Arrancar - Jericho Cross - [A-3] Jun 17, 2012 0:18:06 GMT -5
Post by ogihci on Jun 17, 2012 0:18:06 GMT -5
Name: Jericho Cross
Actual Age: 203
Appearing Age: 20
Jericho is a very tall individual man standing at six feet tall. He weighs about 200 pounds with a slim but very muscular build. His hair is white in color. It is medium length just long enough to reach the middle of the back of his neck. His eyes are red colored and give him the appearance of ferociousness along with the whites of his eyes being black bringing out the red even more. His skin is fairly tan but not to the point were a little more sun might hurt him. He retains a scar across his left eye from a battle that happen early in his life. Other than the scar his body is fully intact aside from his hollow hole which is located in his chest and his mask fragment which covers his left eye socket besides from were his eye is.
He wears the standard arrancar uniform with a few changes to it. His white jacket has a black collar which he has turned up like an old television biker. He also wears the black sash, white hamak, and the and the black and white boots that bear an opposing similarity to a Shinigami's sandals. He wears his seven foot long claymore like zanpakuto across his back in a downward fashion so that it goes along the length of his back.
His uniform has become torn and not been replaced due to him not returning to Hueco Mundo for a while. Mostly due to injury. On that note, he also wears bandages across his body because of injuries from an encounter with a wolf-like arrancar named Samyeru.
Jericho is a very combat oriented individual preferring fighting to talking in most cases unless talking is completely necessary. Most of the time when he is talking to someone they are usually someone he respects. Jericho respects those who are stronger than him no matter what the race. The ones who have earned the most of admiration are the espada. They earned it so much that he hopes to one day become one of them himself. He prefers the company of other arrancar stronger than himself seeing them as ones that deserve great respect.
Jericho has an overly zealous look at weakness. He despises it with an extreme hatred because at one time he thought of himself as weak and he will personally go out of his way to crush it. Since this is true he tends to ignore those who are weaker believing that they have little use in the world. The way he underestimates weakness may be the reason for his downfall.
His best friend is his zanpakuto Diablo. Though he considers Diablo his best friend in some cases he sees him as a nuisance, talking to him in the middle of a fight trying to give him pointers on how he can win against his opponent. As Jericho prefers to fight on his own.
Now this isn't to say that he can't fight with a team its just he prefers to prove himself not only to those stronger than him but himself also. While in combat Jericho prefers the up front and brutally violent approach. His signature starting move is him sonidoing behind his opponent and letting a cero fly. He will not leave the opponent a break unless it is to mock them or to stroke his own ego. The only thing that Jericho likes even close to fighting is metal music and he can usually be found in his room playing along with it when there's no fighting to do.
Due to a few people: like a shinigami named Daigoro, a arrancar named Samyeru, and a human named Mikhail. Jericho has tapped into a reservoir of emotions he didn't even know he had. It turns out that he actually hates the mistreatment of fraccion, mostly seen done by Nnoitra. He also has been taught a few lessons by the three. For one he was always told by Dai to protect people but, he never really got the whole idea. Then he was later told by Samyeru: "A strong man stands up for himself but, a stronger man stands up for others." Initially he thought this was a way for him to become more powerful so he tried to make it so. Well, he would when his injuries healed a bit more. It was a human who actually caused the lessons to actually sink in and reveal a more protective side of Jericho that he still doesn't understand.
He has come to the conclusion that he will protect the weak, letting them reach a higher potential and even going so far as to teach them how to defend themselves. Needless to say his outlook on weakness has been shattered though, the idea still remains in his head. He actually struggles to help, fighting nature and a hard habit to break. But he is trying. He has also started to develop a, for right now, purely professional relationship with the arrancar known as Vaaz. Together they plan on taking down the espada known as Nnoitra, feeling his time has come and that he doesn't deserve his position. He is to report to her when he gets back to being fighting fit. He is also now willing to admit that his best is the shinigami named Daigoro Ito and that he is also friends with Mikhail Rost, a human. As for Samyeru, he is unsure if he can see him as a friend, rival, or perhaps an enemy.
We see a newly formed soul standing next to its lifeless body on the edge of a cliff on a highway. By the look of it he was hit by a car. "I'm so weak I should have survived that." the soul moans. He starts to walk a way when he slips his soul falls down the cliff his chain gets caught on a tree and is ripped from his body. The transformation occurs quickly he changes into a hollow within minutes. A voice echos in his head "I'm so weak" and he thinks "Power need more Power."
Years later he has absorbed so many souls he has become a Gillian. Still the thought echos "Power need more power." he is later found by a group of arrancar and brought before Aizen. Aizen offers him a deal more power for him to serve Aizen. The voice still echos "Power need more power." he accepts the deal and becomes the ideal soldier. Dubbed the number 66 he now works for Aizen hating weakness and striving to be stronger. But the voice still echos "Power need more power."
Having become part of the tenth espada's fraccion until the recent change in the ones holding higher up positions. He was removed from his post which he was fine with but it irritated him that he was so easily cast aside seen as unfit to continue to still be a part of the fraccion. He has went on to become part of the 5th Espada Nnoitra's fraccion, however, he soon found that to be a mistake and left his service, not really caring for how he treated his subordinates, like killing one and allowing the other to fall to a shinigami. He has also had a run in with a shinigami who actually decided to spare his life. With this he decided that if the shinigami ever needed his help all he would have to do is ask. It was this that would later spark a friendship, Jericho's first to be exact.
He then met the shinigami again, they would spar for a bit before it was intervened by a Vizard who began talking to them. Daigoro took his leave and Jericho blamed it on the Vizard who had appeared. The Vizard's allow awoke and attacked Jericho but, the battle was pretty much already decided before they started. Jericho found relative ease in thrashing the Vizard. They clashed ceros at one point sending them flying in opposite directions. In a blatant show of power Jericho released his resurreccion and began tossing the Vizard around like a rag doll for shits and giggles. When he was down for the count Jericho stood over him and began to charge a cero to finish him off. But suddenly he stopped and came with an even more damaging idea. He stopped charging his cero and let the reiastu go and said "You not worth" and as he began to take his leave through a garganta he flipped him off as it shut.
He would later fight a mouthy female quincy and even had a bit of trouble with her finding that he had to release to fight her or he would surely have lost. Before leaving Nnoitra's service Nnoitra, him, and two other fraccion rode out on the town and ended up starting a war between the Espada and the Gotei 13. The war ended with only a few lives lost but, they were lost non the less. Two being the other fraccion of Nnoitra. One killed thanks to Nnoitra himself. A few months after the war Jericho found himself getting rather bored with just staying in Hueco Mundo. Traveling out to the human world he began destroying Karakura Park in order to draw someone strong to fight out. He got what he wished for alright, and you know that old saying. "Be careful what you wish for."
The battle ensued them trading blows and Jericho even causing some damage himself. However the wolf-like arrancar named Samyeru was indeed stronger than him and even more, was much faster than he was. To Jericho this arrancar could have easily been an espada but, he chose not to be one and chose to help protect the human world instead. Jericho couldn't even comprehend that kind of thinking and just plain didn't understand it. The battle was everything Jericho could of hoped it would be but, he was soon defeated and he didn't understand why. The other arrancar wasn't that much more powerful than him, what had been his secret? When Jericho asked the arrancar had thought for a moment and then responded "A strong man stands up for himself but, a stronger man stands up for others." Initially he thought this was a way for him to become more powerful so he would try to make it so.
When he passed out the arrancar actually felt sorry for him and moved him to were he would be not as easily spotted. Ironically Jericho was found by no other than the wolf-like arrancar's human pupil, Mikhail Rost. This human took him to a cave so that he could heal up and be safe from possible harm. Jericho spent weeks in that cave in a comatose-like state. When Jericho finally awoke he was initially hostile to the human seeing as nothing but weak. That's when he saw an opportunity to test this theory of the wolf-like arrancar. But, though that goal started out greedily after a long talk with the human, it turned into something more. An actually want to protect the human, and for the second time in Jericho's life, he made a friend. However, Jericho wouldn't be aware of this until a week later when he was just walking around Karakura finally able to stretch his legs at will.
He would eventually sense reiastu that was strong emanating from the hospital. He went to investigate and met a arrancar named Vaaz. It would be later and that he would find out she was an ex-espada who had lost her seat and her power. From first sight he knew she was stronger than him, especially in his injured state. Still having bandages on. This was the first time he ever decided not to fight someone stronger than him. He found that his life mattered to him, no matter hos masochistic he was before. It wouldn't have been an issue if Mikhail hadn't shown up later and caused Vaaz to focus on him. Finding him intriguing. He was afraid he would have to fight her to protect the human. But, luck was on his side and he actually used the power of words for the first time to coerce her away from attacking Mikhail.
How you ask? By simply stating that Nnoitra would be a more worthy prize and that he would be willing to help her take him down. This actually got her attention and had her leave Mikhail be. Jericho was glad, he had protected a friend in need. After much more deep discussion and even getting the rather indifferent towards anything Vaaz to get out of her shell a bit, Jericho discovered some life altering lessons and maybe even helped her answer questions about herself. It was also this day that he decided to teach Mikhail how to protect himself against arrancar and became his teacher, not knowing that Samyeru already was one and still doesn't know. He has also been giving Mikhail a bit of a run down on how the ranks of Las Noches are run.
- Swordsmanship- Advanced
- Cero - Beginner
- Sonído - Intermediate
- Hand to Hand - Advanced
- Speed - Intermediate
- Power - Advanced
- Stamina - Advanced
- Intelligence - Intermediate
- Cero - His is red and has a white outline and it is fired from his right hand. When in his released form the cero is fired from between his horns.
- Description of Attack - He grabs his opponent a proceeds to beat on them first a punch to the stomach followed by a kick to the bottom of the chin causing his opponent to sky rocket then he slashes them with his zanpakuto while using reistu to light them with what looks like a black flame.
- Type - Offense
- Range - Short
- Limitation - This is a fairly weak ability really just meant to get a lot of shots in even if not meant to do much harm. Also the numerous attacks give the opponent numerous chances to counter attack. It does about moderate damage to a opponent who is a tier beneath him. It does a little bit to those who are the same tier as him and would probably do minimal damage if any to those a tier higher than himself.
- Description of Attack - Using his fire like eyes he is able to see into others Reiastu in an attempt to see what they are going to do. In essence he sees his opponents reistu and tries to act accordingly though not always succeeding.
- Type - Activate
- Range - Self
- Limitation - Now this power only allows him to attempt to guess what there going to do so it starts out at about a 1 in 10 chance of actually working to his benefit at around 10 feet. The accuracy lowers the farther the opponent is away. So every 10 feet outside the original 10 feet it would be cut by have at about a 1 in 20 chance then moving on to 1 in 40 chance of succeeding and so on. This ability can also not be permanently on and has a run time of 5 seconds. This ability takes about 3% of his reistu each time it is used.
Translation - Devil
Call Out Phrase: Slaughter, Diablo
Translation - Slaughter, Devil
It's appearance is that of a a black claymore 7ft long with the name Diablo written in red on the blade and carried on his back with a red ruby in the shape of a skull inserted into the hilt. The hilt itself is in the form of the rib cage and arms.
His zanpakuto is able to speak with him through there connection in his mind. His zanpakuto usually gives him pointers in battle and sometimes randomly talks about the situation at hand. The zanpakuto by Jericho's believe is his urge to become stronger when released Jericho always hears the voice say "Power, need more power.
The relationship between the two is that of a contract agreement. Jericho will strive to become stronger for his zanpakuto's urge to become stronger as well.
Jericho's zanpakuto has shrank in size, e believes it may have been caused by him not fighting for so long, needing to heal up or from his now strained relationship with Diablo. Much lither a muscle going through atrophy. Little does he know its a sign of his hollow powers maturing. In total it has lost half a foot in length and the wide flat side of it has slimmed down a bit but, it retains its claymore like shape.
His Resurreccion appearance is that of a black Devil with wings and horns. He is about 10ft tall in this form slim but muscle built his black horns curve upward from his forehead and his wings are feathered but black. He gains what looks like vampire fangs. His outfit turns black. His ruby that was on his zanpakuto appears on his forehead. Finally his skin turns a sickly shad of white. His hollow piece grows to connect to the other eye socket and has turned black.
Black Fire Blade
- Description of Attack - Jericho ignites is hand in black fire and then causes it to condense into his hand much like a cero but, instead of firing a beam it solidifies into a blade resembling his zanpakuto pre-release. The blade itself is a solid black in color with heat rising off the blade.
- Type - Offensive/Defensive
- Range - Short
- Limitation - It can only be formed in one hand and does about the same damage as a regular zanpakuto. In essence its almost like he kept his zanpakuto that he had before he released. Higher and lower tiers are damaged accordingly with what has been made the rule of thumb before. Doing less damage to higher tiers and possibly doing no damage, and doing more if not more horrifying damage to lesser tiers. Approximately 50% to one tier up, 75% to the same tier, and 100% to one tier below. The heat is not hot enough to burn. This technique uses 10% of his reiastu and the blade remains until he loses consciousness or gets rid of it himself aka when the battle ends.
Theses attacks are a 1-2-3 combo in which they each take 2 sec to start and after the combo he uses up so much reistu that he can't stay in his resurreccion form.
Black Fire Bombardment
- Description of Attack - Using his wings he launches himself up into the air and unleashes his reistu from them in what looks like his feathers shooting out in bombardments of 6 black fire balls causing even the land to be lit with black flames in 6 different areas around a 50 sq yard area. This attack can be used 3 times before he can move on to Black fire geysers. Contrary to popular belief these are not real fire but concentrated reistu that has many of the properties and appearance of fire. The areas where the fires hit will not go out tell Jericho is unable to fight, the fight is over, or he dies.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - Area (50 Square yards)
- Limitation - Each one of the shots cost about 6% of his reistu. Right after shooting this attack three times he has to move on to black fire geysers. This attack is not auto targeting and it may most likely complete miss the opponent as it focuses on the entire 50 square yard area with 18 shots in random areas which the opponent might not be in at all.
Black Fire Geysers
- Description of Attack - After using Black fire bombardment he is able to use the black fires it causes and make them erupt into 50 ft geysers of black fire burning anything in their upward path. Contrary to popular belief these are not real fire but concentrated reistu that has many of the properties and appearance of fire.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - Area (50 ft high and 10 sq ft wide for each point were black fire bombardment landed)
- Limitation - These geysers fire straight up so are pretty easily dodged if the person knows the attack or pays close enough attention to it.
Black Fire Tornado
- Description of Attack - The final attack of his combination. After using Black fire geyser he is able to make the many geysers attempt to converge on his opponent wrapping them up into a tornado of Black fire that sometimes causes severe 3rd degree burns to form on there bodies.
- Type - Offensive
- Range - N/A
- Limitation - After the use of his last attack he reverts back to his original unreleased self. This ability basically finishes off 75% of his reistu at the time. If he does the attacks right off the bat at about this point he would only have 15% of his reistu leaving him pretty much drained, of course this is if he went into his resurreccion right off the bat and as that would not be normally the case he would probably be left with only 5% of his reistu left.
It was a beautiful sunny day in the realm of Las Noches. The land, the existent surf, unless you call more land surf, and the non tropical dead trees. Boy who wouldn't want to live there? There sat a man on the husk of what probably used to be a hollow and around them laid more of the bodies as some began to disintegrate. The man was an arrancar named Jericho Cross. His mid length white hair blew around wildly as a breeze blew past. He had a bored look in his eye and seemed almost comatose by boredom. But then a familiar voice to seem to arise as if from no were.
"Why you just sitting here kid we need to keep getting stronger and we can't do th at if you just sit here," said the voice almost metallic with a hint of irritation.
"Screw off these hollows are nothing but piss stains in the desert that will soon dry up into oblivion. THEY ARE WEAK," Jericho screamed firing a cero blast at a poor dead unsuspecting tree. He began continuously slamming around what was left of the bodies on the ground pissed there was nothing better to fight around here.
"You know we could head to the human world in search of larger and more powerful targets," the voice suggested. This made Jericho pause for a second and think. A gigantic grin spread across his face which looked pretty intimidating combined with his fiery red eyes and black eye whites.
"That's right. We could even run into one of those shinigami, one of them has to be strong enough. Oh Diablo what would i ever do with out you," he said pulling out his zanpakuto and looking at it as if he was speaking to it. The black claymore gleamed in the bright sunlight. Then Jericho made a garganta making his way to the human world literally. He stepped in and as it was about to fully close the voice spoke up again.
"Probably lose your mind kid. Probably lose your mind," Diablo said his voice seeming to drift off as the garganta faded.
Rules and Guide Agreement
- Have you read the full rules of this site, including Xat rules, and understand them? Y
- Have you read through the Arrancar Application Guide? Y
- How many Characters do you currently posses?
- Canon - 0
- Original - 11
Moderator Use Only
Reviewed by: Ai
Tier Level: High Level Average