final attack, the sky darkens and Sobek summons a pair of great murky tidal waves that form the shape of mighty crocodile jaws and teeth as they crash down and around an opponent. If Dark Tide is used before hand this attack is even larger and more devastating.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - 100 yards
- Limitation - This attack is Sobek's final attack meaning it can leave him feeling drained using about 30% of his energy to summon, It also takes time to summon and form, about 45 seconds before crashing down on an opponent. Giving a not already hurt or stunned opponent time to escape its range or counter if they are fast enough.
*Without Dark Tide - Three steps higher+ - No Damage, Two steps - 25%, One step - 50%, Same or lower - 100%
*Dark Tide used with The Jaws of the Crocodile God adds about 50% power to it. In this situation the damage would be as follows. Three steps+ - No damage, Two steps - 33%, one step - 66%, Same or lower - 150%
Of course since damage is determined by the defender, not the attacker, it is in the end up to them how much this actually means.
(This combined with Dark Tide adding up to 50% of his energy means he can only really use the combo once per combat anymore would harm him.)
(Note- Using all 4 of his powers once in a scene, would equal about 80% of his total power)
**I'm taking this upgrade opportunity to revise the whole application as I'm not happy with some mistakes I made in the original document.**
Sobek walked the quiet halls of Las Noches, on patrol, his soft footfalls sounding on the floor. Who in their right mind would attack the palace of the Espada? He thought, as he wandered the empty feeling stronghold within Hueco Mundo. This was so boring, and rumors of an uprising among the hollows seemed very unlikely. He leaned against one of the walls with his thumbs tucked into his belt near his swords. He could really use a break and wouldn't be gone long enough to really be noticed.
His yellow-gold eyes briefly scanned the hallway, looking around to make sure he was alone, before he opened a Garganta and stepped through to the human world. It opened and he emerged near a river, stepping down from the opening in space, and letting it close behind him. Sobek's feet touched the ground and he stepped down towards the waters edge. His long back hair blowing in the wind as he crouched and dipped one hand into the water just to feel the current rush over his skin. How he enjoyed the feeling of the cool water, the smell of the rain, or the ocean. There was no water at all in Hueco Mundo and he hated it.
He sat on the ground for a little bit and wondered if he could bring some water back with him what would happen to it? Could he make a small pond or something there? It was something to think about. With a sigh he arose from the ground and opened the garganta to head back home. When he got back there was another arrancar standing there.
"And just where were you?" The other arrancar asked with a smirk.
"Thats none of your concern." Sobek replied.
"Maybe not mine, but someone else might be interested to know..." The other said hinting at taking pleasure in seeing Sobek get into trouble.
"Do as you wish."
"Maybe they should find someone more suited for your position."
"If you think you can do better, then take it from me..." Silence "...No, I didn't think so." Sobek shook his head and walked out of the room leaving the irate arrancar behind.
Sobek stormed down the hallway of Los Noches. He was sick of the lack of respect he got from his fellow arrancar. There were those that plotted behind his back now.
Any day now, Jeanne will tire of that worthless Sobek and finish him off. Even better I could deal with him myself and Jeanne will see how strong I am!
Curse that girl, Sobek thought, I'll deal with this now!
Sobek arrived at a door and took a deep breath before pushing the door open and entering a chamber where ten or so arrancar were gathered. Their chatter ceased for a moment as they looked over at him. His one good yellow-gold eye unblinking as he scanned the room, one of them finally spoke up in a mocking voice and stood from his chair.
"Well, if it isn't the great exequias Sobek, you had a pretty comfy gig for a while huh? Heard you got demoted, not so great anymore is it? You were pretty intimidating before but alot of us are seeing things differently now, after all, we still got both our eyes!"
The arrancar's comment brought laughter from the whole room, he grinned widely and glanced around at all his buddies. Sobek glared at him with contempt and the arrancar just smirked. Suddenly Sobek's glare softened.
"Yes, that's very amusing. I suppose you all think, that when my time is finally over you'll be ready to move up in the world."
He moved across the room towards the arrancar that stood mocking him and the others looked kinda jumpy. Hands reached for their zanpakuto hilts.
"Sure, that's the way things work around here, eat or be eaten. Right guys? You're in the wrong place Sobek, nobody here likes you."
The last said as Sobek got close to the man and Sobek heard a sword being drawn behind him. Sobek's eye glowed dark blue restaining a cero. In a flash his Khopesh was drawn and Sobek spun, as he turned back the tip of the blade was under the mocking arrancar's throat.
"You may not like me, but you will respect me!"
The arrancar approaching from behind gasped as part of his hair fell from his head in a clump. Sobek resheathed his Khopesh and turned to leave. As the door closed they cautiously went back to talking about him. People wondered why he had such an issue with trusting others.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Yes
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Yes
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - 3
- Original - 6
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Wicked
Tier Level: High Level Weak